Romell Roberts

A stock for testing hotkeys

Hi, I'm trying to use the following hotkey, I found it on youtube, it's supposed to buy as many shares as I can afford at a predetermined dollar limit, and set a stoploss at 2%

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=Bid;Price=Round2;Share=750/Price;ACCOUNT=CME****;BUY=Send;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET STOPPRICE:AvgCost*0.98 ACT:SELL QTY:POS TIF:DAY

Is there a fake stock, or some method available to fully test out the script?

I've only been using the DAS demo for about 3 trading days, and every day I have some issue with my hotkeys, my goal is to get it sorted out by Monday...

The script isn't buying as many shares as you can afford. It's buying 750 shares everytime.

But my question to you would be why would you ever want to do that? That is a 100% way to not being able to afford anything.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "fake stock" either. If you're in the demo, every stock is fake. You're not trading with real money, so pick any stock and test the hotkey.

My advice would be to go look at Kyle's hotkeys. They will help you automatically take a trade with the appropriate risk (no more that 1% of your equity) and share size.

14 hours ago, Romell Roberts said:

I

I have seen Ross use a stock call ZZZT as a fake/test symbol or something like tht.  Not sure if its unique to his platform (Sterling) or its a universal norm.

Contact DAS support/chat they respond very fast.

If you're in a demo account, why does it matter to use a "fake" stock?

I do my best to treat it like it's real money. It's just a personal preference. 

I'm going to try Kyle's hotkey system Monday though. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Justin said:

If you're in a demo account, why does it matter to use a "fake" stock?

Very True.  I have seen this feature b4 (test stock) , Ross did use in what I assumed was live to test hotkeys. He may have been using the Sterling platform which  is his preferred platform. 

Good point.

4 hours ago, Romell Roberts said:

ZZZT didn't work but I'll contact DAS, thanks!

@Alastair You were close. It is ZVZZT

On 5/1/2020 at 11:55 PM, Justin said:

The script isn't buying as many shares as you can afford. It's buying 750 shares everytime.

I tested it out tonight with ZVZZT and it does buy as many shares as I can afford at a predefined price. It was 10$ per share, with 750 in the script I purchased 75 shares. 

Edited by Romell Roberts

8 hours ago, Romell Roberts said:

I tested it out tonight with ZVZZT and it does buy as many shares as I can afford at a predefined price. It was 10$ per share, with 750 in the script I purchased 75 shares. 

So ur hot keys work in a live acct with a TEST stock?

fabulous !! my A.D.D. tripped in when recalling the symbol name.

Thks to Justin for finding correct name.

12 hours ago, Alastair said:

So ur hot keys work in a live acct with a TEST stock?

fabulous !! my A.D.D. tripped in when recalling the symbol name.

Thks to Justin for finding correct name.

I wish it was a live account, but I won't be doing that for a few months, it was my demo account. I can "buy" it but it doesn't get added to my positions or take any of my demo money. 

On 5/1/2020 at 7:58 PM, Romell Roberts said:

From the old DAS Trader Pro User Manual

NASDAQ TEST SYMBOLS

NASDAQ provides a number of test symbols. You may use these symbols to practice order entry, and to test your system. These are not real securities. All NASDAQ orders may be entered on these test symbols. Real executions are possible. However, Market Makers seldom bother to fill SelectNets on test symbols. Please use this NASDAQ service responsibly.

The following is a list of NASDAQ test symbols:

TEST TESTB TESTE TESTX ATEST

Thank you@Abiel, I tried those a little while ago and they didn't work for some reason, no price showed up so I couldn't trade them. It could've been because I was using the limited 14 day trial version, I don't know, but ZVZZT (usually costs around 10$ per share) worked out well with smoothing out most of my hotkey issues. 

• Like 1