Bailey Nevener

Youtube Video Journal - See the Progress + Profit/Loss!

Posted (edited)

Got an early start at 04:25 market time.  Will trade at the open later.

image.png.cef6464b17f53a39408115757ba85c1f.png

That puts me at 693.49 on the week, which is basically 14R.

I might just trade small this morning.

image.png.2f81cb5f0a8aeb5d1e0e84081142f3ee.png

1. Date 
    • March 26, 2021
  2. Status (Live/Sim) 
    • Live 
  3. Net P&L
    • $370.30
  4. Quality of Life (Kept Short)
    • Bedtime: 2:00 a.m. / 5:45 a.m.
  5.  Direct Questions
    • What did I do well?
      • I kept my directional bias in mind and didn't let myself get into trades (after getting messed up short at the open against my will) until I had a confirmation they were bidding over a particular price.
        • AKA I wasn't entering early (after the emotionally difficult open) 
      • I got out at HOD basically because of the classic cycle through that happens on T&S when pullbacks happen. 
        • I also correctly mentioned the area where one should consider taking a significant portion of their position (where a lower high was made) and then add back on through HOD if it ends up working.
      • I didn't get re-involved after making it past goal amount.
    • What could I have done better?
      • I could have not have my buying power restricted to 1/4!!  AHHHHHHH
    • Is the performance pressure I feel increasing or decreasing?
      • Decreasing, today went well.  I am going to make sure that I stay on top of my stock selection going into the next week.  
        • Increasing pickiness with the 60 minute range breaks.
        • I need to be careful not to bet on reversals from LOD too much because that is an amazing quality of stocks at All time highs and Hype stocks.
          • Stick to the regular range break strategy etc..
    • Is the current way I am trading going to lead to long term success?
      • Yes, need to get better sleep and I need to get more buying power!

** As a separate note I am very fortunate to have the ability to talk to people while I am trading. **

** It really keeps my brain turned on regardless of the pressure to perform. **

Weekly Review

image.png.dcbe590a05f947f291cf8adda833a34c.png

RISK MANAGEMENT

Risk per trade (RPT):  $50

Daily Goal: $250

Max Loss : $250

Ratio:  50 : 250 : 250  or  1 : 5 : 5

Edited by Bailey Nevener
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Best week in terms of green to red day ratio I've ever had.

It must be the streaming that is keeping my real-time decision making accountability up.

Edited by Bailey Nevener

13 hours ago, Bailey Nevener said:

Got an early start at 04:25 market time.  Will trade at the open later.

image.png.cef6464b17f53a39408115757ba85c1f.png

That puts me at 693.49 on the week, which is basically 14R.

I might just trade small this morning.

image.png.2f81cb5f0a8aeb5d1e0e84081142f3ee.png

1. Date 
    • March 26, 2021
  2. Status (Live/Sim) 
    • Live 
  3. Net P&L
    • $370.30
  4. Quality of Life (Kept Short)
    • Bedtime: 2:00 a.m. / 5:45 a.m.
  5.  Direct Questions
    • What did I do well?
      • I kept my directional bias in mind and didn't let myself get into trades (after getting messed up short at the open against my will) until I had a confirmation they were bidding over a particular price.
        • AKA I wasn't entering early (after the emotionally difficult open) 
      • I got out at HOD basically because of the classic cycle through that happens on T&S when pullbacks happen. 
        • I also correctly mentioned the area where one should consider taking a significant portion of their position (where a lower high was made) and then add back on through HOD if it ends up working.
      • I didn't get re-involved after making it past goal amount.
    • What could I have done better?
      • I could have not have my buying power restricted to 1/4!!  AHHHHHHH
    • Is the performance pressure I feel increasing or decreasing?
      • Decreasing, today went well.  I am going to make sure that I stay on top of my stock selection going into the next week.  
        • Increasing pickiness with the 60 minute range breaks.
        • I need to be careful not to bet on reversals from LOD too much because that is an amazing quality of stocks at All time highs and Hype stocks.
          • Stick to the regular range break strategy etc..
    • Is the current way I am trading going to lead to long term success?
      • Yes, need to get better sleep and I need to get more buying power!

** As a separate note I am very fortunate to have the ability to talk to people while I am trading. **

** It really keeps my brain turned on regardless of the pressure to perform. **

Weekly Review

image.png.dcbe590a05f947f291cf8adda833a34c.png

RISK MANAGEMENT

Risk per trade (RPT):  $50

Daily Goal: $250

Max Loss : $250

Ratio:  50 : 250 : 250  or  1 : 5 : 5

Wow, that was quite a week.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rob C said:

Wow, that was quite a week.

I know!  We might actually make it this time lol!

I had a couple close calls, like on Wednesday and today, so I have to make sure that I stay on top of my mistakes.

I'm due for a red day though lol I feel it.

My main focus right now is to try to stay on top of my 'bad' trades (impulsive 1 minute entries etc...)

because I found out that was actually the main thing giving me red/breakeven days.

My edge is pretty much dependent on being able to add, add, and add some more based on the price action.  I move my average and stop fluidly to stick in trades.

And since my Interactive Brokers account balance was so close to 25k for the past month and prior, it actually really degraded my consistency.

It seems that 35k is probably as low as I can handle with that 2400 DBX position.

What about your trading?

Hey Baily,

I was having a good week until today. My mental state wasn't that great so I probably shouldn't have traded. I wisely shut my DAS platform down after three stop outs (two in equities). I stuck it out a bit longer on Futures and made up some ground. The good news is I usually end winning streaks with huge losses. Usually max loss day after day. So to end this winning streak with a -1.8R day is pretty awesome!

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 8:47 PM, Rob C said:

Hey Baily,

I was having a good week until today. My mental state wasn't that great so I probably shouldn't have traded. I wisely shut my DAS platform down after three stop outs (two in equities). I stuck it out a bit longer on Futures and made up some ground. The good news is I usually end winning streaks with huge losses. Usually max loss day after day. So to end this winning streak with a -1.8R day is pretty awesome!

Wow great job shutting it off after you hit your max number of trades losable.  That's tough after a green streak.  I was scared for that on Friday lol!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Hey guys I had a trading day where I started trading at 1:00 a.m. after studying calculus all night and I didn’t stop trading until 11:00 a.m. and I was down $7,000.  

I had an amazing green month up to that point and blew it all up at once.

I use to have risk controls that stopped me out at $-250 loss, but unfortunately since I had the open DBX position I didn’t want to get automatically stopped out.  Therefore I disabled them.  

I decided I would wait until PCT started and just use the consistency I garnered the last 3 months and take it into a funded account by them.  It should be easier since my buying power won’t be restricted by my DBX position and emotionally I won’t be risking my own money.  

After I close out my DBX position in the future I will re enable my risk controls and make money from there.  Until then I’m just mentally recouping from that massive drawdown.  

Thanks for reading fellas!

Edited by Bailey Nevener

I am going to be able to trade that morning because the reservation is at 12:15 pm.  We are in business!

Posted (edited)

Well it looks like the DAS setup starts on the 6th, so I guess I'm not going to be trading until Wednesday.

Edited by Bailey Nevener

Okay that break was about 45 days.

It was very emotional at its inception, but now its almost over. 

Tomorrow I should be able to set up a DAS account and get back into the groove of things.

That means going over hotbuttons and rehashing my strategy.

I am going to be uploading everything through a stream just like last time.

Let's see how it goes!