boris shalomov

LOOKING FOR HELP OPENING UP AN IB ACCOUNT

Hey BBT,

Been on here for 2 years almost and been reading and practicing on SIM all this time as well as saving up capital to open account. SO I am ready to open up an account, I was wondering does anybody have exp with IB opening up an account with them or any other brokers, like tradezero, CMEG, alliance, that use DAS, any input will be great!  

First, it is great that you have been on the SIM for so long. It is a wise thing to do. I wish I stayed in SIM longer. When opening a live account it depends on the country you are from and if they have a PDT rule (Pattern Day Trading). Some countries have a $25000 minimum due to the rule. If you don't have the 25K capital then CMEG would be the broker that the BBT site recommends. I used them for a few months and they were adequate. 

If your country doesn't have the PDT rule or your capital is above the 25K needed then IB is the way to go. Great fills and great short list. I currently use Centerpoint which I can't recommend and will be switching to IB when the markets calm down a bit. There was some talk of Andrew working with Alliance for a BBT discount but I no longer see it recommended on the BBT site so I assume it fell through or members were not impressed.

• Like 1

Hi there,

I'm new to BBTraders. My name is Joel. I'll be setting up a new IB account also. Do you have a link for instructions on setting this up, or should I just go to IB's website and do it from there?

Also, do I need to pay extra for the DAS Trader platform, or does that come free when I open the IB platform? (I'm using the DAS with the simulator now).

Thanks,

Joel

3 hours ago, TraderJoel said:

Hi there,

I'm new to BBTraders. My name is Joel. I'll be setting up a new IB account also. Do you have a link for instructions on setting this up, or should I just go to IB's website and do it from there?

Also, do I need to pay extra for the DAS Trader platform, or does that come free when I open the IB platform? (I'm using the DAS with the simulator now).

Thanks,

Joel

Hey Joel,

Just go to their website and select Open Account, it's all pretty straightforward. If there are any questions you don't understand they have a chat system you can quickly get clarification through.

DAS is an extra $150 fee ($165 with Replay mode)