DP

DAS Trader Pro will work with TD Ameritrade (Aug 2020)?

On 2/5/2023 at 7:59 AM, Dasc said:

How are your limit fills and do you notice any lag issues or orders floating with TDA on DAS?

How are your limit fills and do you notice any lag issues or orders floating with TDA on DAS?

I have had issues with kyle's hot key script with DAS on TD. The mouse click doesn't always configure the correct price in the montage. This can be resolved by looking at the price in the limit to see it matches the double click of the mouse of the chart. But during the middle of my trades,  I might not be focused on the mechanics of the trade itself, and  just the price action. This has cost me quite a bit of money. On IB with DAs, this was rarely an issue. So,, what i have done is moved away from using kyle's hot key, and created few hot buttons that buys fixed sizes with a fixed risk stop. No more mouse click on the chart, but just on the montage hot buttons. I have tested those out today, and it is working as they should. But for the low to almost zero cost to trade on TD, we'll see if it is worth it. But IB def has faster feel, and less issues. But once I have things setup with DAs, and not have the cost of brokerage fees, it should all work out. But if money is no issue(ie brokerage fee), then I would use IB without a second thought. I was avg $50 from IB fees. About 1k per month, just fyi. I am not a big trader, so 1k is quite big for my bottom line. If Bookmap had better risk control, I would go with them, but they don't.

6 minutes ago, noob said:

I have had issues with kyle's hot key script with DAS on TD. The mouse click doesn't always configure the correct price in the montage. This can be resolved by looking at the price in the limit to see it matches the double click of the mouse of the chart. But during the middle of my trades,  I might not be focused on the mechanics of the trade itself, and  just the price action. This has cost me quite a bit of money. On IB with DAs, this was rarely an issue. So,, what i have done is moved away from using kyle's hot key, and created few hot buttons that buys fixed sizes with a fixed risk stop. No more mouse click on the chart, but just on the montage hot buttons. I have tested those out today, and it is working as they should. But for the low to almost zero cost to trade on TD, we'll see if it is worth it. But IB def has faster feel, and less issues. But once I have things setup with DAs, and not have the cost of brokerage fees, it should all work out. But if money is no issue(ie brokerage fee), then I would use IB without a second thought. I was avg $50 from IB fees. About 1k per month, just fyi. I am not a big trader, so 1k is quite big for my bottom line. If Bookmap had better risk control, I would go with them, but they don't.

Thank you for this information. Did you use DAS with IB?

33 minutes ago, Dasc said:

Thank you for this information. Did you use DAS with IB?

yes, I still have it. I am trying TD for the first time this year in feb.

I assume you can use the same scripts you created for DAS on IB and eliminate the chart click for fixed risk if you decide to go back?