Christopher

Minor discrepancies when double clicking price

image.thumb.png.b34c545bdc873ed78f010b38b5bff8aa.png

When I double click the price on a chart the price that loads in to my level 2 will often be off by 1 cent. It's a big deal when taking 3-5 cent stops. Any solution to this? 

v/r

-Chris

Hey Chris,

Just spent over an hour talking with DAS support about this.

It's pretty much a bug.

The prices have a "pixel range" on the chart. So if you zoom in all the way, when you move your mouse up and down a bit on the chart the price will stay the same at 16.77 within a range. If you move your mouse to the lower range of those pixels (so it still shows 16.77 on the chart) it will give you 16.76 in the montage.

Unfortunately, as you zoom out to see more, it smashes the prices (and pixels) together; so you can't determine what pixel range you're in.... Sometimes it only gives you the upper pixel range and sometimes it only gives you the lower...

Unfortunately there is no solution. I'm still chatting with them... I'll let you know.

• Like 2

@Justin Wow great job Justin on this! Although im more a 'visual' than a 'to the penny' guy, it is important to know what's going on with the 'click to trade' feature and using Kyle's scripts. 

• Thanks 1

@Brendon 

I think a lot of people don't realize but Kyle's hotkeys has a default stop buffer of 1 cent. So if you load up 10.00 in to your level 2 and send in a buy order, it'll place the stop order at 9.99. That plus this bug could very consistently put your stop 2 cents away from your intended spot. 

If you take tight stop morning plays off of premarket levels or parabolic reversals you're just asking for either an early stop out or a significant reduction in return. 

-Chris

Hmm, I think that “pixel range” glitch would also explain why when resizing your chart window, red doji candles turn into green doji candles?

4 hours ago, DC said:

Hmm, I think that “pixel range” glitch would also explain why when resizing your chart window, red doji candles turn into green doji candles?

Very possible. I can't seem to replicate this one myself though. I tried to find some very thin doji candles and zoom up and down the y-axis, but it didn't change anything. But maybe I'm not resizing in the way you are thinking. Any more details?

9 hours ago, Justin said:

Very possible. I can't seem to replicate this one myself though. I tried to find some very thin doji candles and zoom up and down the y-axis, but it didn't change anything. But maybe I'm not resizing in the way you are thinking. Any more details?

To be honest i just tried to replicate it and couldn't, sweated a bit thinking maybe it was no longer an issue/a one off thing but then pulled up ZM and got this...

EDIT: I had changed back to the white chart background with white candle bodies recently and on re-configuring the exact same window below, i could not replicate the problem. So it seems that maybe its more affected by using the color scheme below. With the white chart and candle bodies, the resizing of the window still changes the tiny red doji candles to black doji candles, so without scrolling over to see the open/close prices you wouldn't know that it was a slightly bearish doji BUT this is no way as misleading as green dojis turning red and vice versa 😆

Edited by DC
Additional information

Yeah, I see it there with that color scheme. I’ll try and replicate and let them know!

This (the price discrepancy) is fixed in the next release.

Edited by KyleK29
  • Thanks 1

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

2 hours ago, KyleK29 said:

This (the price discrepancy) is fixed in the next release.

As I already stated above 😉

9 minutes ago, Justin said:

As I already stated above 😉

Ahhh, I didn't see it. Just wanted to relay it along.

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

17 minutes ago, KyleK29 said:

Ahhh, I didn't see it. Just wanted to relay it along.

I know, i’m just being a jerk 😇

I’m actually more interested to know how you even knew then?! As I only worked this one out with John in emails. Do they have the beta fix list posted?