drodz

DAS - Hotkey Issues

I have been using the sim a few days and noticed that my hotkeys don't work unless I select the montage first. This usually happens if I'm doing something on the chart or going to back to DAS from the chatroom, for example, and I want to enter a trade quick. Is this normal behavior or have I configured something wrong.

I was exploring available commands in DAS and noticed a command to auto switch to the Montage (SwitchTWnd;). Is this something I can use before my buy/sell scripts to fix the issue? I was also exploring the same window switching commands for charts. Basically, I'd like to quickly go between zooming, drawing lines, and trading with hotkeys (and mouse buttons) in a matter of seconds.

Yes, you need and active montage before placing any trade. You can use that script as follows:

Name: select activate montage trading window

Key: END

Command(s): SwitchTWnd

if you are using Andrew's hotkey file, it should already be there (End:select activate montage trading window:SwitchTWnd)

Test how it works when using multiple montages.

• Like 1

I used to use SwitchTWnd as above but I switched to using "FocusWindow {window name}" and naming the montage window (right click on title bar and set name in config)

SwitchTWnd is documented going to the next trading window and as I wasn't sure where that would always work and whether I would ever use more than one montage I decided to play it safe.  I now prefix all of my order commands with an applicable FocusWindow command.

• Like 1

ah ok. I haven't downloaded hotkey files just yet so I was unaware of this behavior beforehand.

Is there a video on this? I mean on how to activate the Montage. I watched all the Videos on DAS; implemented all of the processes and Hotkeys, but I am still having trouble exiting positions.

Hi, I also have issues with my hotkeys (looks random but thanks to your clarification I understand why). You mention an additional command Focus...

I'm not sure how to implement it, would you mind posting an example of one of your hotkey script that includes this. 

Thanks a lot

1 hour ago, bruno35 said:

Hi, I also have issues with my hotkeys (looks random but thanks to your clarification I understand why). You mention an additional command Focus...

I'm not sure how to implement it, would you mind posting an example of one of your hotkey script that includes this. 

Thanks a lot

image.png.b6ae1d0b5054b400c3d265a89a20465c.png