Hi guys! I finally got my trading station ready! First of all I really want to thank everyone posted here, I read every comment, every detail and everything you posted, in conclusion I could build my own trading station!

I actually lost all my trading capital building the station and hopefully becoming a life time member, but after thinking about it and reading @Andrew Aziz book I learned that it's an investion I've to do in order to become a successful trader. First lose money! Then make it :D, I'll be in simulator until I save money for trading 😄

So, let's go to the details!

1)Graphic card ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX Graphics Card (STRIX-GTX1080-A8G-GAMING) I wanted to buy the MSI Gtx 1080 gaming 8 x8gb but it wasn't available in my country, so I went with this

2)Mother board GIGABYTE H370 AORUS Gaming 3 WIFI (LGA1151/Intel/USB3.1 Gen 2 Type A,Type C/HDMI/M.2/ATX/DDR4/Motherboard) 

3)Ram CORSAIR VENGEANCE LED 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2666MHz C16 Desktop Memory - White LED

4)CPU Corsair CX Series 750 Watt (2017) 80 Plus Bronze Certified Non-Modular Power Supply (CP-9020123-NA)I actually got 100w, but couldn't find it in amazon, you actually don't need 1000w, 750 is more than enough! I think even 650 will work, but I couldn't find 750 in my country as well

5) Cooler ARCTIC Freezer 33 eSports ONE - Tower CPU Cooler with 120 mm PWM Processor Fan for Intel and AMD Sockets - for CPUs up to 200 Watts TDP - Silent and Efficient (White)

6)Processor Intel BX80684I78700 8th Gen Core i7-8700 Processor 

7)SSD, ADATA SU800 256GB 3D-NAND 2.5 Inch SATA III High Speed Read & Write up to 560MB/s & 520MB/s Solid State Drive (ASU800SS-256GT-C)

8)Hard disk 2tb WD Blue 2TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD20EZRZ

you'll need an ATX box I believe but it depends on your style :DD

With the box this whole setup cost me 1450$ from a local store, I also have 4 philips monitors 24 inch each cost 100$+ a cheap desk xD 60$, gaming mouse and keyboards because I love games, both cost 80$, and a stand for 6 monitors which cost 120$, 3 hdmi cabels, 1 adapted from vga to display port, another from hdmi to display port. I believe that's all!

trading station.jpeg

• Like 4

Aiman sweet set up man!

I think if we all switched our careers from Day Trading to gaming we will be extremely successful! Saying that because we are building machines for gaming specs first, trading second!!! :classic_biggrin:

Nice set up!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Carlos M. said:

Aiman sweet set up man!

I think if we all switched our careers from Day Trading to gaming we will be extremely successful! Saying that because we are building machines for gaming specs first, trading second!!! :classic_biggrin:

Nice set up!

Yeah I totally agree 🤣I’ve never thought I’m going to build a gaming machine, and now we’re doing it for trading!)

After I researched a lot and checking different set up finally i came up with this set up

Computer:

I have been using Apple computer for more than 17 Years so i had to purchase pc so i decided go with Laptop my budget in begging was around  $500 and i ended up to pay  $1622 ( huge mistake ) i should have bought Desktop  and i could have purchased best pc in the market  I got DELL XPS9560 15"6  ultra thin and light laptop with 4k touch screen

here is the specification from Amazon:

Dell XPS9560-7001SLV-PUS 15.6" Ultra Thin and Light Laptop with 4K touch screen display, 7th Gen Core i7 (up to 3.8 GHz), 16GB, 512GB SSD, Nvidia Gaming GPU GTX 1050, Aluminum Chassis

Monitors: 

After i got Lg 34um69g for $337 and tested for one week i didn't  like it and switched to two Dell monitors 24 inch  which i love them

for this notebook you only can have two monitors.

Here is specification for this monitor:

Dell S2415H 24-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor purchased on Amazon for $170   at the time of writing the price is $154 plus free shipping 

Mount:

I got Huanuo Mount for $72 really like it !! so fancy  here is the specification you can find it on Amazon

HUANUO Dual Monitor Mount, Full Motion Monitor Arm Stand, Height Adjustable Computer Monitor Riser with Gas Spring, C Clamp, Cable Management for Two 15 to 27 Inch LCD Screens

Mouse :

After having lots of wrist problems and visited my PT for 12 seasons i finally invested in my health and purchased this mouse

Logitech MX ERGO Advanced Wireless Trackball for Windows PC and Mac for $79 

Ergonomic Mouse love it . worth every penny !!!

Really cool feature that it has you can set up for my MacBook at the same time i can use it on my PC . Awesome feature they call it Flow so you are controlling two different system only with one mouse 

Adjustable Desk : purchased from Ikea 

it adjustable Desk with motor and really stylish looking

BEKANTDesk sit/stand, gray, white for $ 409 

Chair :

since i have a back pain and had back surgery and can't sit i use zero Gravity chair which i purchased from Bed and bath and beyond for $40 

I highly recommend for people like me who have back pain and can't sit for long time it is a remedy 

and finally  my favorite hotkeys 

Elgato Stream Deck - Live Content Creation Controller with 15 customizable LCD keys, adjustable stand, for Windows 10 and macOS 10.11 or later purchased for $140 

IMG_2296 2_Balanced.jpg

IMG_2294.jpg

IMG_2282.jpg

• Like 4

Hello Everyone,

Just found this link in the Forum and thought I would share my build. I apologize in advance for the low contrast pics., my camera did not do well with the low light.

Specs:

- Running an Intel i7-8700 liquid-cooled with a Deep Cool Captain 240EX and running on an ASUS Prime Z370-A Mobo with: 16GB G-Skill Trident RAM; EVGA Superclocked 1070Ti Black Edition; Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 512GB SSD; SP 256GB SSD; Corsair Carbon ATX Tower; Elgato Stream Deckeck; CyberPower 750W APU (not pictured); Rottay Mechanical Keyboard (MX-Brown switches); Logitech G-Pro mouse; and Windows 10 Home.

- Main Monitor: 43.5" LG 4K ISP Monitor wall-mounted w/ Luminoodle Bias-LED lighting (I have 5 full Montages [1-min, 5-min & L2], Top List and MarketViewer on this one)

- Right Monitor: 24" HP 24ea (One additional full Montage, three addt'l charts [SPY, QQQ & VIXY], plus all relevant account information)

- Left Monitor: 27" BenQ 4k ISP Monitor (Trade Ideas & BBT Chatroom on this one)

- Small Monitor: 5" LCD HDMI, meant for a Raspberry Pi that I mounted inside the case to monitor internal temps (running CAM software)

Special thanks to Andrew for the DAS Layout file and Robert H. for the StremDeck Hot Keys List, plus all the other countless folks for their meaningful input and comments throughout the Forum.

Thanks for checking-out my post. Happy Trading to All!

Cheers!!

IMG_2.thumb.JPG.8ee71f8ef955d4e7d0037acbef71c174.JPG  

IMG_1.thumb.JPG.c045cc56ba94b6379b9da1f0bb7217a4.JPGIMG_3.thumb.JPG.d3b4a9f1279a469d43e28481e1a48b90.JPGIMG_4.thumb.JPG.a9af61d771f67e6448010f4660b83cf8.JPGIMG_5.thumb.JPG.1790ea54d77d51a777ebab5a42929420.JPGIMG_6.thumb.JPG.211d297243841230e1d9a76c471fb39d.JPGIMG_7.thumb.JPG.92ae698d063d76633aaa78cf0049d37a.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

116084797_desktoppano.thumb.jpg.6c8703609a937b172fd4c71d2114f41f.jpg

Hi folks, this is what I use on a daily basis as you see it. I open the chatroom on the right monitor and toggle back and forth in the pre-market. Once the market opens, I usually just listen to Andrew and stay focused on my two tickers I have set up on that right monitor. I have tried many configurations, but after several months have settled on this configuration and it has worked well for me. Left side monitor is for morning research and scanning. Watch list is there on the lower right of the left monitor. Center and right monitors each have 2 tickers for a total of 4 stocks on watch. For each ticker I have level II, time and sales, 5-min chart, 1-min chart and a daily chart. Below are the specifics of my equipment for anyone interested. Cheers and happy trading.

HP Spectre x360 Convertible laptop

Intel Core i7-6500 CPU @ 2.50GHz

16GB RAM

256GB SSD

Windows 10 Home

3 HP Pavilion 32inch ultrawide LED QHD Monitors, resolution is 2560x1440

Connections are 2 DisplayPort (docking station) and 1 HDMI (via laptop port)

Targus Docking Station for ethernet and the additional video connections

Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard (I know how Andrew feels about these, but I have been using a wireless keyboard and mouse as long as they have existed. Never had a problem. I change the batteries religiously every quarter and get new equipment every few years.) Trust me when I say that any hotkey trading errors I have experienced were not the result of my equipment.

Hardwired Ethernet connection to cable modem gets me 200+ Mbps download and 70+ Mbps upload speeds. Have cell phone app open when trading so can close trades in an emergency power or internet outage or a system crash…yes it’s happened!

Hotkeys are setup via trading platform and accessed either with my external keyboard or Apple iPad mini. I use an app called “Custom Keypad”. It is $4.99 in the App Store. I connect the iPad mini to the laptop via a program called Tight VNC Server. Easy to set-up and use. The keypad app provides unlimited ability to create custom touch-screen buttons. I have used it since March 2018 and have never had an issue. That’s over 550 entries and exits for me. I’m satisfied it works.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/27/2018 at 12:38 PM, Esam E. said:

IMG_2.thumb.JPG.8ee71f8ef955d4e7d0037acbef71c174.JPG  

We have similar setups with the large monitor. How do you like it?

I've seriously considered switching to a multi-monitor setup. I find I don't want the 3 charts to the side at all (like I planned). It's easier/more natural for me to turn my head to look at another monitor.

Not so much a setup, but I remember I snapped this in the chat a week or so back.

catception_bbt.thumb.jpg.6c8994d362f6dc2f539a3476767e39fd.jpg

Also, for those thinking of getting a standing desk. Costco in the states has stock of a decent one for $300 (glass top, embedded USB, electronic, preset levels).

Edited by KyleK29
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

Hi KyleK29,

We sure do have similar setups, minus the cute cat of course! I am generally pleased with the setup but would like to add more monitors. I believe someone said in the chat once that monitors are an addiction, I completely agree!

I am mulling over adding a second large screen, so I can just have the two monitors versus five or six. Completely agree that turning your head is more natural and less of a strain. I would like to add a 15-min chart and a time & sales to every montage, plus add two complete montages, for a total of 8. I am pretty sure the best course of action is to try and recoup my initial investment before making any new purchases... but one can dream!

Definitely looking into a standing desk before anything else, so I will check out Costco for sure. Thanks for the tip! 

On 1/5/2018 at 9:09 AM, Jason H. said:

I built my computer specifically for day trading (and gaming!).

I share a home office with my photographer girlfriend so I wanted to make sure I kept everything quiet and contained. My corner of the office is a standing workbench I custom designed and built myself to contain the tools, electronics, and gadgets I use to build "stuff". My 3d printer is also pictured. I built a Core i7 based PC on an Asus ROG Maximus IX motherboard, 32gb of RAM, and a Vega 64 graphics card. I have a Noctua CPU cooler that operates almost silently, and the machine itself is down in the corner so it's near silent. The iMac on our desk behind is actually louder. I installed an Ergotron arm to mount the monitors (a 34 inch wide screen and a very old 24inch monitor) to my standing work bench. I have gaming mouse and keyboard because I like the feel and I'm left handed so having an ambidextrous mouse is great when I switch to right-handed to game. The last part of my setup is a Stream Deck, a customizable keypad with LCD screens on each key which I've set up to trigger hotkeys for long and short positions. Each icon is custom color-coded so I can't mistakenly short a long position when I'm trying to sell, or something similarly boneheaded.

Standing bench

Closeup

Streamdeck starting point

Streamdeck Long

Streamdeck short

Bull

How do you set up (stream deck) my will not work.. if i try to hit a /hot key on it, it do nothing.. But works fine in (excel, word website and more).. 
Do you know what i do wrong? 

Nice set-up BTW!

On 10/6/2018 at 10:14 AM, Mcbm said:

How do you set up (stream deck) my will not work.. if i try to hit a /hot key on it, it do nothing.. But works fine in (excel, word website and more).. 
Do you know what i do wrong? 

Nice set-up BTW!

I'm not sure, I've heard a few people have been having trouble getting it to work with DAS. I haven't had an issue, but I also haven't updated the software for 6 months because I've been unable to trade. The general idea is you have to create hotkeys in DAS first, then on the streamdeck create a "keyboard shortcut" action on the button, and choose the same action. My machine is in a box for another month or so but once I get it out and updated I'll see if I can provide more guidance. 

Hey guys, I will try to make a tutorial video on my hotkeys for the streamdeck asap. I have updated the software and had no hiccups. I plan of making a combined video showing how I manage risk, share size, hard stops, all with hotkeys on 'deck'. The only time my strategy starts are become difficult is when the stock is moving too quickly to place appropriate stops (takes about a 1 or 2 second delay) at the technical levels so I am selective in what I trade.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm planning to do a little traveling soon, but don't want to just have the one screen on my laptop.  Does anyone have any advice on a good portable USB monitor?

Here's what I have.  I had built the computer with my son...  just because...  maybe a mild amount of gaming.

8th Gen Core i5 8600K
ROG STRIX Z-370-E Gaming Motherboard
NVIDIA GTX 970 Graphics Card
16 GB DDR4 Ram
Corsair H60 Water CPU Cooler

LG 24" LED Monitor (Center) - Brand New
Samsung 21.5" LED Monitor (Right) - Kinda New
Samsung 20" I-don't-know-what-kind Monitor (Left) - Old family friend that got repurposed 

Cord control program has not yet been implemented!

20181128_180411.jpg

Edited by Martin G
  • Like 2