@Marek Liyanage The way I solved this was to create separate desktops in DAS - depending on which monitor conifg I am using. The way to do this is as follows:

1. Back Up Your Default desktop in the DAS Trader Pro Directory just in case (I keep a copy in Dropbox as well as in the local  DAS directory) File>Save Desktop - give it a name (I preffix with a date stamp) - defaultBAK.dsk but as long as it is changed from default that's good enough DAS will always load Default.dsk on start up.
  2. Plug in your alternative screen arrangement - move all windows, montages etc about around until your happy with the set up - I keep the DAS window in the Laptop main screen, with orders accounts etc but all charts, Montages, T&S are popped out as Justin described)
  3. Click File>Save Desktop - give your new desktop unique name say MOBILE1.dsk
  4. after you open DAS with the second monitor config all you need to do is click File>Open Desktop>Mobile1.dsk and it will automatically load the config for that monitor set up

You can set up as many desktops as you want depending on how many configs you have

image.png.6b673db4feb00d2ce2b78cc44065bb62.png

Edited by jonosg
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, jonosg said:

The way I solved this was to create separate desktops in DAS - depending on which monitor conifg I am using.

Another great workaround!

My Setup:

I originally was going to build my own PC, but I couldn't source all the parts I wanted in sufficient time. Instead I purchased an off-the-shelf Ryzen 5 3600 PC, with 16GB RAM, 500GB M2 SSD, GTX1650. When purchasing, I specified for 4 Video outputs, but on delivery the card only had 3 (1xHDMI, 2 DP). A bit disappointed, but for 3 monitors it's sufficient. I promised myself if I am successful I will upgrade. I also purchased 2 x 27" monitors, very basic, but get the job done. The top monitor is an old HP Compaq 22" that I had lying around.

I have a unique solution for the top monitor. I have some old TV mounts stuck into the wall (were there when I moved it), it's not compatible with anything I have. So I attached some thick wire to some screws in the back of the old monitor and 'hung' it on these old mounts. The desk can be adjusted to a standing desk (which I like to do around the time of the open), and then I move the top monitor to rest above these wall mounts leaning against the wall.

IMG_4241_LI.jpg

• Like 2

My set-up:

Is currently still under construction 🏗️. My brother-in-law (Rockis) builds gaming computers for cost plus 10-20%. I was initially looking at some of the computers that Falcon Trading Systems builds for inspiration and sent the specs to Rockis, he mentioned he could build a more balanced unit for less. But being a Macbook Pro user I was afraid of a PC becoming obsolete in 2 years so I asked him to build it in overkill mode. Below are the specs with the exception of the PSU which we could not source due to the pandemic and shortages.

113715831_ScreenShot2020-06-22at12_47_00AM.thumb.png.a1cace3f699128efcb3aee661935937a.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 3.5 GHz 16-Core Processor 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO 55.4 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5 g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 UNIFY ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  
Video Card: ASRock Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Taichi X OC+ Video Card 
Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit 
Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm Fan  
Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm Fan  
Keyboard: Cosair K95 RGB Platinum Mechanical Gaming keyboard
Mouse: Cosair Ironclaw RGB mouse 
Accessories: Elgato StreamDeck XL
Monitors: 6 Asus VN279QL 27" Full HD 1920X1080
Monitor Mount: ErgoPlaza Innovative STX-33W 3 over 3 Wide Monitor Mount
Desk: EvoDesk Studio L Pro
Chair: TBD

IMG-0316.jpg

IMG-0317.jpg

Edited by OTC

I'm getting dirty with that Dell XPS13 laptop.  Just moved to a new place that's furnished and the landlord left two Acer monitors, no idea what size.  I ordered a VisionTek docking station so I imagine I'll set it up with the chat session on my laptop and DAS setups on the monitors.  If I can't be successful with that, I don't think a gaming computer and six screens will help, so I'll wait for a while before I upgrade.

On 6/22/2020 at 8:47 AM, OTC said:

113715831_ScreenShot2020-06-22at12_47_00AM.thumb.png.a1cace3f699128efcb3aee661935937a.png

beautiful clean case and awesome specs. just for trading? yes then it really is overkill i guess. but same here. I got a fully VR ready desktop PC here and with a really powerful GPU GeForce GTX1080Ti. I like gaming but now i usually I dont have time for it. So on my PC I was gaming just a couple few times within these years actually.

Here is my current setup.  My wfh setup and daytrade in one.

image.png.6ba159e2c2aad2c97361768ac442d48a.png

I'm brand new here, thanks in advance for your help.

I'm about to buy a laptop, can anyone tell me if this will get the job done? It seems to meet the requirements in  the training video.

Acer - Nitro 5 – Gaming Laptop

$899

15.6" FHD 144Hz

Intel 11th Gen i7 - GeForce RTX 3050Ti

16GB DDR4 - 512GB SSD – Expandable to 32

Windows 11

Thanks!

Edited by AFELDMAN

2 hours ago, peterB said:

@AFELDMANyes absolutely fine (actually overkill)

Thanks! in terms of overkill, what can I sacrifice to get a cheaper machine?

56 minutes ago, noob said:

Yeah, that's plenty, but I would upgrade to more memories. 

Thanks!

U know what I have found if u run a desktop and a laptop and need to utilize same DAS layouts/files ensure ur GPU runs same resolution as desktop otherwise u will be resizing chart windows etc when u switch/transfer files between both computers.

Otherwise do not transfer files, jus define each machine with its own DAS layout and populate data in chart window and watch list.

I’m new to the community and trading in general. I’m wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for an over the counter PC for trading. I’m not a gamer, and I wont be building my own system. I’d just like to purchase a system that I can use to set up my trading station. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

4 hours ago, lonniew86 said:

I’m new to the community and trading in general. I’m wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for an over the counter PC for trading. I’m not a gamer, and I wont be building my own system. I’d just like to purchase a system that I can use to set up my trading station. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Check the hardware requirements of your trading platform and go a little bit above that if you don´t want to spend in a gaming rig. For example check DAS Trader Pro requirements https://dastrader.com/docs/hardware-requirements/

For screens, if you are running 1920x1080 you can use USB to VGA adapters and save some bucks on the graphic card. I used 2 of these devices for almost 3 years without an issue.