banjo597

Looking to Join a Group

Hi,

I'm looking to join a group of day traders. Momentum Traders specifically. I'm looking to join because I feel like I lost how to trade stock. Now a little bit about how I'm trading.

I started getting into the stock market and being interested since Jan 2019. I didn't start practicing DAS until May Last year so i would have a year using DAS simulator. Now i started going live in January when i started with a nice trend of successful day trading between October and December. So i felt ready. Now comes January of this year and it was a negative month and i passed it off thinking that it was just starting new. Then February comes and i have a lot of positive trades with most days hitting 1R and even one day where i hit 4R. March comes and i do well the first half and then after that everything changes. I start getting big loss and eventually what started as a positive month ends negative in one week. after that i went maybe 3 days in April and i couldn't continue on because it was nothing but negatives. and i don't know how to recover. i feel like i can't figure out what i'm doing wrong and would like to figure out what is i'm doing wrong.

So my trading begins like this. I work fulltime in an office between 845 to 4pm. but between 9 and 10, i have some free time which i use only for trading.I begin the stocks at 9am adding trendlines and choosing the stocks.then trading begins and i originally began 5 min after market opens, but i have worked on going on on as early as a min. but my time limit is 10am latest. I would like to get some ideas. and i know that the time is ridiculous short, but its the best time i can do this. 

6 minutes ago, Abiel said:

Are you in the chatroom during your trading time at work?

Usually I’m there only on premarket. I’m mostly in the background but many times in the last 2 minutes before the market opens, I will close it or mute it cause otherwise I get distracted and I won’t focus in the stock market. 

I work full time and trade for an hour or so before work, my peak trading time is between 9:30-10AM EST, then maybe a few plays up until 10:30 or so. If you can focus for the first half hour that is all that is needed at least for me to get my trades done. That's plenty of time to catch good moves.  Similar to Andrew. But you do need a solid 15-20 min prep to run through the scanners before the market opens. It's gonna take at least a couple years of daily trading to improve accuracy, be patient, remember college, grad school, medical school, law school all days 4-5 years to complete. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brendon said:

I work full time and trade for an hour or so before work, my peak trading time is between 9:30-10AM EST, then maybe a few plays up until 10:30 or so. If you can focus for the first half hour that is all that is needed at least for me to get my trades done. That's plenty of time to catch good moves.  Similar to Andrew. But you do need a solid 15-20 min prep to run through the scanners before the market opens. It's gonna take at least a couple years of daily trading to improve accuracy, be patient, remember college, grad school, medical school, law school all days 4-5 years to complete. 

It’s very true. But im looking for a group to see if I can improve or get advice on what I need to do. And it hurts that it was going very well on February and then all of a sudden it’s like if I just started learning again. 

19 hours ago, banjo597 said:

It’s very true. But im looking for a group to see if I can improve or get advice on what I need to do. And it hurts that it was going very well on February and then all of a sudden it’s like if I just started learning again. 

Ah okay, just be careful bc group trading can alter your thought process. I find it best to work in our Chatroom in the pre-market to get our battle plan ready. When the market opens watch those stocks but if you hear people yelling 'long, weak, nonsense, doing stuff, garbage, ahh ouch, or 'cover cover cover' when you're long' it can be distracting 😉. This is because no two traders are taking the EXACT same trade, you may be taking a slightly different setup with different stops and targets. Then when the dust settle 15 minutes in or so that's when I become more active in the chat.  

I am saying this with the lightest of heart btw 🙂 I love our chatroom's charm. 

Edited by Brendon
  • Haha 2

On 5/15/2020 at 3:12 PM, Brendon said:

Ah okay, just be careful bc group trading can alter your thought process. I find it best to work in our Chatroom in the pre-market to get our battle plan ready. When the market opens watch those stocks but if you hear people yelling 'long, weak, nonsense, doing stuff, garbage, ahh ouch, or 'cover cover cover' when you're long' it can be distracting 😉. This is because no two traders are taking the EXACT same trade, you may be taking a slightly different setup with different stops and targets. Then when the dust settle 15 minutes in or so that's when I become more active in the chat.  

I am saying this with the lightest of heart btw 🙂 I love our chatroom's charm. 

sounds good. I'm looking for something more, lets see if i can explain. something about where we can trade and after everyone is done just look over what we did right or wrong or see someone's else opinion about why the trade was taken and what was right or wrong or what we missed or what we got right. something like a review. not so much hear someone go long or short or anything cause that is just gonna mess up my focus

23 hours ago, banjo597 said:

sounds good. I'm looking for something more, lets see if i can explain. something about where we can trade and after everyone is done just look over what we did right or wrong or see someone's else opinion about why the trade was taken and what was right or wrong or what we missed or what we got right. something like a review. not so much hear someone go long or short or anything cause that is just gonna mess up my focus

oh okay, trying posting your trades in our 'trades' channel in the chatroom, a lot of members and mods comment and give feedback on them there

I'm looking for the same, something more personable with a group of 3-5 serious people like a college study group. Skype/Zoom video chats, trade studies, strategy discussions, and etc.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JIMMY said:

I'm looking for the same, something more personable with a group of 3-5 serious people like a college study group. Skype/Zoom video chats, trade studies, strategy discussions, and etc.

well your the second one. all we need is one more to start

11 hours ago, banjo597 said:

well your the second one. all we need is one more to start

Great! Who wants to be three? 🙂

8 hours ago, Justin said:

@JIMMY @banjo597

You’ll have to check to see if you’re on the same level, but @josh_h is also looking for a group.

Thanks, I'll speak with him and see what he says.

11 hours ago, JIMMY said:

Great! Who wants to be three? 🙂

Hey Jimmy, I'm gonna make a discord in the meantime so we can get started, any ideas on the group name?

12 hours ago, banjo597 said:

Hey Jimmy, I'm gonna make a discord in the meantime so we can get started, any ideas on the group name?

Not really, anything works for me. It's not the name that counts, it's the people 🙂