Bailey Nevener

Youtube Video Journal - See the Progress + Profit/Loss!

image.png.553bab8d596cf5ee18767a304cfb44df.png 

1. Date 
    • January 19, 2021
  2. Status (Live/Sim) 
    • Sim
  3. Net P&L (w/ECN Fees)
  4. Current Equity
    • N/A
  5. Quality of Life (Kept Short)
    • Bedtime: 4:00 a.m. / Awake 6:00 a.m.
Edited by Bailey Nevener

image.png.bf174c7fb12b2ac0da7c2867ef1f04a2.png

1. Date 
    • January 20, 2021
  2. Status (Live/Sim) 
    • Sim
  3. Net P&L (w/ECN Fees)
  4. Current Equity
    • N/A
    • Bedtime: 12:00a.m.
  6.  Direct Questions
    • Did I wait through the first minute?
      • No.  $GME
    • What did I do well?
      • I didn't cancel my stops when I placed them.
    • What could I have done better?
      • I could have placed my stops further away since today's stocks in play had very questionable Time and Sales speeds.
    • Is the performance pressure I feel increasing or decreasing?
      • Decreasing a ton, I am investing in DBX to finish off my debt.
    • Is the current way I am trading going to lead to long term success?
      • No.  I need to really figure out how to 'stay out' of a stock if I don't feel like they are trading optimally.
    • What can I improve about my process?
      • Verbally talk through my trading day.  Not sure when I will be in the right setup to do that.
Edited by Bailey Nevener

image.png.82fc58cf3cba7f6f028ca4471b46c564.png

1. Date 
    • January 26, 2021
  2. Status (Live/Sim) 
    • Sim
  3. Net P&L (w/ECN Fees)
  4. Current Equity
    • N/A
    • Bedtime: 1:00 a.m. / Awake 6:00 a.m.

Edited by Bailey Nevener

image.png.a67b500323f29a64c81c643cf0cbea35.png

1. Date 
    • January 27, 2021
  2. Status (Live/Sim) 
    • Sim
  3. Net P&L (w/ECN Fees)
  4. Current Equity
    • N/A
    • Bedtime: 12:00 a.m. / Awake 6:00 a.m.
Edited by Bailey Nevener

image.png.8d9726b7dcc76aa49844a314ffd89963.png

1. Date 
    • February 03, 2021
  2. Status (Live/Sim) 
    • Sim
  3. Net P&L (w/ECN Fees)
  4. Current Equity
    • N/A
    • Bedtime: 1:00 a.m. / Awake 5:30 a.m.
Edited by Bailey Nevener

Nice! Putting in the work. I'm building up my confidence to start one of these video journals in the next month.

I had a couple of thoughts while watching your vid:

• I like how you quickly set up your levels of interest (the purple lines). And the color choice is A+, as they're easy to spot on your charts.
  • In lieu of getting another screen, have you tried using the virtual desktop feature? On windows, you can create one by pressing [win + ctrl + D]. And then you can quickly toggle between them using [wing + ctrl + left/right arrows]
  • How exactly do you use the ATR(1) and ATR(14)?
  • I really like your hotkeys. I've got to sit down and configure my hotkeys/scripts. 

Thanks for the inspiration!

23 hours ago, Wayne said:

Nice! Putting in the work. I'm building up my confidence to start one of these video journals in the next month.

I had a couple of thoughts while watching your vid:

• I like how you quickly set up your levels of interest (the purple lines). And the color choice is A+, as they're easy to spot on your charts.
  • In lieu of getting another screen, have you tried using the virtual desktop feature? On windows, you can create one by pressing [win + ctrl + D]. And then you can quickly toggle between them using [wing + ctrl + left/right arrows]
  • How exactly do you use the ATR(1) and ATR(14)?
  • I really like your hotkeys. I've got to sit down and configure my hotkeys/scripts. 

Thanks for the inspiration!

WAYNE MY MAN!

Thank you for the tip about the virtual desktop! 

I think I might be using that a lot!  Hopefully it doesn't interfere with the recording.

I went to your YouTube channel and saw you did some vlogs of a coding boot camp.

I am actually going to college for Computer Science right now (Just got out of the Navy) because FAANG makes bank!

(I see rumors of your current job, but I'll leave that off of BBT)  Happy for you!

I like your bullet points, so allow me to address them 1-by-1.

I like how you quickly set up your levels of interest (the purple lines). And the color choice is A+, as they're easy to spot on your charts.

1.  Amen.  I only can take 1 distracting thing on my chart, and the daily levels make the most sense to me! 

(Sadly, my layout colors and patterns drastically affects how well I pay attention to detail. =P)

In lieu of getting another screen, have you tried using the virtual desktop feature? On windows, you can create one by pressing [win + ctrl + D]. And then you can quickly toggle between them using [wing + ctrl + left/right arrows]

2. I am like 90% sure I am going to try this windows desktop feature, it is legit! 

Without the toggling hotkey it wouldn't be half as effective, so thanks!

How exactly do you use the ATR(1) and ATR(14)?

3. Dude, this was my hack!  I told someone about it in chat and now I am seeing it everywhere.

(Just how I use a separate chart to see ATR, obviously a lot of people know to use ATR)

It's important to know the Average True Range because if you are about to take an ORB or even a Trend Trade,

you need to know if you are 'asking too much' from a stock.

For example, you may see that something is setting up, visually, as a perfect ABCD pattern.

If the ATR of the past 14 days is $4, and you see that the current day's range is $1, then you should be super excited because the stock you are looking at can easily SUSTAIN a run in that direction.

Actually, I traded $GME today and one of the main reasons I held to a profit target $20 away is because the ATR(14) was like $98, so I knew I was crazy to cover all in the first $10.

Now why I have a box dedicated to it ATR:

So basically the user watchlist doesn't have an option to show 'Average True Range' in a column.

Therefore I:

• made a new chart,
  • linked it to the montage
  • added the study ATR(1) - current day's range
  • added the study ATR(14) - stock's normal range

I found it was super annoying to do it any other way, so I came up with this!

I really like your hotkeys. I've got to sit down and configure my hotkeys/scripts. 

4. If you have any questions or want my desktop setup from me directly, email me at nevenergonnamakeit@gmail.com!

My hotkey setup and chart are finely tuned from lots of trial and error, so when you finally become profitable don't leave me behind!

Edited by Bailey Nevener
  • Like 1

image.png.4ddc6aa833d23f52320863065d49bf6e.png

1. Date 
    • February 4, 2021
  2. Status (Live/Sim) 
    • Sim / Live
  3. Net P&L (w/ECN Fees)
    • +276.38 Sim / +494.72 Live
  4. Current Equity
    • Somewhere above 25k
    • Bedtime: 1:00a.m. / Awake 5:45 a.m.
  6.  Direct Questions
    • What did I do well?
      • I allowed my winner to run on GME (sort of)
      • I placed my stop a generous distance away at the open
      • I could have held a considerably larger amount of my position on GME short because the ATR had room and it is a pump and dump basically.
      • Yes.  Going to try to keep in mind my lessons from yesterday though, direction bias at range breaks etc...
    • What can I improve about my process?
      • Verbally talk through my trading day.  Not sure when I will be in the right setup to do that.  (GF sleeping next to me in here)
Edited by Bailey Nevener

13 hours ago, Bailey Nevener said:

4. If you have any questions or want my desktop setup from me directly, email me at nevenergonnamakeit@gmail.com!

You know what, I think I will hit you up! While I'll probably be okay building up my workspace from scratch, I've been thinking about finding someone to actually talk trading-shop with. And of course, if you have any questions about getting the 💰 from software, I love talking about that game.

Sounds good!  
I woke up at 6:31 a.m. this morning, so no trades.  I have learned from experience that it hurts more than it helps way more often than not.  Bummer.

(Don't mind the Short Calls, I was trying to learn how to use them in DAS)

I haven't been day trading due to holding this position in DBX, but I just setup a new office that might offset my split focus.

image.png.03d9dcf7ff6d8b19ce27d0a9a4dabee8.png

1. Date 
    • February 16, 2021
  2. Status (Live/Sim) 
    • Live
  3. Net P&L (w/ECN Fees)
    • +203.15
  4. Current Equity
    • Somewhere above 25k
    • Bedtime: 10:00 p.m. / 6:00 a.m.
  6.  Direct Questions
    • What did I do well?
      • I took my profits at what I thought would be the apex of the most SURE profit area.  (Yesterday's High)
      • I could have waited until market open to play a stock that wasn't trading so trash-like.
      • No, I am unable to use hard stops premarket, so it is almost inevitable that I will experience a big loss for no reason if I continue this.
Edited by Bailey Nevener

(I forgot to show closed positions!)

image.png.049a44978903f9dbdf0a988e8dc265dd.png

1. Date 
    • February 18, 2021
  2. Status (Live/Sim) 
    • Live
  3. Net P&L (w/ECN Fees)
    • +264.51
  4. Current Equity
    • Somewhere above 25k
    • Bedtime: 10:00 p.m. / 6:00 a.m.
  6.  Direct Questions
    • What did I do well?
      • I was flexible with my bias on on the day direction.  I thought that PLTR was going to continue short because the T&S was really hitting the bid consistently.  However, I took a mental note of our distance from VWAP, so I was completely prepared for the pop long which worked very nice.
      • I could have SOMEHOW gotten executed PROPERLY short and then taken profits when I would have been up 3R short.  I don't know what to do about this, but my guess is that I was rejected for buying power for some reason.
      • Yes.  However, I can't afford averaging down like I did today every time when I was executed incorrectly because there won't always be a massive squeeze to save me.
Edited by Bailey Nevener
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

image.png.2af63f0b648c54d8e502e5461ad233ba.png

1. Date 
    • March 1, 2021
  2. Status (Live/Sim) 
    • Sim (It's going to be Sim until PCT is over basically)
  3. Net P&L (w/ECN Fees)
    • +278.02
  4. Current Equity
    • Sim Equity
      • $25,278.02
    • Bedtime: 11:30 p.m. / 6:00 a.m.
  6.  Direct Questions
    • What did I do well?
      • I gave my trades a decent amount of time to work out while trying to actively refresh my feel of the T&S.
        • AKA I was trying to learn.
      • I could have taken more profits when I say decreasing momentum, so I could put my 0.25R stop further away and added back through the highs.  
        • AKA I got stopped out because I wasn't dynamically moving my stop below the original placement.
      • I should not have shorted the "double top" on NIO because it was at the top of its 60 minute range.  I only saw momentary weakness from the highs. 
        • That's an observation, not a trade idea.  A trade idea needs promise of "follow through" to a profit target.
      • Increasing a little, I am trying to get my account equity up 5k before going to PCT in April.
      • No.  I need to make sure that I am not relying too heavily on adds etc... because I have found in a live account IBKR has way too many arbitrary margin restrictions for a 25k account to handle.
Edited by Bailey Nevener

Posted (edited)

image.png.8540919dc2f80a1f25218481373f4114.png

1. Date 
    • March 2, 2021
  2. Status (Live/Sim) 
  3. Net P&L (w/ECN Fees)
    • +62.58
  4. Current Equity
    • Sim Equity
      • $25,340.60
    • Bedtime: 11:30 p.m. / 6:00 a.m.
  6.  Direct Questions
    • What did I do well?
      • I stopped at my last trade even when I hadn't hit my goal.
      • I could have accepted that everything was moving on 'sub par' volume and therefore not force a trade.
      • Staying steady.  I have plenty of time before PCT, but I am trying to increase forms of accountability like live streaming with commentary to be sure I am thinking at the desk.
      • Yes.  As long as I can curb these poorer trades and review my good trades I see a smooth equity curve in my future.
Edited by Bailey Nevener

Posted (edited)

image.png.d9f7b7c5eea2de73a166e55f6fcee676.png

1. Date 
    • March 3, 2021
  2. Status (Live/Sim) 
  3. Net P&L (w/ECN Fees)
  4. Current Equity
    • Sim Equity
      • $25,147.45
    • Bedtime: 12:00 p.m. / 6:00 a.m.
  6.  Direct Questions
    • What did I do well?
      • I treaded water with the insane chop that lasted for the first 30 minutes without stopping out on the day.
        • I ended up stopping out though near the end.  I started taking ridiculous HOD trades like Andrew.
      • I could have realized that I was watching several correlated names (sector) and avoided the choppy environment by finding other stocks in play premarket.
      • I could have also made sure that my risk controls were already activated, but at least they are now.
      • I also could have reread my guidelines and marked the 60 minute ranges that I was planning on entering upon their breaks with epic pen.
        • I kept waiting for the 5 minute charts to show some follow through, but they ended up destroying me anyway.
        • I couldn't find a stock moving with the T&S speed I like at all!
      • Staying steady.  Currently livestreaming my trading days, so the accountability is up.  
        • Just need to continue to stay focused and try to get a little better each day.
        • I need a plan to deal with chop on the 5 minute. 
          • A plan would be to probably better to set a limit on total trades for a symbol and stick to it.
      • As long as I am able to keep my eye on not being too sector dependent and keep my risk controls in place I shouldn't have a problem.
Edited by Bailey Nevener