erichvonkloss

Das Trader Pro and negative unrealized

Newbie. 

using Das Trader Pro through IB. When I buy or short sell either at market or say +.05, most of the time my unrealized profit drops far in the negative, sometimes by as much as $100, and then I struggle to climb back up if at all.

ideas as to why?

Are you checking the spread? I know that happens if you're trading a stock with a wide spread between the bid and asking price.

https://bearbulltraders.com/course/foundation/lesson/orders-level-2-candlesticks-price-action-and-trade-management/

When you're signed into the BBT website, follow this link. It's a video lesson given by Andrew discussing this. Fast forward to 24:10 of the video.

Edited by Kenneth Armenta

Well from what I learned at BBT, is to steer clear from stocks with wide spreads. If I saw a strong support or resistance level, I might place a limit order at that level's price, but with a wide spread I wouldn't even touch it. 

Edited by Kenneth Armenta