Anthony1231

Programming hot key for stop loss

Is there a way to program a stop loss hotkey for Ten cents below or above any order entry? I am having a hard time fumbling with the montage to do a stop loss and watching the price action at the same time.

Anthony, this is a stop for 0.10 below average cost:

Share=Pos;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=AvgCost-0.10;TIF=DAY+;SELL=SEND

This is a limit for 0.10 above average cost:

ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=AvgCost+0.10;Share=Pos;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;

Please test them out in simulator to ensure they are working correctly.

Andrew also made this post on how to send an automatic stop loss with your initial order.

• Like 2

Thanks Robert H.

I tried Share=Pos;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=AvgCost-0.10;TIF=DAY+;SELL=SEND and it seems to be working for a long position. If I wanted to put a stop loss above an AvgCost for a short position, would I just change SELL to COVER?

Try this for a short position:

Share=Pos;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=AvgCost+0.10;TIF=DAY+;BUY=SEND

On 3/22/2018 at 2:29 AM, Robert H said:

Anthony, this is a stop for 0.10 below average cost:

Share=Pos;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=AvgCost-0.10;TIF=DAY+;SELL=SEND

This is a limit for 0.10 above average cost:

ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=AvgCost+0.105;Share=Pos;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;

Please test them out in simulator to ensure they are working correctly.

Andrew also made this post on how to send an automatic stop loss with your initial order.

Thanks, Robert,  this link (https://forums.bearbulltraders.com/topic/buy-sell-hotkeys/) that you mentioned seems to be broken. Can you please fix it?

That link is still broken for me. I cannot get stop losses to work on DAS Trader at all. The example in this thread will not override whatever value is in the Montage. But even if I manually enter a value using "Load" then the stop will not exit the order once that price is reached. So for now I guess mental stops it is but I'd really like to get this to work.

Edited by Eric

1 hour ago, Eric said:

That link is still broken for me. I cannot get stop losses to work on DAS Trader at all. The example in this thread will not override whatever value is in the Montage. But even if I manually enter a value using "Load" then the stop will not exit the order once that price is reached. So for now I guess mental stops it is but I'd really like to get this to work.

Here is the working link:

Do you see your STOP in the Open Orders window?

• Like 1

Yes. The stop will appear in the order menu if I hit SEND or show up in the montage if I use Load, but it will be at whatever price is sitting in the montage unless I use Load and change it. Specifically, I have been trouble getting traditional stop-loss orders to work in the simulation, but as someone in that chat noted that this is not entirely unusual for the DAS simulator to do that. Also, I noticed it was routing my stops in the order window to SMAT instead of STOP, even though I had STOP in the montage and/or the hotkey. Apparently, this is normal too.

Fortunately, trailing stops seem to be working for me in the DAS sim. I'm just trying to prepare for the contest and don't have my live IB account fully onboarded with DAS. Eventually, I will be able to report back on whether these problems are still an issue whenever they are finished with my live account, and will be able to test some DAS stops with small positions. A live account (with small positions) might be where we need to test some of the more elusive configurations like Range stops.

By the way, you had some great observations in the chat today (unless that was someone else), such as FB going down at the end. Very happy I joined this site. Cheers.

Edited by Eric

6 hours ago, Moshe R said:

@Robert H hello sir. 

Question, what will be a hotkey code for getting out of a winning position, limit order ARCAL, with a trigger above the correct price for a long? I know it’s a stop but how can I use ARCAL as a route and not market? Thank you 🙏🏻  

ROUTE=ARCAL;Price=AvgCost+0.10;Share=Pos;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;

This will send a limit order 0.10 above your entry.

This may prove useull for anyone willing to submit two orders at the same time, where one order is dependant on the other.

The following syntax can be used to submit a limit order and stop loss at the same time:

Sample order to buy 100 shares and submit a stop loss 10 cents below the entry price:

ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=Ask+0.05 ;Share=100 ;TIF=DAY+;Buy=Send;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:AvgCost-0.10 QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

It's best to use "TriggerOrder" keyword. It is responsible for sending the second order only after the first one has been already executed.