DP

DAS Trader Pro will work with TD Ameritrade (Aug 2020)?

19 minutes ago, peterB said:

i am using CMEG and i believe you misunderstood it

if you put the cancel in your partial hotkey that is exactly what you want and what you need to do

you can do replace order too if you like but that would mean that you will need to replace before you partial so you could partial the exact amount you have no order for.

we all do it the way that we cancel the original stop and partial and set the stop loss again. all in one hotkey so no issues at all with that

Hi PeterB, I guess I am different in that I like to partial and keep my existing stop order. I then click my existing stop order, hit position button to update the qty and hit replace. This is just easier for me. Also, I would rather have some stop in place even if it's not the correct amount in case there is some volatile movement while I am updating my stop to the correct numbers. If it fills me the opposite direction, that's not a problem for me since I will only be reversed by the amount of my partial until I replace it. 

I would need a partial hotkey that knows where my original stop was. I haven't been able to figure that part out, but open to suggestions. Thanks! 

48 minutes ago, peterB said:

i just explained to you why it is not possible. it has nothing to do with broker. it is logical problem. you cannot sell something you do not have because you have already an order in the queue so your position size is virtually 0. you need to adapt as your way is just irationaly in conflict with the way how orders are being processed

regarding the partial hotkey that knows your original stop, i believe it is not possible to store such variable for later use therefore you would need to use a separate hotkey to setup the desired stop loss with your current position size

Sorry not purposefully trying to argue with you, but it definitely has to do with my broker. When I was with DAS IB, they did not restrict a person from closing all or part of a position when a stop order is open...no matter if it is illogical or not. When the stop order triggers for an amount greater than the current position, it would essentially be flipping the position...which should be allowed. I am only giving my comments in case anyone else may be affected since it was a shock to me at first when I switched. I was trying to partial and DAS AMTD would not allow something that DAS IB allows. Just want to let people know so that anyone that wants to be illogical can avoid the tiny panic I had trying to get out of a position.

I believe this also means that if a person wants to put a bunch of target limit orders out there, they have to put OCO or range orders for each one, instead of one sided limit orders....also annoying. 

For me, I prefer the freedom to create orders any way I like with IB. This is a noticeable difference from TD.  Anyway, the free commissions still make me stay with TD...for now.  

To add to my prior list of differences, I want to point out that the DAS AMTD platform has been freezing a bunch for me today and taking a bunch of my computer power. This delay was worse than the delays I had last week. Everything just stops for about a second and then continues like nothing happened most times I place/revise/cancel an order today. This did not happen when I was using DAS IB. If it continues for another week or improves significantly, I will inform this thread. (I have good internet connection, only Chrome and DAS open and have latest version of platform).

• Like 1

Hi All, Posting an update since I've had more time to use DAS with my TD Ameritrade account. 

My overall opinion that I like DAS with IB more, but I will continue using DAS with TD because commissions are free and the other differences are not big problems for me. DAS with IB seemed slightly faster and more stocks were shortable. 

Since there are no commissions, I have noticed that I have been taking more trades and partialing more. This is something I have to work on. Just be careful there are still some small fees and I believe some tickers may still have commission.).

Regarding the DAS TD platform freezing, I updated to the latest version and seems to be better. Part of the slowness might also be something wrong with my docking station so might not be all related to DAS TD. However, I have had a handful of times where my order was just hanging out there and my montage said something like "order send pending!" During maybe 1-2 seconds, I have no idea what price I will be filled and I haven't had luck canceling my order while it's in this state. This seems to happen more early in the day. I also think that there is still some slowness in showing the filled order in the chart. It does that thinking blue circle that flickers (windows), hangs for a split second then shows my trade triangle and stop order. 

Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

Hi Trinity, are you able to still use the paper trader feature of DAS linked to your TD account?

Thanks.

Hi,

I am new to BBT, I have a TD account and have been using onDemand in ToS, it is good but very limited as far as hotkeys go and seems to be slight lag in the charts, orders seem to be faster than TradeZero though.

After watching the the DAS with TDAmeritrade video here I emailed them and asked about activating direct routing on my account, this is their reply:

"Thank you for contacting the Trade Desk! To enable direct routing, you would need to navigate to Client Services> My Profile> General> Elections & routing and then select "Edit" next to "Direct routing". This will allow you to read and agree to the terms and conditions required to enable direct routing on your account. Once direct routing is enabled, you can select a destination for your orders from the "Routing" drop-down menu on the trade ticket. *Please note, direct routing may not give you the best possible price. When you direct an order to a specific market participant, you may receive an execution at a price different from the national best bid or offer. Similarly, the time to execute and report your trade may take longer than you might otherwise experience with TD Ameritrade. To view more information on how order routing works, please visit: https://www.tdameritrade.com/tools-and-platforms/order-execution.page"

So why would direct routes be slower than TD's internal/SMRT routes ? Thought going direct to the market maker was the fastest option.....

Thanks

This is stating that if you select a particular route rather than allowing TD Ameritrade’s smart routing algorithm to decide the fastest route for execution, that you may end up selecting a slower route than the best route currently available.

Therefore they are informing you that the route you have chosen might not be the best out of all of the routes and might take longer to execute than all of the available routes.  

Going direct to the market maker is the fastest, but that is assuming that you have selected the best market maker at that time you placed your order.

Now the question I also have now is, is there a difference between using TD Ameritrade's algorithm and having direct access?  

I have a feeling that is yes, but I don't know for sure.

Edited by Bailey Nevener
  • Like 1

ANOTHER UPDATE --- SOLVED MY PLATFORM DELAY ISSUE. WORKS GREAT!!!! 

So my issue with a few seconds delay between any order is finally fixed. In short, I installed the platform again on a completely different folder per recommendation from DAS. So I no longer have my platform freeze after every order or every time a pending order gets filled. It's a breath of fresh air....finally. 

Long story...my problem with seconds of delay freezing up my platform was feeling like it was getting worse....like 5 seconds where I can't do anything on my platform every time I place an order or when one gets filled. Finally I was playing around in SIM and Trade Replay and noticed the same thing happened, which is odd since it's just SIM and as far as I know, does NOT need any communication with TD. I had contacted DAS several times and tried all the usual things: updating platform, uninstall/reinstall, even changed my internet service provider for faster connection. Now that I made the connection of the delay happening in Trade Replay (I just recently signed up for replay), I knew it had to be my platform. I contacted DAS and they told me to reinstall in another folder and thankfully it now works as I hoped. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/30/2021 at 8:31 AM, Trinity said:

ANOTHER UPDATE --- SOLVED MY PLATFORM DELAY ISSUE. WORKS GREAT!!!! 

So my issue with a few seconds delay between any order is finally fixed. In short, I installed the platform again on a completely different folder per recommendation from DAS. So I no longer have my platform freeze after every order or every time a pending order gets filled. It's a breath of fresh air....finally. 

Long story...my problem with seconds of delay freezing up my platform was feeling like it was getting worse....like 5 seconds where I can't do anything on my platform every time I place an order or when one gets filled. Finally I was playing around in SIM and Trade Replay and noticed the same thing happened, which is odd since it's just SIM and as far as I know, does NOT need any communication with TD. I had contacted DAS several times and tried all the usual things: updating platform, uninstall/reinstall, even changed my internet service provider for faster connection. Now that I made the connection of the delay happening in Trade Replay (I just recently signed up for replay), I knew it had to be my platform. I contacted DAS and they told me to reinstall in another folder and thankfully it now works as I hoped. 

Hi Trinity, In summary and with a score of 1 to 10, how do you rate IBKR with DAS and how do you rate TD with DAS? Thank you

Edited by Oscar

update 2/2/2023. Few things did not work as intended. The partial and the stop would not go to b/e, and the amount differed. I had to adjust some of the arguments from "Shares" to "Pos" to correct the Quantity remained after the partial. I also had to change the stop price variable to "AvgCost." The two versions below, one places the stop at the original stop price, and leaves it there, with the adjust number of shares after the partial. Second one does the same, but moves the stop to b/e. I also modified the limit bid and ask amount from +/- 1 to +/- 3 to get the orders filled. It was missing the fills at times, unlike IB. But for free trades, it is worth the cost for now. I am small day trader, and don't require huge orders to be filled, so TD should be fine. but lost $50 on slippage on $TSLA today, due to an order not closing. Tweaking it a big.

Ver 1.4

## this adjust the correct number of shares, but leaves the b/e at the entry stop price, versus to b/e.

Sell 1/4

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=MARKET; ROUTE=LIMIT;Share=Pos*.25;Price=Bid-.01;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send; TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.1 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Sell 1/2

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=MARKET; ROUTE=LIMIT;Share=Pos*.5;Price=Bid-.01;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send; TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.1 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Buy 1/4

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=MARKET; ROUTE=LIMIT;Share=Pos*.25;Price=Bid-.01;TIF=DAY+;Buy=Send; TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.1 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Buy 1/4

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=MARKET; ROUTE=LIMIT;Share=Pos*.5;Price=Bid-.01;TIF=DAY+;Buy=Send; TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.1 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

============================

Ver 1.5

## this adjust the correct number of shares, places the stop @ b/e. 

Sell 1/4

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=MARKET; ROUTE=LIMIT;Share=Pos*.25;Price=Bid-.01;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send; TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.1 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:AvgCost QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;                       

Sell 1/2

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=MARKET; ROUTE=LIMIT;Share=Pos*.5;Price=Bid-.01;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send; TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.1 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:AvgCost QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;         

Buy 1/4

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=MARKET; ROUTE=LIMIT;Share=Pos*.25;Price=Bid-.01;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send; TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.1 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:AvgCost QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;   

Buy 1/4

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=MARKET; ROUTE=LIMIT;Share=Pos*.5;Price=Bid-.01;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send; TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.1 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:AvgCost QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;   

==========

Hi,

I have been tweaking my hot keys after making a move from IBKR to TD AM. As Trinity said, you have to modify the script to either limit or market. For IB, it was SMARTL or SMARTM.

With TD, it does not allow partial if you have a stop b/e. I modified my scripts, so now, it will remove the stop, take partial, and then replace the stop @ b/e. Here is my working script, enjoy.

=================Partial 25%===================

Clear order, sell 1/4, then stop b/e

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=MARKET; ROUTE=LIMIT;Share=Pos*.25;Price=Bid-.01;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send; TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.1 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Share TIF:DAY+;

Clear order, buy 1/4, then stop b/e

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=MARKET; ROUTE=LIMIT;Share=Pos*.25;Price=Ask+.01;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send; TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0.1 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Share TIF:DAY+;

=================Partial 50%===================

Clear order, sell 1/2, then stop b/e

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=MARKET; ROUTE=LIMIT;Share=Pos*.5;Price=Bid-.01;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send; TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.1 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Share TIF:DAY+;

Clear order, buy 1/2, then stop b/e

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=MARKET; ROUTE=LIMIT;Share=Pos*.5;Price=Ask+.01;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send; TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0.1 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Share TIF:DAY+;

==========

Buy $40

StopPrice=Price-0.01;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask-Price+0.01;SShare=40/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=Limit;Price= Ask+0.02;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=400;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.1 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Share TIF:DAY+;

Sell $40

StopPrice=Price+0.01;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Price-Bid+0.01;SShare=40/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=Limit;Price=Bid-0.02;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=400;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0.1 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Share TIF:DAY+;

Edited by noob
updating script, previous version did not work.
  • Like 1

Ver 1.4

## this adjust the correct number of shares, but leaves the b/e at the entry stop price, versus to b/e.

Sell 1/4

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=MARKET; ROUTE=LIMIT;Share=Pos*.25;Price=Bid-.01;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send; TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.1 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Sell 1/2

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=MARKET; ROUTE=LIMIT;Share=Pos*.5;Price=Bid-.01;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send; TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.1 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Buy 1/4

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=MARKET; ROUTE=LIMIT;Share=Pos*.25;Price=Bid-.01;TIF=DAY+;Buy=Send; TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.1 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Buy 1/4

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=MARKET; ROUTE=LIMIT;Share=Pos*.5;Price=Bid-.01;TIF=DAY+;Buy=Send; TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.1 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Ver 1.5

Sell 1/4

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=MARKET; ROUTE=LIMIT;Share=Pos*.25;Price=Bid-.01;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send; TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.1 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:AvgCost QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;                       

Sell 1/2

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=MARKET; ROUTE=LIMIT;Share=Pos*.5;Price=Bid-.01;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send; TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.1 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:AvgCost QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;         

Buy 1/4

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=MARKET; ROUTE=LIMIT;Share=Pos*.25;Price=Bid-.01;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send; TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.1 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:AvgCost QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;   

Buy 1/4

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=MARKET; ROUTE=LIMIT;Share=Pos*.5;Price=Bid-.01;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send; TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.1 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:AvgCost QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;   

On 2/2/2023 at 11:46 AM, noob said:

Ver 1.4

Sell 1/4

Sell 1/2

Buy 1/4

Buy 1/4

Ver 1.5

Sell 1/4

Sell 1/2

Buy 1/4

Buy 1/4

Have you tried direct routing with TD on DAS under ARCAL or INENTL?

No I have direct routing, but straight limit. No ARCAL or INENTL.

How are your limit fills and do you notice any lag issues or orders floating with TDA on DAS?

On 10/25/2021 at 8:53 PM, Oscar said:

Hi Trinity, In summary and with a score of 1 to 10, how do you rate IBKR with DAS and how do you rate TD with DAS? Thank you

8 hours ago, noob said:

No I have direct routing, but straight limit. No ARCAL or INENTL.

How are your limit fills and do you notice any lag issues or orders floating with TDA on DAS?