gmount

Stop, Sell and Cover B/E Hotkey

Question: Found Thor Hotkey video helpful, but there was no explanation regarding the Sell/Cover @B/E, and Stop B/E buttons or a script for Sell/Cover @B/E. 

hi guys ,,, what is the script to take partial , without breakeven or cancelling the original stop loss . Thanks

Hi Fahad,

These scipts wont cancel or put in a new stop loss. 

Script for Selling 50%

ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Bid-0.10;Share=Pos*.5;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send

Script for Buying/Covering 50%

ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Ask+0.10;Share=Pos*.5;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send

You can change the percentage after Pos* to whatever you like. I made them for 100%, 50%, 25% and 10% partials. 

Hope this works for you,

Jeff

• Thanks 1

Hi SagaOttawa,

I use cmeg broker.  I tried those scripts , they works fine in buying partial and selling partial " only if  short available ".

If stock is not shortable script doesnt work. 

I tried this script ; 

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=BID-0.05;Price=Round2;Share=Pos*.25;TIF=DAY;SELL=Send

It works , but cancel my original stope .  I removed " CXL ALLSYMB " , so it doesnt cancel my original stop , but it doesnt work at all ??

Thanks .

Hi Team,

Searching everywhere for the following Hotkeys with no success 😞. Would appreciate any help!

"Fixed dollar equalized risk for SSR trades"

Thanks and best regards

Peter, would you be able to share the hotkey for "Equalized Dollar Risk: Cover Half + Move Stop to Breakeven". When I use mine it does covers half but completely removes my stop!

Thanks so much.

Hi Peter, I checked and can confirm the montage was set to STOP. Also, the long version of the key works perfectly. Thanks.

On 1/9/2021 at 12:56 PM, fahad said:

Hi SagaOttawa,

I use cmeg broker.  I tried those scripts , they works fine in buying partial and selling partial " only if  short available ".

If stock is not shortable script doesnt work. 

I tried this script ; 

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=BID-0.05;Price=Round2;Share=Pos*.25;TIF=DAY;SELL=Send

It works , but cancel my original stope .  I removed " CXL ALLSYMB " , so it doesnt cancel my original stop , but it doesnt work at all ??

Thanks .

Hi Fahad,

I think we aren't on the same page with what I was answering:

These scripts were for taking partials off the current position you are already holding. So you should not have any issue about short being available as you are holding the stock. Your original question was how to take a partial was it not? To do this I would assume you have to have a position?

Hope this helps