Abiel

Day Trading: How to Start?

This forum post purpose is to provide some guidance to non-members (and maybe also to new BBT Members) about how to start a day trading career. 

The Bear Bull Traders Education Approach:

image.thumb.png.cd4686c05813a71b31a97a79993b5408.png

Education and Community 

You can join BBT here: https://www.bearbulltraders.com/membership-levels
For a taste of our educational approach please watch Class 1 in youtube and this VWAP Webinar. Rest of classes and educational materials are located in our Education Center,  Success Webinars & Psychology Resources (both exclusive features of Elite Members) and are available 24/7 for BBT Members. You can browse our youtube channel for tons of moderator and members videos about our day trading style.

Trade in a Simulator.

After you read Andrew´s book and attend classes and lessons, you can start simulator training. You can start with DAS 14 days free trial, after that you can get it from DAS Inc. ($150-165 month), or get 3 months of DAS sim from BBT, with Market Replay and options, 3 months for $300 USD.

Live Account Trading.

When you are consistent and profitable in sim you may want to try the real thing and put your hard earned money to work for you. Here are some brokers you may want to evaluate. If you choose a broker based in the US, you may want to get familiar with the PDT Rule, as a US regulation it applies only to US based brokers. If you are in Canada you are lucky and you can choose Interactive Brokers Canada without having to open a 25-30K USD account. 

I hope this helps to get some clarity about the day trading education path.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just getting started?? Please feel free to ask me, or any of the moderators, any questions you have. We are happy to help!

Hi there, 

I recently joined BBT as a lifetime member and have dedicate 2hrs of each morning to my trading career. Just want to know if I'm doing this right and am I on the right track? Should I be doing anything else?

Step 1. I read Andrews book How to Day Trade For A Living, watching a million Youtube videos and basically did a ton of research. Then joined BBT 

Step 2. I've watched all 5 day trading classes and even repeated a couple

Step 3. I'm now about to watch Part 1 through Part 7 of the DAS Resources videos. 

7 hours ago, Jason Verbeke said:

Hi there, 

I recently joined BBT as a lifetime member and have dedicate 2hrs of each morning to my trading career. Just want to know if I'm doing this right and am I on the right track? Should I be doing anything else?

Step 1. I read Andrews book How to Day Trade For A Living, watching a million Youtube videos and basically did a ton of research. Then joined BBT 

Step 2. I've watched all 5 day trading classes and even repeated a couple

Step 3. I'm now about to watch Part 1 through Part 7 of the DAS Resources videos. 

Hi Jason, these are some resources to guide your training: 

1. Success Webinar by Peter; From the Beginning: Setting Up a Training Plan.
  2. Forums: DAS Simulator 12-week Program
  3. Forums: Planning a trade before entering it