Sign in to follow this  
Monk

Why does Andrew have a Default Simulator Traders layout?

Why is a Simulator desktop layout offered? What is the difference in the standard layout that Andrew uses to day trade? Thank you.

Monk, the simulator layout is offered as a starting point. It is much better than the default layout that comes out-of-the-box with DAS. That being said, it does not match Andrew's since he has six screens. Because each trading station has different monitors (resolution, orientation, etc.), it is difficult to just load Andrew's layout and be on your way. We encourage you to play around and build a layout that works best for you. In time, you will find that it is better to customize your own layout rather than mimic Andrew's.

Personally, I built mine from scratch as my screen sizes were non-standard and I had to have things a certain way.

DAS Layout

Very nice setup. Its amazing how you could fit in so many stations. Are they all on just one gigantic screen?

Nice to be able to trade all the symbols that's your are following.

I'm having problem to fit in 6-8 charts and two stations on 4 monitor setup. (plus chat rooms, and webpages )

It helps a lot to be able to see how these small windows fits in nicely.  Thank you.

I notice that all the pop out windows you have are on "5-minutes" chart. Does 5-minutes works better ? Why not using 1-minutes chart?

JT, I have 2x34" ultrawide monitors stacked on top of each other. You can see my setup here.

I use the 5-minute chart since that is best for identifying setups/patterns. Once a stock catches my attention, i load it into one of the bottom two stations. These include 1-minute charts where I can get a closer look at the price action for entry/exits.