Hi everyone,

My DAS platform has a recurring problem.  Every couple of days, it starts stuttering like crazy.

To fix the problem, I have to close my DAS Platform, delete the GlobalTrendline.dat and restart DAS.  It then warns that it cannot open the trendline file, I click OK and everything is back to normal, except that I lost all my trendlines.

If I move the file in and out of the folder, the problem comes and goes, so it confirms that the problem is contained in that file.

It happens randomly so I can't just reproduce it whenever I want to but it seems to be happening more often a couple of seconds / minutes after I add a trendline or edit a trendline on a chart, and more often at the open, but that may be because that's usually when I use the trendlines the most.

What bugs me is that DAS doesn't seem to be writting to that file during use.  It only saves to it when you close the platform.  So basically it would mean that the problem is floating in memory and only gets saved to the file when I close the platform.  So the problem doesn't seem to come from writting to the file or the file getting corrupted.  The file is only doing its job and it saves the corrupted information as well as the good information apparently.

Anyone having the same issue with the platform?  I tried multiple versions already and they all do the same thing for me.  It's costing me trades and losing all my trendlines every few days isn't fun at all so if I can't get it resolved I will start looking at the Sterling platform.

Thanks

Wow, i had/have this exact same problem.   I thought it was in my head. LOL

My solution:  Every time I shutdown DAS I have to shutdown/restart my computer. 

It seems to be a memory problem. They not managing memory properly.  U will notice tht horizontal lines are also jumping around ur charts then settle back to its correct location.  If u delete tht file u lose ur trend lines and horizontal lines.

So in summary restart ur computer each morning.  I will submit this to DAS coz it does annoy me, but the work around is to restart computer. DAS Charting Module is buggy.

Check out my new threads "DAS Bugs, Fixes and Enhancements"  also "Trade Ideas Bugs, Fixes and Enhancement"

Edited by Alastair Mowatt

32 minutes ago, peterB said:

i would suspect also an antivirus as it concerns a file

The problem happens during use of the application and the file is only written to when the application is closed, so the file can't be the source of the problem.  Also, I don't have any special antivirus software.  I'm using the default one that comes with Windows 10.

17 hours ago, Alastair said:

Wow, i had/have this exact same problem.   I thought it was in my head. LOL

My solution:  Every time I shutdown DAS I have to shutdown/restart my computer. 

It seems to be a memory problem. They not managing memory properly.  U will notice tht horizontal lines are also jumping around ur charts then settle back to its correct location.  If u delete tht file u lose ur trend lines and horizontal lines.

So in summary restart ur computer each morning.  I will submit this to DAS coz it does annoy me, but the work around is to restart computer. DAS Charting Module is buggy.

Check out my new threads "DAS Bugs, Fixes and Enhancements"  also "Trade Ideas Bugs, Fixes and Enhancement"

I shutdown my computer every night so that's not it for me.

Honestly, its hard to debug problems tht cannot be consistently replicated. That was the main reason I have not submitted my version of problem to DAS and just did my work around.

If y can capture an example on screen capture tht would help them investigate issue.

I will probably mention to them in passing (with my other batch of bugs/fixes/enhancements/dreams), but without any evidence I doubt they would look at it.

I sent them the file GlobalTrendline.dat when the problem was present and they said the file was corrupted.  Then they asked me to install the newest beta version and to report back if the problem happens again.

I was kinda scared to work with a beta vesion so I just didn't do it, until today.  Will see next week if the problem is still there in 5.0.5.5 but I don't see why it wouldn't be as it doesn't seem like they changed anything to try to fix it.

If you want, I can send the file to you so you can try it out on your system and see if it does the same problem.  All you have to do is backup your GlobalTrendline.dat file and put mine in its place and restart DAS.  But you need market data coming in to notice the stutter so you would need to try that on monday.

If u delete the file, GlobalTrendLines file, DAS will recreate new one when starting up (with a small notice) so the corruption, if tht is true would go away.  DAS SOP is to ask trader to reinstall with latest.

I did this initially but then i use it so much, horizontal lines and trend lines, I cannot afford to delete mine again.

tht version number u mentioned above is correct ? 

U can install in NEW directory BUT be careful as the desktop icon/shortcut will be pointing to latest installed version.

You wouldn't have to delete yours to test mine, you can just copy yours in a safe place, then put mine in the DAS folder.  Once you're done with the test, you just put yours back in place and everything is back to normal.

All of your lines are in this file.  You can copy it and have a backup in case anything happens.

That version number is correct: http://www.dastrader.com/download/beta/DASInstallIBCO.5.5.0.5.exe