Carlos M.

Advanced Hotkey Webinar with Kyle!

I'll throw a couple more out there:

-Placing an alert at 1R and 2R (with R being your entry price minus your stop price).

-Partials as a percentage of original position, not remaining position.

• Like 1

Hi Kyle,

ShareCap=1000;StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare=50/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.05 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

I tried this hotkey in sim for placing a long order with $50 stoploss also a maximum number of shares is 1000, but It bought more than 1000. Can you please check is there anything missing in this script 

Thank you for creating these amazing hotkeys

Jina

On 2/20/2020 at 8:30 AM, KyleK29 said:

Just to help me shape this. What do you people want to see in terms of information? Would you rather have a breakdown of the math behind them and then show how they work in DAS, or would you like a more detailed breakdown of the actual hotkey (as ugly as they are)? I'd assume the former is better for most as it's a "concept -> application" presentation, keeping to the important bits in a concise manner.

Any other hotkeys / DAS features you want me to go over, please post here. I have a list going.

For this presentation there will be a new version of the hotkeys / configuration rolling out, so even if you're familiar you may want to check it out. I've also discussed with DAS on some modifications, but I'm not sure what the timeline is on those.

Kyle, when i choose the short-ssr drop down menu on the excel spread sheet, i don't see the price changing to Ask. did i download an older version?

31 minutes ago, hagereseb said:

Kyle, when i choose the short-ssr drop down menu on the excel spread sheet, i don't see the price changing to Ask. did i download an older version?

@KyleK29 It does look like there is a bug in the spreadsheet. Changing the short to Short-SSR doesn't change anything for dollar risk. It does work as intended for Equity Percentage.

Dollar Risk - Short:

StopPrice=Price+0.01;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Price-Bid+0.01;SShare=150/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=400;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Dollar Risk - Short SSR (The highlighted red part is not happening on the spreadsheet)

StopPrice=Price+0.01;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Price-Bid+0.01;SShare=150/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=Bid+0.01;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=400;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Equity Percentage Risk - Short:

StopPrice=Price+0.01;DefShare=BP*0.97;Share=DefShare*0.167*Price*0.01;Price=Price-Bid+0.01;SShare=Share/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=400;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Equity Percentage Risk - Short-SSR (The highlighted blue part is working in the spreadsheet)

StopPrice=Price+0.01;DefShare=BP*0.97;Share=DefShare*0.167*Price*0.01;Price=Price-Bid+0.01;SShare=Share/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=Bid+0.01;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=400;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Justin said:

@KyleK29 It does look like there is a bug in the spreadsheet. Changing the short to Short-SSR doesn't change anything for dollar risk. It does work as intended for Equity Percentage.

Dollar Risk - Short:

StopPrice=Price+0.01;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Price-Bid+0.01;SShare=150/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=400;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Dollar Risk - Short SSR (The highlighted red part is not happening on the spreadsheet)

StopPrice=Price+0.01;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Price-Bid+0.01;SShare=150/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=Bid+0.01;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=400;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Equity Percentage Risk - Short:

StopPrice=Price+0.01;DefShare=BP*0.97;Share=DefShare*0.167*Price*0.01;Price=Price-Bid+0.01;SShare=Share/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=400;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Equity Percentage Risk - Short-SSR (The highlighted blue part is working in the spreadsheet)

StopPrice=Price+0.01;DefShare=BP*0.97;Share=DefShare*0.167*Price*0.01;Price=Price-Bid+0.01;SShare=Share/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=Bid+0.01;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=400;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

thanks Justin. this is why BBT is the best trading community - everyone helping one another.

7 minutes ago, hagereseb said:

thanks Justin. this is why BBT is the best trading community - everyone helping one another.

100% 💪

I still completely advise getting the hotkey from the spreadsheet yourself though (I just pasted them for reference). Simply make the change that I've highlighted. 👍

Hello,

Sorry for being a bit lazy and might have missed it as I am sure this is somewhere on the forum.
Can you please let me know the script of quickly flipping your position from long to short (short to long)? Of course, I am going to use the same size as the one I've started with.

Thanks in advance!

19 hours ago, q3Maverick said:

Hello,

Sorry for being a bit lazy and might have missed it as I am sure this is somewhere on the forum.
Can you please let me know the script of quickly flipping your position from long to short (short to long)? Of course, I am going to use the same size as the one I've started with.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Maverick, I think this has been discussed before, and the consensus was two things:

1. There isn't a way to do this programmatically. But if you enter with a hotkey 100 shares long, you can simply have another hotkey for 100 shares short.

2. This isn't recommended. Quickly flipping your position is an indication that you don't have a strategy or plan going into a trade. You are best served to get stopped out and then find another trade that fits your plan.

hello, can someone help what is wrong with my hotkey it need to buy with stoploss order:  it buys correctly and make stoploss order but route  is smats route (not stop market) and it not sell it when needed:

StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare=10/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.05 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

20 minutes ago, Peter said:

hello, can someone help what is wrong with my hotkey it need to buy with stoploss order:  it buys correctly and make stoploss order but route  is smats route (not stop market) and it not sell it when needed:

StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare=10/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.05 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

In the "Setup & Instructions" tab choose your route in "Route" field.

thankyou, if you are so king it would be very helpful for me, if you could copy here two basic hotkeys:

i dbl click on the chart and then hotkey and it buys with 10 dollar risk and makes stoploss market order.

for both direction buy and sell.

22 minutes ago, Peter said:

thankyou, if you are so king it would be very helpful for me, if you could copy here two basic hotkeys:

i dbl click on the chart and then hotkey and it buys with 10 dollar risk and makes stoploss market order.

for both direction buy and sell.

Peter you really need to use Kyle´s spreadsheet here, because there are a lot of settings you need to use according to your account size, buying power, etc. etc. etc.

Long:

StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.249999999999999;Price=Ask-Price+0;SShare=10/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0.03;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=0;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.3 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Short:

StopPrice=Price+0;DefShare=BP*0.249999999999999;Price=Price-Bid+0;SShare=10/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=bid-0.03;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=0;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0.3 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

On 2/20/2020 at 9:30 AM, KyleK29 said:

Just to help me shape this. What do you people want to see in terms of information? Would you rather have a breakdown of the math behind them and then show how they work in DAS, or would you like a more detailed breakdown of the actual hotkey (as ugly as they are)? I'd assume the former is better for most as it's a "concept -> application" presentation, keeping to the important bits in a concise manner.

Any other hotkeys / DAS features you want me to go over, please post here. I have a list going.

For this presentation there will be a new version of the hotkeys / configuration rolling out, so even if you're familiar you may want to check it out. I've also discussed with DAS on some modifications, but I'm not sure what the timeline is on those.

Kyle,

Somewhere i read in a forum string that you add the montage name to your hotkeys to ensure order is sent thru your trading montage. can you show how that script is added to the key? 

Hi @Justin Just a quick question about SSR script for kyle's hotkeys.  Why are you using BID+0.01 instead of ASK?  My understanding is your order will get filled as long the price goes up. Thanks for your support, man!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, edequev said:

Hi @Justin Just a quick question about SSR script for kyle's hotkeys.  Why are you using BID+0.01 instead of ASK?  My understanding is your order will get filled as long the price goes up. Thanks for your support, man!

Hey, that was the case before the SEC changed it back in November 2010. Now shares of a stock cannot be sold short at or below the best bid when it's on SSR.