KyleK29

WEB UTILITY: DAS Hotkey Line Style Configuration tool.

Ever wanted to swap line styles on the fly and make a rainbow on your chart? You can do that in 5.5.0.0+. The hotkey isn't the easiest to understand, so I very quickly made a web utility for you (link below).

How to Use: 

1.  Go to URL: http://kaelmedia.com/projects/das-line-config/
  2.  Select a Line Type, default is HorzLine
  3.  Select a Line Style, default is SolidLine
  4.  Select a Color, default is Barney
  5.  Select a Width, default is 1
  6.  Hit "Generate"
  7.  Glance at the preview window and see if it is what you wanted. If it is, hit the "Copy" button and it'll be placed in your computers Clipboard. If you wish to share you creation, press the "Share" button and a special link will be placed on your clipboard to post in the forums. Example: http://kaelmedia.com/projects/das-line-config/?hotkey=ConfigTrendLine horzline dotline:035aab:1;  
  8.  Paste the copied hotkey (looks like: ConfigTrendLine horzline dotline:035aab:1; ) into your DAS Hotkey Configuration.
  9.  Optionally, bookmark or save the line so you can edit it in the future (it adds the settings to the browsers URI/URL).

How the Hotkey Works:

The hotkey as designed will swap the DEFAULT config for the Line Type chosen, each type has one default stored for the user. So if trigger a hotkey with a horizontal line with a blue color, your very next (and all following lines) horizontal line you trigger on the chart will be that configuration (blue). Because of this, I have a "default line" hotkey and a series of colored hotkeys, this allows me to toggle back and fourth.

Advanced Uses:

Go HERE.

Edited by KyleK29
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

Skip this post if you don't have a StreamDeck and / or aren't comfortable doing custom macros in your SD config.

Advanced Uses:

If you're adventurous and own a StreamDeck, you can do the swap automatically (so place once and then return to your default). In this example, I have the following DAS Config:

• Default Line: ALT+D  (this is: HorizontalLine, DotLine, Black, 1px)
  • Green Line: ALT+G (this is: HorizontalLine, DotLine, Green, 2px)
  • Horizontal Line Tool: CTRL+ALT+L

Using a StreamDeck extension "SuperMacro" (by BarRaider), I setup a "Super Macro" (type) hotkey in Stream Deck with this script in the Short-Press Macro box:

{{CTRL}{ALT}{L}}
{{ALT}{G}}
{{LBUTTON}}
{{ALT}{D}}

Now, when I'm on the chart, I hover my mouse pointer over where I want to place a special line (like Moving Averages on the Daily Chart), I can simply hit my GREEN-LINE Button and it'll:

• Trigger the Line Tool --> { {CTRL}}{ALT}{L} }
  • Set Line Config to Green --> { {ALT}{G} }
  • Send the Left Mouse Button --> { {LBUTTON} }
  • Set Line Config back to my Default Line { {ALT}{D} }

Thus, it's a one key operation to place the special color line.

• Like 4

Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

Thanks for this cool feature @KyleK29. I had set it up on the streamdeck to quickly add stop loss and daily chart lines for Intraday.  Instructions are well written and can easily be followed. 

On 2/28/2020 at 2:22 PM, KyleK29 said:

Skip this post if you don't have a StreamDeck and / or aren't comfortable doing custom macros in your SD config.

Kyle, this is awesome work again. Asked DAS for this but u have again blown it out of the water.

On the Stream deck....EVERYONE has a STREAM DECK....your mobile phone is a STREAM DECK. (Elgato Stream Deck Mobile Apple & Android) Download app from store, 30-day free trial US$2+ per month after.   Or try TOUCH Portal from app store (Iphone/Android)

Can u do this for Fib Line Tool and Fib Ext tool also so I can create Hot keys for other color coded tools.  I use Elliott waves and fibs are important in my analysis.

Another issue that u maybe able to help with, DAS passed on it after many email exchanges. Its know as a VISIBILITY feature in other charting applications. Basically in DAS u have GLOBAL and LOCAL but I would like to define a chart object (say a trend line, fib )to only show on DAILY, %M and 1M.  Lets bounce idea off each other if u have time via Skype/Zoom

Edited by Alastair Mowatt

Kyle,

Can we get control of the color of the PRICE LEVEL associated with the horizontal line pls. So the price level is the same color as the line.

Thks

Did it manually but would be helpful to others who not comfortable with scripting language.

Edited by Alastair Mowatt

Kyle,

Creating a HOTKEY for FibLine but want a BLANK line which I see in some drop down options but I need a "text" variable name to represent a BLANK.  wht would u suggest ?

Thks

Got the Fibline to work but realize u cannot define the fib level percent, only color/style/width.

The other BUG i notice is tht with MainMenu-> HotButton->Config->Command  value gets truncated with a long script when u exit DAS. So u have type in command every time u start DAS. Works fine otherwise.

On 3/27/2020 at 9:41 AM, Alastair said:

Kyle,

Can we get control of the color of the PRICE LEVEL associated with the horizontal line pls. So the price level is the same color as the line.

Thks

Did it manually but would be helpful to others who not comfortable with scripting language.

Hey Alastair / Kyle - would you guys mind sharing how to change the PRICE LEVEL highlight on the horizontal lines for levels? Not the actual price line, but the manual horizontal lines we can put in.

Thanks! 

Does this HOTKEY help ? Its been a min since I set this up....but if the below does not help I can expand.

ConfigTrendLine horzline dashdotline:1a6316:1:ffffff:1a6316 ; HorizontalLine  ;

On 3/27/2020 at 4:12 PM, Alastair said:

Kyle,

Creating a HOTKEY for FibLine but want a BLANK line which I see in some drop down options but I need a "text" variable name to represent a BLANK.  wht would u suggest ?

Thks

On 3/29/2020 at 3:06 AM, Alastair said:

Got the Fibline to work but realize u cannot define the fib level percent, only color/style/width.

The other BUG i notice is tht with MainMenu-> HotButton->Config->Command  value gets truncated with a long script when u exit DAS. So u have type in command every time u start DAS. Works fine otherwise.

8 hours ago, Alastair said:

Does this HOTKEY help ? Its been a min since I set this up....but if the below does not help I can expand.

ConfigTrendLine horzline dashdotline:1a6316:1:ffffff:1a6316 ; HorizontalLine  ;

So I've noticed that they did add this (wasn't in the changelog). I'll have to update the utility to include the price marker colors. Thanks for pointing that out. Do you know if they ever added the ability to set the levels on the FibLine (e.g. 10%, 30%, 50%)? It's not documented anywhere if they did. If you have a working one, please post it so I can see the syntax of it.

Edited by KyleK29

6 hours ago, KyleK29 said:

Do you know if they ever added the ability to set the levels on the FibLine (e.g. 10%, 30%, 50%)? It's not documented anywhere if they did. If you have a working one, please post it so I can see the syntax of it.

Ok cool.

Was not in the last chg log.  Still waiting on any of items in my last list of requests.

hey u realize DAS 5,5.1  / .2  did some upgrades to ORDER processing ?  I am sure u are.  Seems to allow for multiple trigger orders....

This seems good i can now have multiple targets defined in one hotkey. awesome. Spread my shares across multiple trigger orders

Did they give u the internal variables for easy internal manipulation of data in order scripts ?

EDIT: posted in wrong thread...sorry....

Edited by Alastair

2 hours ago, Alastair said:

hey u realize DAS 5,5.1  / .2  did some upgrades to ORDER processing ?  I am sure u are.  Seems to allow for multiple trigger orders....

This seems good i can now have multiple targets defined in one hotkey. awesome. Spread my shares across multiple trigger orders

Did they give u the internal variables for easy internal manipulation of data in order scripts ?

EDIT: posted in wrong thread...sorry....

Yes, that and the OCO order were some of my suggestions -- I had to really push their support to understand why, once it got past them the devs knocked it out within a week (most likely because the change was very simple). There is a bug though that I'm trying to get them to fix that causes some failures in the TriggerOrder / OCO order script (doesn't convert the variable to the value like it's supposed to depending the order it's seen). 

I'm trying to get them to make a few enhancements to it.

-Kyle