jonosg

Automate reporting in DAS

Hi All,

I've put my playbook / journal in an MS Access database - I was wondering if anyone has a way of automating getting the account, positions and daily market viewer out of DAS. The only way I can find to do this is by clicking export on each window separately and then typing in a name and it saves them in the das directory as .csv files. The access db automatically  queries the .csv files, uploads the data then deletes them but I can't find any hotkey or automatic process for creating them, its not really a big deal but sometimes I forget to do it.

Does anyone have a VBA, Python, C# etc script that will allow access or excel to pull them directly from DAS or a means of getting DAS to automatically generate the .csv files they care to share - if not I'll speak to DAS support.

@fab has actually created a useful and extremely simple AutoHotKey script to automate exporting the Market Viewer window! You could easily change the script to adapt to the windows you want exported instead 🙂

You sound pretty savvy already, but let me know if you need help with it!

• Like 1

Thanks Justin, I tried searching the forums before posting but couldn't find anything. I have not used AutoHotKey for about 15 years, I'd completely forgotten about it. Should be able to cobble something ugly together - programming wise I know enough to be dangerous.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2020 at 7:30 AM, jonosg said:

Thanks Justin, I tried searching the forums before posting but couldn't find anything. I have not used AutoHotKey for about 15 years, I'd completely forgotten about it. Should be able to cobble something ugly together - programming wise I know enough to be dangerous.

Hi, if the SQLite format is ok for you this application:

reads the DAS logs and saves them in a SQLite DB, which you could use to get the information about the orders and join them with the watchlist info.

In the DB for each order you would find this info:

image.png.66fa414158fa49861c8414c0854484b1.png

If you want to integrate this in a script I don't see any problems in making the DB creation available from command line.

Hi Fabio,

Sorry about the delayed response, I'll check it out, may have saved me some time and effort if i'd checked this post earlier. My app is Access / Excel / VBA but does something pretty similar and uses a Powershell / Gnunix script to parse the DAS log files and upload the relevant changes into the database tables (using an ADO command). The AutoHotKey script was very useful - thanks.