Jason H.

Hotkey and StreamDeck webinar

I've had a few people reach out asking for tips and training to set up their hotkeys and StreamDeck for day trading. Rather than continue one-off calls, is there any interest in me putting on a webinar for the community? 

Topics would include:

• HotKey set-up for efficiency and minimizing cognitive load
  • Configuring StreamDeck to optimize efficiency and minimize potential HotKey errors
  • Contingency plans for device and internet failures

Please let me know if you're interested!

A little about me: I'm a part-time day trader and full time Director of User Experience. I've spent most of my career optimizing complex systems to make them easier to learn and use. I've developed design principles to guide other UX designers, and I have successfully applied those same design principles to learning trading.

Definitely, May I also suggest to cover (in brief) any alternatives to SteamDeck?

Great idea...also promote that ur mobile phone can be a stream deck device....the software runs on Iphone/android.

More info on Elgato website.

Both great suggestions! I'll get those added in. Stay tuned, I need to figure out when is a good time. 

Jason

Great Idea for a webinar, please also give an introduction into icon design for stream deck

Would be awesome if you could do a webinar on this

Edited by Joerg

You folks checked out vids on YouTube with basic training:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYKT06cEx_c

and 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MLi--03l2M

The elgato web site has the online tools for creation of custom keys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vam5qz2Uw7o

Advanced UX design would be Jason H area, he is the SME in design.

Edited by Alastair

I’m excited there’s interest! I’ll put a webinar together and either post a Google meet link or ping the admins and see if they want to use the BBT webinar. Give me a few days t get it together.

Hi all,

I've been in contact with the BBT team. Look for a webinar to be scheduled soon!

Edited by Jason H.

Does anyone know if this ever happened? Would love to watch it if yes, but can't find a link. Or, if not, if there is a similar resource out there.  My Stream Deck just arrived and I'm jonesing to set it up a-la BBT style. Thanks! db