Joe K.

DAS - How to remove all Global Trend Lines

Summary: To remove all trend lines, you may delete the GlobalTrendline.dat file from the DASTrader Pro folder

I recently ran into an issue with DAS Trader Pro where anytime I went to insert a Global Trend Line an error message popped up stating that I had "exceeded" the number of Global Trend Lines allowed. After attempting to remove the lines myself without success, I contacted DAS Support for further advice. The result, all Global Trend Lines can be deleted by opening up your computer's DASTrader Pro folder (downloaded onto the computer from the initial download) and deleting the GlobalTrendline.dat file. Then, simply relaunch DAS and you'll be able to place new trend lines! 

Hope this helps someone else!

Joe 

• Like 2

Wow thks, did not know they had a limit. I use many many lines.

I have removed the dat fie in past when it got corrupted.

Yeah same, it also coincidently happened after I ran an update so not too sure what exactly triggered it. 

You may increase the trendline limit on your platform. At the top of the

platform go to Set up> Trade setting and look to the bottom to see the

option to update

1 hour ago, Ram Ayyagari said:

You may increase the trendline limit on your platform. At the top of the

platform go to Set up> Trade setting and look to the bottom to see the

option to update

Ram, thks. 

Do u know if it has a max limit now ?  Can we enter any amt now ? Like all 9999999999's LOL.

I saw tht screen while @KyleK29 was sharing his screen, but I had already reverted to the old version.

Was thinking abt "re-upgrading" to 5.6 over week-end but need to know the max Global Trend lines limit.  I neva delete my levels as they do not change once u have the correct level its a permanent level.

may have to reach out to DAS support if u dont know the answer.

again thks.

17 minutes ago, Abiel said:

DAS just released version 5.6.4.1. this week (feb. 10 2021) and they added a configuration for maximum number of global trend lines in Setup->Other Configuration

@Abiel That "configuration" means you have a max number or u can configure it to be any number ?

DAS support just confirmed the max number for this box is "limitless".

Awesome sauce !!!

Definite upgrade this weekend.

Edited by Alastair