JohnC

Potential no PDT rule for IB uk/eu clients

On 1/26/2021 at 6:20 PM, Ville said:

After I deposited a small amount (10 euros) the account started to show correctly again the buying power, which is now about 6.6x.

• Like 1

Hi . i am trying to contact IB EU through telephone live chat etc. . and I cant . I have a really important question .Guys i want to open a margin account with IB Europe and i want to deposit 6000$ in order to day trade. The problem is that i cant find any answer because everyone says different thinks. can i day trade with IB Europe with 6000$ am i submitted to the PDT rule is there any rule that Interactive brokers Europe that says you can not take as many trades as you wish ?

peterb please let me know ,is there any rule that come from IB not the PDT rule that says that you can not take as many trades as you wish having less than 10k or 25k in the account in a day? there is not something like that right? i know that the minimum deposit is 2k 

Edited by Stavros Vasilakis

So i am trying to open an account with IB EU and there is a topic that says you must have 40k annual income and 20k of liquid  net worth do i  check that even if   i don't ?cause i mean how many people has this. i mean from all videos i have seen they all check much higher earnings 

Edited by Stavros Vasilakis

On 2/12/2021 at 9:18 AM, Stavros Vasilakis said:

So i am trying to open an account with IB EU and there is a topic that says you must have 40k annual income and 20k of liquid  net worth do i  check that even if   i don't ?cause i mean how many people has this. i mean from all videos i have seen they all check much higher earnings 

Hi Stavros,

I am trying to open an account with IB, I am trading from the UK and having trouble with the application. Did you manage to finish the Interactive Brokers application in the end? Also, I keep getting a message saying 'your net worth cannot be larger than Total assets'. I haven't written anything about my total assets, so I am not sure what I am entering incorrectly?? If anyone has had this issue any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Dexter

image.thumb.png.4c3a1d2140701870620936249acba483.png

Edited by Dexter177

as i see the problem is that you say that you make 35-50k each year but your net worth is lower. that's not logical I mean the net worth is all the real estate you may have the investments etc. those logically can not be lower than your annual income 

On 1/20/2021 at 8:56 AM, peterB said:

so my account has been migrated from IBUK to IBIE and the PDT limits are gone. I will test it later today and post. Anyway my buying power is twice the size i had in IBUK too.

Be aware that the protections of your account is also very lower. only 20k is protected. it was 500k in IBUK.

edit: so no PDT for EU citizens. yay!

The 20K protection is in $ or € ?