Sign in to follow this  
Marek

Navigating between Trade Ideas Scanners and DAS Trader Software

I have Andrews scanners loaded so that worked great. Thanks to Andrew and the team BBT that's made this possible!

The other challenge seems to be getting tickers/info from TI into DAS. Manually typing each and every time you want to check price action on a stock that hits various scanners is cumbersome. How do other folks using TI/DAS go about this.

Happy Trading!

Marek

You can copy symbols from Trade Ideas into the DAS Market Viewer via copy/paste. This is useful for dumping the Gappers Watch List every morning.

To link symbols in TI with a DAS Montage, from TI go to Tools > External Linking. Click Add Link and follow the on-screen instructions. Keep the two boxes unchecked and don't select any rules. Click OK.

Nf4Es1D.png

It should look like this if successful.

iCq6zAH.png

Close the External Linking window and test it out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Robert. What does linking those symbols do for you? What does it look like and how does it react? Thanks.

Monk, when I click a symbol in TI, it will automatically enter that stock into the Montage. Then DAS will load the chart for that stock since charts are anchored to Montage.

It's basically acting like a watch list.

I figured out the external linking from TI to DAS, thanks Robert for helping out there.

I signed up for the 5-day premium "Testdrive" of TI but honestly have to admit I didn't use it much. Are there folks here that use premium features a bit more and if they could elaborate on things they like (or don't about TI Premium vs. Standard)?

TI is running a promotion now but I really have no good reason to spend the additional 1K on addtional trading s/w right now. I am already spending on the order of $300 per month between regular TI, BBT subscription, Tradervue (journal & stats analysis s/w) as well as DAS and would need a few good reasons to justify the additional cost.