Guys, I'm not saying I'm a genius, but I don't want to rule out the possibility 😜

As could be seen in my setup video on BBT YouTube, my cable management was nonexistent.

Today my life changed forever when I started using the clamps from my monitor stands to hide the cables.

Figured I share since a lot of you have similar setups!

Before: (it was actually much worse with 3 more power strips to the side and at least a dozen more cables could be visible going across the top of the couch arm)

before.png.c37f04db2cb21c6ebdb86686ab326ff7.png

After:

1752166634_after1.jpg.170ba694518a78e57ce4d4f9f9fc58d1.jpg

1429262196_after2.jpg.419a6c2e35818bb2293ddd528cafd8dc.jpg

I'm glad my video inspired you 🤣

Jk jk!

But you've earned my like on your video! I'm obsessed with cable management. I can barely stand the cables from my keyboard and mouse, but I won't go wireless for trading.

12 minutes ago, Justin said:

I'm glad my video inspired you 🤣

Jk jk!

But you've earned my like on your video! I'm obsessed with cable management. I can barely stand the cables from my keyboard and mouse, but I won't go wireless for trading.

I'm way behind on the other setup videos. I'll definitely look for yours though!

13 hours ago, Justin said:

.............. I'm obsessed with cable management. I can barely stand the cables from my keyboard and mouse, but I won't go wireless for trading..........

Yeah ...But I had to go wireless for this reason, cuz I have OCD, neat / organized freak.  Has not been too bad,  Charge mouse and keyboard every 3 mths.  I never turn them off.  No major disconnects / reconnects within 2 - 3 seconds, keyboard lights flash to notify.  Have not tried to trouble shoot yet since I am using Logitech Unified receiver.

Have you had bad experiences with wireless devices?

9 hours ago, Alastair said:

Yeah ...But I had to go wireless for this reason, cuz I have OCD, neat / organized freak.  Has not been too bad,  Charge mouse and keyboard every 3 mths.  I never turn them off.  No major disconnects / reconnects within 2 - 3 seconds, keyboard lights flash to notify.  Have not tried to trouble shoot yet since I am using Logitech Unified receiver.

Have you had bad experiences with wireless devices?

$1000 mistake early last year. Brand new Logitech G915.... Never again. Running the wired version now, G815.

Wired all the way - I use my backup machine to connect to the chat room, email etc during trading - that has a wireless keyboard and mouse but not my main PC. I've had wireless stuff disconnect on me enough times to not use them for anything critical, I had a mouse go down during a counter strike clan final match years ago and we lost!. plus 2 to 3 second delay to reconnect  is enough to cost $ at the open if you trade like Andrew.

I'm not OCD about it, I  route everything behind the monitors, under the desk or behind the shelf that the computer sits on, I can live with keyboard, mic, streamdeck,, mouse leads on the desk. I do keep all cables neat and I do label both ends, primarily so it's not a massive undertaking and detangling session to replace something Ethernet cabling can be especially painful if it's not labelled.  A few bucks on some cable ties is all you need and perhaps a cable track under the desk job done. You could even drill some holes in your desk so you can't see the wires..... lol

Edited by jonosg
  • Like 1