Sign in to follow this  
Robert H

Day Trading Journal for Robert H

WTW ABCD - May 11, 2018

WTW gapped up and then rocketed at the open. I considered taking an ORB but it was too far from VWAP for a favourable risk-to-reward. Andrew ended up going long at 74.80 at 9:38 AM and managed to get some profit before the drop to VWAP. Shortly after, I watched an ABCD pattern consolidate with a strong support at VWAP and the 9 EMA. My stop would be VWAP at 73.80 with a target of 75.89. With an entry at 74.50, the risk to reward-to-risk was 2.0.

image.png.01ac4deac5160f8c32cdad74dfd559be.png

I accidentally took double the size and quickly sold half just above break-even. Despite my conviction that it was a long, I wasn't able to manage my risk properly with that larger size. The stock continued to make higher-highs and higher-lows and I scaled out accordingly. When it made a new 5-min low, I was all out. Unfortunately for me, that was just a quick pullback and the stock ended up hitting my target a few minutes later. Oh well--great trade nonetheless.

• Like 1

Robert, these are some really awesome trades and recaps. How do you find these trades that I miss?

Great job my friend!

Great trade Robert. If I subscribe to this topic, will I be emailed when you posts a recap? Are you aware if Brian does the same thing? Or does he just do the videos? Thanks.

Really great trade, Robert!  I’m sorry I missed this one while I was traveling.

M ABCD/Moving Average Trend – May 17, 2018

Macy's was in play yesterday as it popped to new 52-week highs. Today saw the bullishness continue with a huge ORB to the upside. I didn't take the trade, but rather waited for a pullback. Around 10 AM, I saw an ABCD forming and waited for a new 5-min high. My stop loss would be 33.95 and my initial target at 34.35. With an entry at 34.10, my reward-to-risk was around 2.0.

image.png.17042280fce5aa2022378de9df6de321.png

After the stock popped, I scaled out aggressively at 34.35. I kept some shares for 34.50 and above. With my last bit of shares, I hoped to get to a level at 34.91 so I let it ride the 9 EMA. When it tested the 9EMA at 11:30 AM, I should have gotten out but it surged back to test the HOD again. I made the mistake of walking away and came back to see it lose the 9 and 20 EMA's. I quickly sold all and closed the trade.

The ABCD was a nice clean setup and I feel that I executed the trade well. The Moving Average Trend trade was a big fail on my part as I had many signals to exit: test 9 EMA, double top, loss of 20 EMA. Lesson learned: don't leave a trend trade unattended.

I love looking at your reviews Robert - I always learn something. I’m going to have a look M now myself in DAS to check it out.

I wanted to make sure I have the right price markers on my chart - I have yesterday low, yesterday high, 2 days ago high and 2 days ago low as well a yesterday close and yesterday open. Are these the 6 that you use Rob?

Robbie, I don't have yesterday open and close. The other four are correct.

SIG VWAP False Breakout – June 6, 2018

SIG gapped up overnight and surged at the Open. However, it quickly reversed and lost the VWAP. Shortly before 10 AM, I watch it reverse (yet again) and head back toward VWAP. It made higher-highs and higher-lows and I anticipated it to break above VWAP with strength. My entry was 51.58 with a stop loss at at 51.20. With a target at $53 and beyond, my reward-to-risk was 3.6.

image.png.317146dedaf9f4aa7db3fdd0efaf22d9.png

The stock popped and continued toward $53 with no signs of slowing down. I scaled out along the way and was all out at my target. It coiled around VWAP for about 2 hours before running up to $55.35.

Paul S took the exact same trade as me--even our entry price was identical! Watch his recap here.

Robert thank you for sharing your trades.

How do you set up the volume average line in DAS?

Thx, Isaac