@KyleK29 Thanks for this awesome hotkeys. Do you know where I can find Thor;s Free Roll hotkey.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, ragy said:

@KyleK29 Thanks for this awesome hotkeys. Do you know where I can find Thor;s Free Roll hotkey.

Thanks!

+1 on this.  I really wish I had that free roll hotkey today haha, was in AAPL and it was riding up all day. It would have been the perfect opportunity to use it.

Out of curiosity, what is the idea of this free roll key?

@ragy @Yann I believe Kyle and Thor are still testing this internally.

@DC The idea behind the free roll key is that when Thor is very much in the money and the price is very far from his entry or stop price, if the stock pulls back to a significant level, he'll use some of his remaining unrealized gains to add into his position.

• Like 1

Thor shared his hotkey file in the drive today. Here's the Free Roll hotkey scripts courtesy of Thor

Thor's HotKey Scripts <These are configured for use with executions through DAS and Interactive Brokers> Please test all scripts in SIM before implementing to ensure there are no C&P errors. (These are originally scripted by Kyle and modified by me.)

------------------------------------- FREE ROLL + "Long" ------------------------------------------

CXL ALLSYMB;StopPrice = Price;Share=Price*100;Price=AvgCost;SShare=Price*100;Share=Share-SShare;Price=Share;Price=Share/100;Share=Pos * Price;Price=Ask-StopPrice;SShare=Share / Price;DefShare=BP*0.97;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;SShare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;Price=Ask+0.05;TogSShare;TIF=DAY+;ROUTE=SMRTL;BUY=SEND;DefShare=10; TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

------------------------------------- FREE ROLL - "Short" ------------------------------------------

CXL ALLSYMB;StopPrice = Price;Share=Price*100;Price=AvgCost;SShare=Price*100;Share=Share-SShare;Price=Share;Price=Share/100;Share=Pos * Price;Price=StopPrice-Bid;SShare=Share / Price;DefShare=BP*0.97;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;SShare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;Price=Bid-0.05;TogSShare;TIF=DAY+;ROUTE=SMRTL;SELL=SEND;DefShare=10; TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

------------------------------------- Sell 1/4 ------------------------------------------

• Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 3:11 PM, nvitor said:

Thor shared his hotkey file in the drive today. Here's the Free Roll hotkey scripts courtesy of Thor

Thor's HotKey Scripts <These are configured for use with executions through DAS and Interactive Brokers> Please test all scripts in SIM before implementing to ensure there are no C&P errors. (These are originally scripted by Kyle and modified by me.)

------------------------------------- FREE ROLL + "Long" ------------------------------------------

CXL ALLSYMB;StopPrice = Price;Share=Price*100;Price=AvgCost;SShare=Price*100;Share=Share-SShare;Price=Share;Price=Share/100;Share=Pos * Price;Price=Ask-StopPrice;SShare=Share / Price;DefShare=BP*0.97;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;SShare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;Price=Ask+0.05;TogSShare;TIF=DAY+;ROUTE=SMRTL;BUY=SEND;DefShare=10; TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

------------------------------------- FREE ROLL - "Short" ------------------------------------------

CXL ALLSYMB;StopPrice = Price;Share=Price*100;Price=AvgCost;SShare=Price*100;Share=Share-SShare;Price=Share;Price=Share/100;Share=Pos * Price;Price=StopPrice-Bid;SShare=Share / Price;DefShare=BP*0.97;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;SShare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;Price=Bid-0.05;TogSShare;TIF=DAY+;ROUTE=SMRTL;SELL=SEND;DefShare=10; TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

------------------------------------- Sell 1/4 ------------------------------------------

Where do I find Thor's hotkey file or the drive? I think he mentioned that he shared hit DAS layout as well. Is that also in the drive? thanks

On 6/20/2020 at 9:43 PM, Casey Gates said:

Where do I find Thor's hotkey file or the drive? I think he mentioned that he shared hit DAS layout as well. Is that also in the drive? thanks

The full file (txt format not DAS native htk file) is in the chat room drive as below and yes the layout is there as well.

image.png.8fbb4587d7514be2f79b2c23b1de307c.png

• Like 2

On 6/18/2020 at 6:11 PM, nvitor said:

Do we change the "100" values to whatever dollar amount we are risking on the trade?  I typically risk $150/trade so do I change all the 100s to 150s?

On 6/12/2020 at 9:42 AM, Justin said:

@ragy @Yann I believe Kyle and Thor are still testing this internally.

@DC The idea behind the free roll key is that when Thor is very much in the money and the price is very far from his entry or stop price, if the stock pulls back to a significant level, he'll use some of his remaining unrealized gains to add into his position.

Did anyone else get an error when they use this? it seems my DAS platform will not let me write hotkey that tries to make Price = Share. I'll keep trying because this hotkey would be great. 

On 7/15/2020 at 8:41 PM, Trinity said:

Did anyone else get an error when they use this? it seems my DAS platform will not let me write hotkey that tries to make Price = Share. I'll keep trying because this hotkey would be great. 

If anyone is getting a hotkey error about invalid price, I was able to fix by updating the Das platform to the latest version.  (Tools>Auto Upgrade; back up your settings etc first). 

@KyleK29 Can you explain the reason why the free roll HK has a cancel all orders? in order to execute it what would be the pro or con of having it execute a new breakeven stop-out? would it defet the purpose of the HK using ONLY unrealized gains?

On 6/24/2020 at 11:44 AM, Chris Blechschmidt said:

Do we change the "100" values to whatever dollar amount we are risking on the trade?  I typically risk $150/trade so do I change all the 100s to 150s?

No, a lot of the 100's are for conversion from a float to an integer - moving variables around in memory so I have enough places to do the calculations necessary.  There's very little a user can / should configure in this script. It's quite complex. This flow-chart somewhat explains it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XarAwpsUhyVm317_V74OufuZoe8R8e5f/view?usp=sharing

This script calculates your current UNREALIZED PROFIT (so it's technically not "free" as in there's no risk, if you consider unrealized profit had  you just sold it) to the current double-clicked price that you want to make your BREAKEVEN point. It buys the shares necessary to make that your avgcost / breakeven. 

The official version will have a configurator like most of my other scripts.

On 7/15/2020 at 8:41 PM, Trinity said:

On 7/19/2020 at 6:16 PM, Trinity said:

If anyone is getting a hotkey error about invalid price, I was able to fix by updating the Das platform to the latest version.  (Tools>Auto Upgrade; back up your settings etc first). 

Yes, you need the latest production release of DAS to use it. I think that's 5.5.0.3 ?

23 hours ago, OTC said:

@KyleK29 Can you explain the reason why the free roll HK has a cancel all orders? in order to execute it what would be the pro or con of having it execute a new breakeven stop-out? would it defet the purpose of the HK using ONLY unrealized gains?

Thor added the CXL ALLSYMB. The official version uses CXL BELOWAVGCOST and CXL ABOVEAVGCOST. Although those are completely optional. It's done usually so you don't double up open orders (thus putting you in a reversed position if they get ran and you forget to manually clear them).

I've been trying hard to get DAS to give us CXL BELOWLASTPRICE and CXL ABOVELASTPRICE so we can clear just the stops. If you're like me and put your take-profit orders in the system, this would be important.

Edited by KyleK29
  • Thanks 1

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

I tried it, but I'm getting a 'Can't get valid price' error for the FREE Roll + Long script, see screenshot. What could I be missing? Is there some 'documentation' on this topic?

can't get valid price.png

• Like 1