Neil

Neil Day Trading

I've been keeping a journal on SIM for the last few months. Now it's time to share it and eventually ask for feedback on some of the moves.

6/29/2020: ✅ Hit daily target.
GOAL: Calm, organized, mindset. no fomo moves, look for clear signals
GOAL: A clear ORB move with multiple confirmations.

Watchlist:
BYND - Near an important level
FB - Catalyst and negative trend

BYND: Entered twice at 10% of BP. Need to change that to 20% of BP as I usually take a double position. Target was my level at pre-market review level of 129. In 

image.thumb.png.2f78f918f107442921eebf9e6b3eba83.png

Recap:
✅ Did a calm pre-market for BYND and FB to see levels.
✅ 🌟 AVOIDED FALSE POSITIVES. When other signals are indicating choppiness, lack of follow through.
✅ Missed some moves and didn't feel FOMO. Stuck to looking for a clear ORB based on several factors including pre-market.
✅ Picked a stock I knew with, BYND, FB. Understood their moves.
✅ Only 3 trades. 👍
❌ ORB is hard to set a target in high speed.
❌ Should have sold 50% and set the breakeven.

Edited by Neil
  • Like 2

6/29/2020: ❌ Did not hit target.

Goal: Calm mindset.
Goal: ORB and ABCD trading strategy. After first 3 minutes, until 10:30am. Look for confirmation and multiple signals.
Goal: Move based on the chart, not the P&L.
Goal: ⭐ Wait for CONFIRMATION on entry. Don't need to be EARLY to enter. Review the PLAYBOOK CONFIRMATIONS.

WKHS
❌Should have waited for more confirmation here. I sensed a downward trend, it was close to the VWAP, good R:R, but if I had waited for more confirmation about whether it was a false breakdown or not, I could have avoided it. I was greedy to catch the move near the VWAP. 
✅ Respected the stop loss and exited, closed out the day as I hit daily loss limit.
✅ Back to the playbook to study.
image.thumb.png.5f75d60f61377d30d9316f846f684d3b.png
Edited by Neil
  • Like 1

7/1/2020: Did not hit target
Goal: Calm mindset.
Goal: ⭐ Wait for CONFIRMATION on entry. Don't need to be EARLY to enter. Review the PLAYBOOK CONFIRMATIONS and MULTIPLE SIGNALS.
Goal: Set a clear target.
Goal: ORB and ABCD trading strategy. After first 3 minutes, until 10:30am. Look for confirmation and multiple signals.

Watchlist:
BYND (possible fallen angel, surge, drop, consolidate, go.)
AAL
FDX
UAL
INO

Todo: 
✅ Traded calmly, waited for setups.
✅ Tighter stops, respected them and moved on.
✅ Multiple signals: Looked at 1, 2, and 5 minute, VWAP, and MAs before considering earlier trades. Fell off later as I chased.
⭐ Do more: Look for CONFIRMATION for a safer trade. 
❌ Learn more about ABCD and VWAP reversal signals.
❌ Started chasing after a few trades. Was experimenting a little, but ultimately the goal is to curb this completely and wait for good setups.

BYND: Looked for VWAP cross with high volume, high R:R, user error for quick sell, but entered after a bit of movement confirmation over VWAP. More confirmation to wait until it broke above the 2 min OR would have been ideal.
image.thumb.png.59aa06b60a0ab69dc33320e48c4fff60.png

INO: WEAK entry on attempt 5 min ORB, didn't double check the 1 or 2 minute, which would have clearly showed potential for a downtrend. Always confirm multiple signals. Big lesson and while I lost on this trade, finally got it.
Later I made a few VWAP trend trades that were profitable when we broke the LOD, but high risk, not a great R:R. Was chasing.

image.thumb.png.57767c963af77f067ba2e55a5229293d.png

FDX: Catalyst on earnings. 2 min ORB. Considered candles, levels, set a target for high of day, close to VWAP. A little risky when looking at the 1 minute. Entering at 160.5 would have given better confirmation.
image.thumb.png.81fc41d8c619b34d13487e7e17fce58f.png

UAL: VWAP Reversal, went through VWAP with high volume. Good 2R attempt with tight stop loss.

image.thumb.png.c95c0aa88b53893b8f4de6e14613346c.png
10 hours ago, tntp45 said:

I like your rule set !

Thank you. I'm trying to build a foundational mindset and playbook, and then carving it into my habits. My instinct is this is going to take a lot of time. Are you setting up a playbook too?

7/2/2020: 3X daily target, one and done.
Goal: Patient mindset: I don't need to make a move unless the setup is excellent.
Goal: One and done. Trade in first 30 minutes.
Goal: ⭐ Wait for CONFIRMATION on entry. Don't need to be EARLY to enter. Review the PLAYBOOK CONFIRMATIONS and MULTIPLE SIGNALS.
GOAL: Multiple signals: Breaking away from VWAP, Opposite moving averages, no prior big wicks. 1,2 and 5 minute trends.

Results:
What I did for today's successful trade:
  • ✅ Reviewed previous trades from July 1, 2020.
  • ✅ Looked at 1, 2 and 5 minute chart for patterns, to AVOID false positives.
  • ✅ Looked at pre-market movement, and understood there could be a continuation of trend after sell off.
  • ✅ Bought after confirmation right up to MA.
  • ❌ Should have bought AFTER it moved past the MA for confirmation, it could have been a resistance, and it did hesitate.
  • Sold half at target, then another half on next spike, then set stop at level below high VBP in case that was a resistance before another move.
  • 🤔 Today was a VERY green day, which made it much easier. The MA mistake could have cost me on a different day.

image.thumb.png.6d2bbfb04607d6498fc36dee4de2b52c.png

• Like 1

7/7/2020: Positive, but only 30% of target based on other trades.
Goal: Patient mindset: I don't need to make a move unless the setup is excellent.
Goal: One and done. Trade in first 30 minutes.
Goal: Wait for CONFIRMATION on entry. Don't need to be EARLY to enter. Review the PLAYBOOK CONFIRMATIONS and MULTIPLE SIGNALS.
GOAL: Multiple signals: Breaking away from VWAP, Opposite moving averages, no prior big wicks. 1,2 and 5 minute trends.

SQ - I should have only partialed at 122, and instead sold 100% to keep that last bit of profit. I went for a false VWAP breakout to make up for it. 

image.thumb.png.88cf68b12d68b302ff8321839209564d.png

7/8/2020: Achieved daily target.
Goal: Calm, patient mindset. Wait for the "killshot".
Goal: 2 minute/3 minute orb.
Goal: Pre-research had great potential movement from SQ and WKHS. 
Goal: Multiple confirmations from 1, 2, and 5.
Goal: Wait for confirmation before moving.
Goal: As few trades as possible, one and done or 3 trades max.

Results:
SQ 2nd 1min candle broke away from the VWAP on the 1 minute, and I took it. Stop loss at VWAP.
Partialed twice and set breakeven stop, waited for a run, but took the profit on the potential downturn.
🤔 1 minute breakouts feel pretty challenging to read, but in this case this was the move I was waiting on before the market went so I took it. If you see a clear pattern you'd like to enter, I think it's OK to go in at the 2 minute. We'll see as I test this further in future trades.

image.thumb.png.5c70a8d6a9fcc1bd0ec5114954685f31.png

7/9/2020: Achieved daily target.
Goal: Clear, calm mindset.
Goal: Finish in first 30 minutes if opp presents itself.
Goal:  Think about exits! As the moving averages converge, 2 minute cross over.
Goal: multiple signals and CONFIRMATION CANDLE. 🕯

Watch:
BABA
NKLA
BBBY
NIO
CCL

Results:

✅ Wrong on first BABA move, observed the reversal due to shooting star, and turned direction with trade.
✅ Avoided false positives, MAs in the way, too big wicks, lack of confirmation.
✅ Waited for clear trends, reacted after confirmation.
✅ Exited Baba at 5 minute moving average.
✅ Observed levels.
✅ Partialed and let it run instead of just taking profits.
⭐❌ Watching P&L too closely to hit daily target. Should watch the chart.
❌ Looking at NKLA, it didn't look too reliable on 1 and 2 minute, just 5 minute! It went my way but it was kind of lucky, not a great entry. Took because of low R:R. But could have reversed. Should have went for BBBY instead, but the volatility wasa ttractive. It was moving away from MAs, and my target was 2 minute MA. But riskier than I like.
❌BBBY - amazing move potential on 10%... actually went down to 18%!!! Clear move. Missed it.

BABA
image.thumb.png.0af690c75b65ce04b0922240773c1fe9.png

NKLA
image.thumb.png.4d501191a712777153707a1271e2f178.png
Edited by Neil