Abiel

Success Webinar Topic Requests!

keen246 - Since I'm relatively new to BBT, I'm making my way through all the videos on the site.  There's a really good one that addresses some of this under Success Webinars, it's "Week 6: Carlos - Trading in Probabilities."

10 hours ago, nikkib said:

keen246 - Since I'm relatively new to BBT, I'm making my way through all the videos on the site.  There's a really good one that addresses some of this under Success Webinars, it's "Week 6: Carlos - Trading in Probabilities."

Sure nikkib I've watched that video before. What I proposed is a more academic demostration on how probability applies to trading. For example, many people dismiss a totally good strategy because when they test it, they have 4 lossers in a raw, and probabilistically that might be totally normal. With simple probability math, you can collect some statistics and apply probability teory  to know what is a winning stratety and what is just luck.

Probability is one of those topics that most people seemingly understand, but very few take important decisions based on it. Huge businesses rely on it, and we as traders should as well.

I'd love a webinar dedicated to the journey of our mods. It could be structured as:

1.Backstory of how they got into trading

2.Their path from SIM to Live,

3. The grueling first year

4. The intermediary phase where they became more profitable

5. All the unique pitfalls they faced along the way

6. Where they currently are at now.

It doesn't have to be a webinar, but could even be a dedicated spotlight section on the website, interviewee/sleek editing style.

I think it's interesting to see how far people have come, and in their stories there are always nuggets of truth that help other traders along the way.

Sorry for calling you out mods! But you guys rock and love to learn from you guys.

• Like 3

The added psychology seminars have been very good. For most traders they are great for fine tuning their mental game. But there may be other traders like me that fine tuning may not be enough, I needed a complete overhaul....

In cases like me a Life Coach is also beneficial. No need to hire a Life Coach but using their methodology was very helpful for me. Besides mindfulnesss (which is being covered well on BBT) their other methods are:

Affirmations
Removal of internal negative talk
Gratitude
Asking for what you want correctly
Accountability
Mastermind groups
Letters to past influential people
Goal setting

So just suggesting that a seminar with a life coach may useful to some of the BBT members.

Candle patterns and their application in day trading and different time frames

Pullbacks vs Reversal 

Trade management and profitability - different approaches

I love Peter’s webinars on his strategies, his Lightning Bolt, and his doubles.

Could we get someone to do a similar type of webinar for 1 and 2 MinOrbs.....and a separate one for 5 and 15 MinOrbs?

Edited by hailchaser2

If you don’t have a mountain to climb, find one.

14 hours ago, hailchaser2 said:

I love Peter’s webinars on his strategies, his Lightning Bolt, and his doubles.

Could we get someone to do a similar type of webinar for 1 and 2 MinOrbs.....and a separate one for 5 and 15 MinOrbs?

I just found an old Carlos webinar on 5 Min Orbs

If you don’t have a mountain to climb, find one.

I 3rd the Pullback vs Reversals suggestion.  Also, would love one on what levels to keep marked on your charts and how far back to look to ID them.  I always mark previous day/premarket highs and lows on my charts, but I'm not sure I understand what other levels are most important and how far back to look to find them.  Of course this webinar would have to be titled "High and Lows Gotcha Covered" ;0)

Could you consider doing a webinar on scanners in the BBT chat and examples of how traders are using them?

• Like 1

Pre Market Preparation....  After reviewing Jarads  premarket notes, it would be helpful to see how he collects / gathers this information and expand on his thought process.

On 4/19/2020 at 12:01 AM, PilotFish said:

I'd love a webinar dedicated to the journey of our mods. It could be structured as:

1.Backstory of how they got into trading

2.Their path from SIM to Live,

3. The grueling first year

4. The intermediary phase where they became more profitable

5. All the unique pitfalls they faced along the way

6. Where they currently are at now.

It doesn't have to be a webinar, but could even be a dedicated spotlight section on the website, interviewee/sleek editing style.

I think it's interesting to see how far people have come, and in their stories there are always nuggets of truth that help other traders along the way.

Sorry for calling you out mods! But you guys rock and love to learn from you guys.

I definitely support this idea. This could be a sort of missing link for some of us. Currently, I see a lot of great trades, methodology, and analysis which I appreciate a lot. I don't see much in the way of sharing of equity curves over the months and years as someone gains consistency. I think there would be a lot to learn from that and it could be enlightening to see the realities of the learning curve good and bad from different perspectives.

I think there was a webinar similar to this done recently actually, but I don't see it posted anywhere yet and I wasn't able to catch it live due to my time zone.

I would love to have a webinar that dives a little deeper on Margin. How the rates are calculated and what the normal total purchasing buying power used by newer traders vs well seasoned traders. I feel comfortable trading with "some" margin but don't want to get myself in trouble either. Even though IB offers 1:4 ratio I would like to know if others use a smaller ratio.