Hello everybody!

My name is Riley and I am super excited to start trading with this community.  I am brand new to day trading and have been debating getting into it for around a year now.  I would love to get some tips from you guys on what brokerage you are using, what a good setup would look like, and any other tips you guys can think of.  Currently I have an account with Robinhood but I dont know if that is the best option for day trading.  Also I only have a laptop currently, so recommendations to types of desktops, monitors, etc would be appreciated.  

1 hour ago, Riley Hextell said:

Hello everybody!

My name is Riley and I am super excited to start trading with this community.  I am brand new to day trading and have been debating getting into it for around a year now.  I would love to get some tips from you guys on what brokerage you are using, what a good setup would look like, and any other tips you guys can think of.  Currently I have an account with Robinhood but I dont know if that is the best option for day trading.  Also I only have a laptop currently, so recommendations to types of desktops, monitors, etc would be appreciated.  

Are you using a simulator yet? The DAS sim would be my first recommendation. 

I have been day trading on my laptop for 2 years now and I haven't grown out of it yet. I do have the laptop running two external monitors. 

The community recommends the DAS platform with Interactive Brokers or CMEG for day trading. Check the links on the BBT site for recommendations:

https://bearbulltraders.com/simulators/

https://bearbulltraders.com/software-brokers/

Hi,

the same, I started for some weeks ago, I’m doing a lot of reading. Had Andrew’s first book cleared, starting the second one. 
I will be running my day trading on a mac with Parallels desktop and windows 10, a second screen of 22”. I made my mind when it comes to the broker and to the platform, CMGE and DAS.

@Rob C are you using trade ideas?

thanks

8 hours ago, Rob C said:

Are you using a simulator yet? The DAS sim would be my first recommendation. 

I have been day trading on my laptop for 2 years now and I haven't grown out of it yet. I do have the laptop running two external monitors. 

The community recommends the DAS platform with Interactive Brokers or CMEG for day trading. Check the links on the BBT site for recommendations:

https://bearbulltraders.com/simulators/

https://bearbulltraders.com/software-brokers/

Hey Rob, no I am not in a simulator yet.  I thought I had seen that DAS wasnt supported by Mac but maybe I am wrong.  Thanks for the recommendations though!

7 hours ago, Fabien said:

Hi,

the same, I started for some weeks ago, I’m doing a lot of reading. Had Andrew’s first book cleared, starting the second one. 
I will be running my day trading on a mac with Parallels desktop and windows 10, a second screen of 22”. I made my mind when it comes to the broker and to the platform, CMGE and DAS.

thanks

Hi Fabien,

I finished the first book about two weeks ago also and should be receiving the second tomorrow so I can read that one.  Have you been trading paper stocks? How has your experience been so far?

9 hours ago, Fabien said:

Hi,

thanks

I did actually purchase Trade Ideas my first year and did not find it useful. All I needed from Trade Ideas was already set up with the BBT scanners. So once I had the chatroom open, I just used their scanners.

• Like 1

Hey Rob, no I am not in a simulator yet.  I thought I had seen that DAS wasnt supported by Mac but maybe I am wrong.  Thanks for the recommendations though!

DAS doesn't directly run on Mac. but there are traders that trade on their Mac so there is a way to run it. I am not a Mac user so I am unsure. I thought one trader mentioned something called Bootcamp can be used.

Hi Fabien,

I finished the first book about two weeks ago also and should be receiving the second tomorrow so I can read that one.  Have you been trading paper stocks? How has your experience been so far?

Hi Riley,

I traded at Etoro for some weeks ago, but I felt that I need the basis of trading and its mindset. So far, so good, I did not start paper trading yet, as I got the second book to read. I will start practicing this weekend. I opened today a paper trading at Thinkorswim.

@Riley Hextell I do run a Parallel desktop and a windows 10 install. I will install DAS later next week. But I believe that the setup with W10 and Parallel Desktop should work for DAS. You can always tweak the virtual cpu and the RAM for better performance. You can also bootcamp, even though it's not my preference.

Edited by Fabien

2 hours ago, Fabien said:

@Riley Hextell I do run a Parallel desktop and a windows 10 install. I will install DAS later next week. But I believe that the setup with W10 and Parallel Desktop should work for DAS. You can always tweak the virtual cpu and the RAM for better performance. You can also bootcamp, even though it's not my preference.

Ok thanks.  I am not to familiar with all of that but I will look into it.

23 minutes ago, Riley Hextell said:

Ok thanks.  I am not to familiar with all of that but I will look into it.

Feel reach to reach out to me if any questions.

• Like 1