Richie N

DAS Window Formatting

Hey BBT,

I am having issues with formatting DAS windows:

1) Market Viewer - I have created a custom Market Viewer with my list of tickers.  I have reorganized and added/removed columns, and changed the color of the background and rows.   Is there a way to save my formatting so that when I open DAS each morning, the same list and formatting displayed? 

2) Account, Account List, Position and Market Viewer windows only load with a default font and color formatting.   Is there a way to save the user defined color and font?

Thanks! 

12 minutes ago, Richie said:

Hey BBT,

I am having issues with formatting DAS windows:

1) Market Viewer - I have created a custom Market Viewer with my list of tickers.  I have reorganized and added/removed columns, and changed the color of the background and rows.   Is there a way to save my formatting so that when I open DAS each morning, the same list and formatting displayed? 

2) Account, Account List, Position and Market Viewer windows only load with a default font and color formatting.   Is there a way to save the user defined color and font?

Thanks! 

1) File > Save Desktop > Save and Replace should save the Market Viewer settings

2) Right click the windows and select Config. You can change your font and color formatting there. (Save Desktop again)

Thanks for the reply Justin. 

I can apply formatting to all of the windows and even successfully save the formatting of my charts, montage and price action windows, using the method you described.  The issue, as you'll see in the attached screen capture, is the Market Viewer, Account, Account List and Position windows do not save and instead resort to some other DAS default.  They are all reloaded with black backgrounds and default fonts and additionally the Market Viewer watch list I created is also gone.  This is, despite saving individual window defaults and the desktop.

Screenshot (10).png

Hmmm... That should not be happening. I just tried changing the text color of my Position window, and the background of my Market Viewer. I don't even need to save Desktop for it to work. What version of DAS are you using? 5.5.0.3?

Might need to do a reinstall or contact DAS support.

I can change the colour, font and format - no problems there.  That said, once I shut down DAS and then open it the following morning, only the charts and montage remain to my liking;  the Market Viewer, Account, Account List and Position window formats do not save and instead resort to some other DAS default.  The location and size of the windows save, but not the colour, font or column/row formatting. 

It's the 3 month practice demo.  I assume it's current as I am only a few days into the subscription. 

Thanks for the help Justin.  Perhaps this is one for DAS support. 

1 hour ago, Richie said:

That said, once I shut down DAS and then open it the following morning, only the charts and montage remain to my liking;  the Market Viewer, Account, Account List and Position window formats do not save and instead resort to some other DAS default.  The location and size of the windows save, but not the colour, font or column/row formatting.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I shut down DAS, and everything saves properly when I reopen...

Maybe try right clicking on the window and selecting "Save As Default"? I just don't think that's it and It's not how my DAS behaves.

Let us know what DAS Support says!

Deleted - missed Justins post on saving as Default

image.png

Edited by jonosg
Deleted - missed Justins post on saving as Default
  • Like 1

Update: I reinstalled DAS to the default location (C drive), and this has fixed the problem.   Previously I installed DAS in Program Files.  Hopefully this helps anyone else who has this problem.