ecadaret

DAS Trader #1 Best Trader Competition July 2020

Hi all,

Looks like me and another BBT member are in the top 8 for this week! I don't know who else is participating, but I have had a rough week trading: DAS Trader crashing almost every hour multiple times in the morning session, Risk control pop up windows are CRAZY LARGE and block the entire screen and were VERY distracting (finally just turned them off since it made me take losses and I was locked out all day Tuesday when I could have made big $$$!), and the normal struggles when competing, but I am feeling really good now and totally ready to win this thing.

Looking at other traders results on this list, it looks like some of them are breaking the rules a bit so I am unsure if they actually enforce them. Either way, I plan to stick within the confines of the rules to practice my discipline.

Cheers to a successful week 1 and congrats to BEST422 who is also with BBT!

-Erik

July2020_1BestTrader_Week1_Results.PNG

8 hours ago, peterB said:

try right clicking your Time and Sales boxes, going to Config, and unchecking the box NYSE Tape.

@peterB I will try that. Thank you for the suggestion!

Clinched the #1 spot today. BEST 422 also did well at #3 today. I still have crashing issues, but able to work around it when I need to in a pinch using the phone app (also buggy). Turning off the risk controls and being disciplined has kept me on track.

20200715_Day_Results.PNG

• Like 1

Holding in the top 8 and finished this week #6. It's been a challenging week for me: lack of sleep, impatience, over trading, etc. but I persisted and learning how to do better. Glad I am still building my total account at the end of each week so far. I'm the only trader that I can see who is consistently in the top 8 at the end of each week. If anything, I am definitely proud of myself for that fact and even if I don't finish in the top 3, I would be perfectly happy knowing I was consistently in the top 8 and at the end of each week growing my total gain. I am confident I can finish next week strong and finish in the top 5 or if I am really on it, #1. It'll be interesting to see since a lot of people will likely make big trades next week so we might have so crazy large numbers. My goal is to trade consistently as I normally do with better sleep the night before, more patience, and less trades to finish strong by putting on quality trades and hopefully some of those are big winners (still haven't quite figured out how to trade the low floats consistently).

Best of luck to everyone in the competition! =]

20200724_1BestTrader_Week3_Results.thumb.PNG.1f265f67be7d4444a6e8001978c728a7.PNG

Well I didn't win and i fizzled out in the last week due to improper position sizing and one very costly hotkey mistake on a halted stock that halted in the opposite direction from which it halted from. I am still quite happy from my result at the end of the competition because I learned SO MUCH with regard to low floats which were mostly the primary stocks InPlay last month. I also realized to trade low floats effectively, I need to use filters to identify their movement early on and I also need to develop filters to identify longer term hold trades on larger cap stocks. For the past 5-months I have not been using filters at all since I needed to collect as much trading data as I could to identify the important variables. I developed some filters this weekend and i still have more to develop, but today was a major winning day for me thanks to filters helping me narrow in on the stocks that are worth trading. As they say "you are only as good as the stocks you trade" and last month was definitely a reminder of that. I look forward to competing in the next competition especially after refining these filters to find the best opportunities.

Great job to everyone who competed and to the BBT #1 and #3 winners! How exciting!

• Like 1