Teruki

place an order with a stoploss with a hotkey? (Like Kyle's hotkey but without a specific share size)

Hi,
I just looked into Kyle's hotkey. With Kyle's hotkey, you can double click the stop loss in the chart and then you can press the hotkey. Then it would calculate the share size with the risk$ you are willing to take and buy the shares in that size. It is awesome and I am going to use it. But at the same time I might want to buy a certain numbers of shares with the stop loss at a certain place (e.g. Buy 200 shares at $33.50 with the stop loss at $33.20).  What I do now is I use Montage to manually place a stop order but if I could just double click the price in the chart like with Kyle's hotkey and press the hotkey for "buy 200 shares," it would be great too. 

Is there any way I can do so? I thought of tweaking Kyle's hotkey but as a layman for programing, I don't really know what to do.

Edited by Teruki

Hey Teruki, sorry this went unanswered!

I think this is what you are asking for, but I can't test it quite properly as the market is closed.

StopPrice=Price;DefShare=200;Price=Ask;Route=LIMIT;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF=DAY+;

It should allow you to place a stop where you want by clicking and allow you to buy 200 shares at the ask. Of course you can change the qty of shares and ask to bid if you'd like (in bold). Also swap the orange ones if you want to use the hotkey for shorting.

Is this what you were hoping for?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes it is Justin!
Thank you very much.
One of the challenges I had is to place a stop order when thins are moving quickly and I don't want to move my eyes from the charts to Montage for (relatively) a long time.
(I use Kyle's hotkeys now and it definitely is helping, but occasionally I want to just choose my share size. )

I'll try this out on Monday 🙂

I think this is what you are asking? I used Andrews formula 

ROUTE+SMRTL;Share=100;TIF=DAY+;Price=ASK+0.10;BUY=Send;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=AvgCost-0.50;Share=Pos;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;  LONG POSITION

ROUTE+SMRTL;Share=100;TIF=DAY+;Price=BID-0.10;SELL=Send;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=AvgCost+0.50;Share=Pos;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;  SHORT POSITION

I then  changed the share and avg cost to set share size and size of stop. I assigned shift 1,2,3 etc for long positions 100, 200, 300 etc. This allowed me to set a share size with what is appropriate for my risk tolerance per trade. I used Ctrl 1, 2, 3 etc as I did above for short positions. You need to hold shift and hit the number twice to set order, then stop. This has worked for me I hope this is helpful.

Edited by Stephen Schneider
Spelling correction
  • Like 1

Hi,

I am looking to use Kyle's new "Rolling hot key" that Thor has mentioned in day trading sessions. where can I get the hot key and it's description 

Thanks

Sam K

1 hour ago, sam1202 said:

Hi,

I am looking to use Kyle's new "Rolling hot key" that Thor has mentioned in day trading sessions. where can I get the hot key and it's description 

Thanks

Sam K

If you mean Thor's Free Roll hot key, it's in the room drive of the chat room as "ThorsHotButtons.txt." 
You can see a folder icon on top of the chatroom next to the speaker icon and that's the room drive.
Hope it helps!

• Like 1