Hey everyone,

After almost a year of using Trader Work Station, I'm trying out DAS.  The two major benefits I see are the risk management hotkeys and less computing power (my TWS has been freezing).

There are things in TWS that I will miss like chart trader, seeing commissions and easily identify which stocks are shortable.  I have a couple questions..

1) Does anyone know if you can add a column in your watchlist that identifies shortable or not? See attached photo with the light / dark green column on the right.

1036903520_2020-08-1308_26_18.jpg.02c663b8b054d160bdfaa580f2e237fc.jpg

2) Does anyone have a hotkey where you can double click the chart in DAS and then sell partial with limit order like 1/4 position?  I'm sure it's easy to create but I use this method to quickly set my targets.  Most of the ones I found are selling 1/4 position with market order.

3) when using Interactive Brokers, can you still trade or close positions using the IB mobile app if necessary?

Thanks in advance,

Dustin

Edited by Dustin Dunn
Added question

Hi Dustin,

DAS is fantastic, and once you get the hang of it, I think you'll love it.

I'll try to answer your questions:

1. I'm not aware of a way to get a distinction in the watchlist between Shortable and non-shortable stocks. You can easily see if a stock is shortable on the Level 1. (see pic).

edit: One thing I used to do, was have a empty line separator in my watchlist between Stocks where I can either Long or Short, and those which are not shortable.

shortable.PNG.9fa95cda5ba1d22209ddeed213b8dbe3.PNG

2. This is a hotkey script I would use: CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=BID-0.01;Price=Round2;Share=Pos*.25;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=AvgCost;Share=Pos-share;TIF=DAY+;SELL=SEND

It cancels any orders currently in place, then sells 25% of my position at LIMIT Bid price up to 0.01 of the Bid. Then it sets a new Stop Loss at Break Even.

3. I don't use IB, But I believe so. Best to be answered by someone who can definitively confirm.

Hope that help.

Edited by CliffG

44 minutes ago, CliffG said:

Hi Dustin,

DAS is fantastic, and once you get the hang of it, I think you'll love it.

I'll try to answer your questions:

1. I'm not aware of a way to get a distinction in the watchlist between Shortable and non-shortable stocks. You can easily see if a stock is shortable on the Level 1. (see pic).

edit: One thing I used to do, was have a empty line separator in my watchlist between Stocks where I can either Long or Short, and those which are not shortable.

shortable.PNG.9fa95cda5ba1d22209ddeed213b8dbe3.PNG

2. This is a hotkey script I would use: CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=BID-0.01;Price=Round2;Share=Pos*.25;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=AvgCost;Share=Pos-share;TIF=DAY+;SELL=SEND

It cancels any orders currently in place, then sells 25% of my position at LIMIT Bid price up to 0.01 of the Bid. Then it sets a new Stop Loss at Break Even.

3. I don't use IB, But I believe so. Best to be answered by someone who can definitively confirm.

Hope that help.

Cliff,

Thanks so much for the response!  I look forward to learning DAS.