Hello,

I am tryin to run the DAS trader pro simulator on my Mac.  At first I had downloaded Parallel Desktop and DAS and it seemed to work fine for the first couple of days, until finally DAS would no longer open.  I tried uninstalling and re-installing and it did not seem to work either.  I also emailed DAS support and they told me that DAS only ran on windows software and nothing else.  I then downloaded bootcamp to run Windows, and once I was on it I was not able to connect to Wifi.  Does anybody run DAS on any of these programs or have any suggestions?

Hi Riley, all I can advise on is that you do not want less stable OS's like book-camp etc running your trading platform. I suggest simple building/buying a dedicated trading computer ~$500 (like Andrew recommends in his classes) while you learn to trade. Even if you get things working, stability could still be an issue and the last thing you want is to load up DAS on your phone to exit a position because your desktop crashed.

10 minutes ago, Brendon said:

Hi Riley, all I can advise on is that you do not want less stable OS's like book-camp etc running your trading platform. I suggest simple building/buying a dedicated trading computer ~$500 (like Andrew recommends in his classes) while you learn to trade. Even if you get things working, stability could still be an issue and the last thing you want is to load up DAS on your phone to exit a position because your desktop crashed.

Good points Brendon.  I was debating getting a new setup already so maybe that will be the best option.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brendon said:

you do not want less stable OS's like book-camp etc running your trading platform.

You know I love you Brendon... But I couldn't disagree more in respect to Bootcamp and it's stability.

There is zero difference between running Windows on your mac laptop and running it on a Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc.. Macs have the same components that any "Windows" PC has. Intel chip, Nvidia/AMD graphics, some other brand's ram, Samsung's SSD. Apple provides the drivers for these components to interface with the Windows OS, the exact same way as Dell or any other company do.

2 hours ago, Riley Hextell said:

Once I was on it I was not able to connect to Wifi.  Does anybody run DAS on any of these programs or have any suggestions?

You simply need the Windows Support Software (the drivers) on a USB key (link). Once Bootcamp is installed insert the USB key, install the drivers and everything will start working properly. Wifi, trackpad, bluetooth, sound, etc.

• Thanks 1

Ahh the last time I used it was in 2008 on my roomate's college macbook, I may be a little behind 😕 Things never worked right on it. Just saying what I would do, never trusted those Apples after the Macintosh Plus 1MB was released. 

I agree with Justin, I ran DAS on an old 2012 MacMini as a backup PC, Booting windows direct via bootcamp (instead of  a virtual machine) was much faster and more stable than using a virtual machine. Running, OSX, Parallels and Windows takes forever to load and eats up memory, I ended up with a load of windows swap files which slowed program execution down to HDD speeds and depending on the application stability issues.

All Bootcamp does is partition the HDD and update / manage the machines Master Boot Table, it's not an OS or virtual machine. Drawbacks are that you can't run OSX and any of its apps whilst booted in windows and you have permanently assign some of the HDD space to a windows installation. 

If at all possible I would go with a wired network connection, I never tried using wifi on a MAC / Windows virtual machine, but I imagine it would be managed by OSX Air Port and shared with the windows VM, more potential for lost packets and stuff to go wrong. Booting in windows direct the wifi adapter and connection will be managed by windows.

Edited by jonosg