KyleK29

WEB UTILITY: DAS Hotkey Line Style Configuration tool.

Thanks so much for that generator to find the code for the colors @KyleK29. Playing with the create trend line hotkey, I found you can specify the line color, line style, label text color, and label background color of the trend line. I like to have all the horizontal lines that I draw be the same color but have different text label colors. I don't draw anything except horizontal lines so I don't know if these would work the same on a trend, vertical, or Fib. 

To change the look of the line the script is- 

ConfigTrendLine ShapeType lineStyle:lineColor:lineWidth:labelTextColor:labelBackgroundColor

Here are the ones I made.

Orange label background: ConfigTrendLine horzline dotline:e60061:1:000000:e68e00; HorizontalLine; 

Pink label background: ConfigTrendLine horzline dotline:e60061:1:000000:e60061; HorizontalLine; 

Green label background: ConfigTrendLine horzline dotline:e60061:1:000000:01780b; HorizontalLine; 

1 hour ago, Andrea Finizio said:

Thanks so much for that generator to find the code for the colors @KyleK29. Playing with the create trend line hotkey, I found you can specify the line color, line style, label text color, and label background color of the trend line. I like to have all the horizontal lines that I draw be the same color but have different text label colors. I don't draw anything except horizontal lines so I don't know if these would work the same on a trend, vertical, or Fib. 

To change the look of the line the script is- 

ConfigTrendLine ShapeType lineStyle:lineColor:lineWidth:labelTextColor:labelBackgroundColor

Here are the ones I made.

Orange label background: ConfigTrendLine horzline dotline:e60061:1:000000:e68e00; HorizontalLine; 

Pink label background: ConfigTrendLine horzline dotline:e60061:1:000000:e60061; HorizontalLine; 

Green label background: ConfigTrendLine horzline dotline:e60061:1:000000:01780b; HorizontalLine; 

Yeah, that's a good tip. The labelText and labelBG items were added in a newer version of DAS after the tool was created and I haven't added them to the tool form, yet.   I'll get around to it eventually.

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

On 2/28/2020 at 1:22 PM, KyleK29 said:

Skip this post if you don't have a StreamDeck and / or aren't comfortable doing custom macros in your SD config.

Advanced Uses:

If you're adventurous and own a StreamDeck, you can do the swap automatically (so place once and then return to your default). In this example, I have the following DAS Config:

• Default Line: ALT+D  (this is: HorizontalLine, DotLine, Black, 1px)
  • Green Line: ALT+G (this is: HorizontalLine, DotLine, Green, 2px)
  • Horizontal Line Tool: CTRL+ALT+L

Using a StreamDeck extension "SuperMacro" (by BarRaider), I setup a "Super Macro" (type) hotkey in Stream Deck with this script in the Short-Press Macro box:

{{CTRL}{ALT}{L}}
{{ALT}{G}}
{{LBUTTON}}
{{ALT}{D}}

Now, when I'm on the chart, I hover my mouse pointer over where I want to place a special line (like Moving Averages on the Daily Chart), I can simply hit my GREEN-LINE Button and it'll:

• Trigger the Line Tool --> { {CTRL}}{ALT}{L} }
  • Set Line Config to Green --> { {ALT}{G} }
  • Send the Left Mouse Button --> { {LBUTTON} }
  • Set Line Config back to my Default Line { {ALT}{D} }

Thus, it's a one key operation to place the special color line.

Awesome! Kyle, thank you for this. I used this info to create a key for the risk based script and click to partial limit orders, very cool. Hover the mouse where I want it and one button execution.

The only problem I need to figure out now is how to mute this windows noise it makes every time I use the hot keys. Any advice.?

I’m loving the steam deck so far. Got to sim some more before I can trust it live... A lot more.

On 2/28/2020 at 11:22 AM, KyleK29 said:

Skip this post if you don't have a StreamDeck and / or aren't comfortable doing custom macros in your SD config.

Advanced Uses:

If you're adventurous and own a StreamDeck, you can do the swap automatically (so place once and then return to your default). In this example, I have the following DAS Config:

• Default Line: ALT+D  (this is: HorizontalLine, DotLine, Black, 1px)
  • Green Line: ALT+G (this is: HorizontalLine, DotLine, Green, 2px)
  • Horizontal Line Tool: CTRL+ALT+L

Using a StreamDeck extension "SuperMacro" (by BarRaider), I setup a "Super Macro" (type) hotkey in Stream Deck with this script in the Short-Press Macro box:

{{CTRL}{ALT}{L}}
{{ALT}{G}}
{{LBUTTON}}
{{ALT}{D}}

Now, when I'm on the chart, I hover my mouse pointer over where I want to place a special line (like Moving Averages on the Daily Chart), I can simply hit my GREEN-LINE Button and it'll:

• Trigger the Line Tool --> { {CTRL}}{ALT}{L} }
  • Set Line Config to Green --> { {ALT}{G} }
  • Send the Left Mouse Button --> { {LBUTTON} }
  • Set Line Config back to my Default Line { {ALT}{D} }

Thus, it's a one key operation to place the special color line.

Does this still work? I've tried to set this up today but the lines aren't changing. Keeps going to default. I tested it out adding 2 different line styles. Hit style 1 then add the line button. Did the same with style 2 and nothing changes. Any idea of what I'm doing wrong here?

Kyle,

I'm trying to draw rectangles, and using your tool I can draw an outline. However, I want to be able to fill it and have it fairly transparent. 

I've been trying with different variations of the script, trying to include things line Fill Interior, intfill, Interiorfill, (and many many more), but to no avail.. Cannot find ANY resources online.

I would love to be able to mark up supply and demand zones, but each time, I need to manually fill the boxes I draw and such.. 

Any suggestions?

Thank You