Sign in to follow this  
Marek Liyanage

Trade Ideas Scanners optimized for Options Trading

I began trading options a month or so ago. With swing and options trading in mind I had moved away from DAS to the TradeStation platform. The last few weeks I also tweaked my scanners to restrict the universe of stocks I trade to those that have price >10, market cap >200Mio and Float >20Mio as a minimum requirement for any scanner I use and then added a few fixed lists of stocks that are more suitable for options day and swing trading. E.g one window just tracks a short list of my favorite 15 stocks for intraday options trading. Then there's 2 other lists "Movers 'n Shakers" and "Swing" which includes mostly growth stocks good for day or swing trading. These lists are fixed so don't change (the weekend I update the underlying symbol lists so they might change from one week to the next by a few stocks I add or remove).

The only real scanners I use are a market open and pre market as well as an earnings scanner. These scanners are very simple scanners.

I have color-coded everything to improve visual perception and as you can see the lists track things like options volume or relative stock volume or "below/above" premarket high/low levels which are useful levels to trade off.

Here's the Trade-Ideas cloud link - you will probably need a TI subscription to download or open the layout. Play around with it and let me know how you like or don't. You can also DM me or hit me up on Fintwit if you have questions.

https://www.trade-ideas.com/Cloud.html?code=8f1b49ca041a33a3663c66e0a042a800

image.png.57636899a76a68da3e64bbdff3ceaab5.png 

image.thumb.png.9239a96056149a6816e8c4923414665f.png

image.png

• Like 1