cjsimon07

Do you love your chair?

I finally upgraded my setup with an electric standing desk, new pc, and matching monitors, but I'm still using my old desk chair! I love the standing desk. I find standing at the open helps me stay focused, but as the day goes on I like to switch between sitting and standing. I have lower back and neck pain from a car accident years ago and I know I would feel better and stay focused longer with a better chair. As everyone advises, having the proper tools helps you do your job. I can't believe the difference with having the proper equipment, so I'm not procrastinating with the chair. After watching a ton of videos and reading reviews I think I've settled on the SecretLab Titan (I'm 6'2).

https://secretlab.co/collections/titan-series?utm_source=google&utm_campaign=us-google-shop&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=datafeed#titan_2020-stealth

I know a few people here have SecretLab chairs and swear by them. So my question is, if you love your chair, what do you use and why do you love it? If you have the titan, is it worth the money ($400) and the wait (shipping june 24th).

I am not a doctor but u should consult a physio/doc since u have prior injury.  Based on my past experience u may prefer lumbar support and depending on ur environment mesh over leather may be better.

I have this on order coz of the attachments that are provided (a leg rest, a laptop/keyboard ext) 

https://www.amazon.com/Ergohuman-Swivel-Chair-Headrest-Chrome/dp/B0019CVUA2/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies! I find that if the chair doesn't have a high back I tend to slouch. I also like the idea of the memory foam pillow that attaches to the top of the Titan chair. I think that's what I'm leaning toward and hope that will help with neck support. 

I've had good luck with a combination of chiropractic, massage therapy and acupuncture. Unfortunately, all three of those offices have been closed since March. I do daily stretches and try to walk or exercise every day. The standing desk has really helped too. I'm not looking for a miracle chair, but definitely something better than what I have. 

That chair looks sweet Justin, great taste! Definitely getting one someday. But what I like more is your anti fatigue foot mat, Just bought one bc my dogs are killing me down there. 

• Like 1

I have the Black w/Suede SecretLab Titan chair for about a year now and I love it.  I use it all the time while I work my 8-5 IT job from home  I'm 6'5" and weigh about 235lbs and I'm comfortable to be able to sit in it for over 8 hours a day with no issues.  I had a car accident where I broke my right ankle and my left clavicle and I do have neck pain and lower back pain from time to time but this chair doesn't make me feel uncomfortable using it for extensive periods of time. 

20200511_213658.thumb.jpg.d129d890c58c1005698a7e69465715be.jpg

6 hours ago, peterB said:

Guys,

all your neck and other pains are like trading. It won't change by changing and introducing new parameters - the seat, you need to do the right thing and stop doing the wrong things to get it resolved. If you already have trouble the seat is not the solution in 99% cases. You can sit properly even on a rock. To know how to sit the correct way and to be able to hold the position is the key.

I expect to see a photo of your rock chair tomorrow 😂

• Haha 1

I know - just needling you a bit 😉 I think most people are aware if you have an injury, exercise and rehab are necessary. But a good chair is a tool to help with holding a proper position - because that is the hard part.

That being said, I still want to see someone with a rock for a computer chair!

Chair.jpg.50ef61a4fd1d40530d2e6b3759ae93a2.jpg

Thanks for all the replies! I know the chair won't cure the problem. I'm looking for something that will allow me to work more comfortably for a longer period of time. The old (like 20 plus years) office chair I'm using doesn't offer the support I need. No lumbar support, no neck support, little to no padding left. I'm just trying to justify spending $400 on a chair vs $100. Looks like the choice is, like most things, personal preference. I've found having the proper tools helps me be a more confident trader, so I think I'm going to go for it. After doing way more internet research than I probably should have (I wish I could have just gone to a store and tried one) I'll be ordering the SecretLab Titan. I'll post feedback in a couple months when the chair actually gets here...

2 hours ago, Justin said:

Justin, Some day I will build one of these in my back yard. I like it! Maybe I'll bring the laptop out there and trade when I need a change of scenery. 

I know - just needling you a bit 😉 I think most people are aware if you have an injury, exercise and rehab are necessary. But a good chair is a tool to help with holding a proper position - because that is the hard part.

That being said, I still want to see someone with a rock for a computer chair!

Chair.jpg.50ef61a4fd1d40530d2e6b3759ae93a2.jpg

The only thing about the Titan chairs is if you don't like the firmer seat you will not like it.  Their reasoning behind the firmer seat is that they claim that softer seats tend to lead toward more back issues and the softness will eventually go away to where you are sitting on something even harder in the framing of the seat. 

I don't have any experience with those chairs. However, I did end up getting the SecretLab Titan XL and man do I love it. Still seems crazy to spend that much on a chair, but not really when you factor in how much time you spend sitting in it. I look at it this way, you spend a third of your life in bed and sleep is important so invest in a good mattress. You spend 8 hours a day in a chair, so invest in a good one. 

For me the combination of the chair and standing desk has been a game changer. I am able to stay focused much longer and trade most of the day.  

• Like 1