On 2/25/2020 at 3:44 PM, peterB said:

you just press the ctrl+2 on the bottom line Hotkey:

1778018189_Screenshot2020-02-25at21_44_42.thumb.png.63e34e974cd7bc05a25c161f52314119.png

peterB,

I have my hotkeys set up exactly as you've shown. Seems pretty easy to me, but they don't work. Robohound (elsewhere in this thread) said he couldn't get Stream Deck to work with TradeStation v9.5 either. Supposedly it works with v10 but neither of us want to upgrade to v10 at this point. It has too many problems. Barely beta IMO. I don't know what else I can do at this point.

William

On 9/2/2020 at 2:57 PM, peterB said:

honestly it just has to work with any software

just do the same key combination that you do in Tradestation. but keep in mind that hotkey is not a script so if you need to press the keys in a sequence then you need to set it up differently.

try to use https://www.keyboardtester.com/tester.html

to see when you press the streamdeck button if it does exactly what you need it to press for tradestation.

and post a screenshot of your key setup which is not working

image.png.8ed56c3d5fbee122e648d89c3e5c89a1.png

On 9/5/2020 at 3:14 AM, peterB said:

if you press alt+1 on the keyboard, does it work or not?

It does not work.

On 9/4/2020 at 8:38 PM, Marek Liyanage said:

TradeStation makes it easier than you might think bc you can just use your keyboard for everything. They took a nifty route to cover the need for many different hotkeys....rather than programming every single setting into separate hotkeys they use a few keys to separately control:

ORDER TYPES

PRICE

VOLUME

ROUTES

plus a few other misc variables (see image of my current config below).

This configuration gives the user a lot more flexibility...the issue with Streamdeck here is the XL gives you several levels of programming but you need to dig down a level which makes it almost like working in a DOS files and folders...w TS approach you need to know a few keys well but you have unlimited flexibility, e.g. you can set share price at the 3- or 4-digit level and then just up the ante by hitting the PgUp or PgDn key to go from 1000 to 6000.

re. Price markers for trading from charts...see the second attached infographic it's self explanatory.

image.thumb.png.19a3e132d5ca3062e4838e5de037a4c2.png

image.thumb.png.f413047e58ab4254937735610563f671.png

I hate to be stupid again, but where did u find all this? I had to create separate hotkeys for each Buy, Sell, etc. I have no separate hotkeys for changing Route or Order Type. These are all part of the developed hotkey per TradeStation. What does ur Stream Deck look like? Thanks.

1 minute ago, peterB said:

so that is your problem. not the streamdeck. just find a combination that works with your trading software

Hey peterB,

Didn't expect someone to be up so early. But doesn't all this beg the question -- why don't my TS keyboard hotkeys work w/ the Stream Deck if they work via keyboard w/ TradeStation? I guess it doesn't really matter which keys I use as long as I can understand the Stream Deck keys. Another dumb question -- How do I find a combination that works w/ TradeStation? I was looking at Marek's setup and can't figure out how he did it.

On 9/18/2020 at 8:13 AM, peterB said:

i am in Europe so thats why i am up 🙂

if you say that the alt+1 does not work from keyboard then its not a streamdeck problem so alt+1 on streamdeck does not make the difference.

it depends all on your computer operating system and adware installed. like on laptops the alt+1 might not be alt+1 or if you have a spanish or german keyboard enabled the number 1 is not 1 so it does not work.

how to find out what works. you want to have it on strange and not usual key kombinations. like shift+ctrl+B for buy order for example l. that way writing on the keyboard will not execute orders when your writing window focus is by mistake in DAS

Hey peterB, thanks for the response. I'm using Windows 10 Pro w/ no adware installed.

I use Ctrl+ for buying long (50 to 2,000 shares)

Shift+ for selling (50 to 2,000 shares)

Alt+Shift+ for selling short (50 to 2,000 shares)

Ctrl+Alt+ for buying to cover (50 shares to 2,000 shares)

Shift+Q to SellAllBidMinus2cents

Shift+B to SellAllBidiMinus4cents (Bailout)

Shift+A to SellAllAskMinus3cents

Shift+L to SellAllLastPrice

F4 to cancel the last order entered

Shift+F4 to cancel All Open Orders

Ctrl+F12 to close all positions at Market

Shortcuts for scaling in/out:

F5 to sell 50 shares AskMinus5cents

F6 to sell 100 shares AskMinus5cents

F7 to buy to cover 50 shares AskPlus5cents

F8 to buy to cover 100 shares AskPlus5cents

I have a couple more miscellaneous ones but they don't interfere w/ typing

I still don't know how I'm setting up Stream Deck incorrectly. I guess I'll keep googling to find the answer.

1 hour ago, peterB said:

so what is not working? which hotkey?

When I first started testing the Stream Deck, I started with Ctrl+1 and it didn't work. Haven't tried any of the others yet.