Sign in to follow this  
Monk

Does Andrew have a 1000p Hot Key setup?

Does Andrew have a 1000p Hot Key setup? Or is he entering that position manually on the Montage Order Window? Thank you.

Hotkey. Andrew doesn't enter things manually into the Montage (as you can see from his very minimalist Montage window).

Personally, I use 1000 as my default share size. I set up the left/right arrow keys to halve/double the shares, respectively. I set up the up/down arrow keys to add/subtract 100 shares, respectively. This allows for quick adjustment before entering a position.

Others are using a hotkey which automatically selects share size based on buying power.

Thank you Robert. For clarification, do you use a "Shift +" hot key for a Buy or a Short?

Or when you say you use "1000 as my default share size" do you mean you have that set in your Montage Order Position field and you Select one of the colored keys to Buy or Short?

Thanks.

Robert. Also, would you have the code for the arrow keys?

Also, do you know how to change the default share size in the montage?

Thanks.

Monk, I use the keyboard hotkeys, not the buttons in the Montage. My default is set to 1,000 and I use the arrow keys to adjust the order before executing an order (SHIFT+X). I believe you can use the code for a hot button as well. It's worth a shot:

Name | KEY: Command

Halve | KeyLeft: Share=Share/2

Double | KeyRight: Share=Share*2

-100 | KeyDown: Share=Share-100

+100 | KeyUp: Share=Share+100

To change default order size, go to Setup > Order Templates. For Q--Nasdaq, enter the default shares. Click Apply. Select N--NYSE and set the default share size. Click Apply again, then Quit. This sets your global default.

For each Montage that you want to use the global default, right-lick the bottom area and select Order Template. There is a check mark for 'Use Global Default'. This will link that montage to the global setting you set above.