Carlos M.

Advanced Hotkey Webinar with Kyle!

Many of you might have already heard of the fantastic DAS Dynamic Hotkey (aka Kyle's Hotkeys), which allows you to place trades setting by fixed dollar amount or percentage you want to risk on each trade. These dynamic scripts take a lot of work of your hands and allow the DAS Trader Pro platform to do all the thinking and calculating for you. Saving you time and allowing you to focus on the actual trade, which is far more critical.

Kyle is kind enough to host a Success Webinar for us on Wednesday, March 4th at 8:00 pm. The webinar will structure in two parts, the first session will breakdown the latest dynamic hotkeys, how they work, and the expected action. Part two will be a Q&A in regards to these hotkeys. 

To better prepare, we asked that you post questions you might already have about these hotkeys below so that Kyle can review before his webinar.  

Thanks!

PS: If you are not yet aware of Kyle's hotkeys, below is the post link. 

https://forums.bearbulltraders.com/topic/716-das-dynamically-calculate-shares-on-risk-or-risk-hot-key-configuration-updated-91019-v21/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just to help me shape this. What do you people want to see in terms of information? Would you rather have a breakdown of the math behind them and then show how they work in DAS, or would you like a more detailed breakdown of the actual hotkey (as ugly as they are)? I'd assume the former is better for most as it's a "concept -> application" presentation, keeping to the important bits in a concise manner.

Any other hotkeys / DAS features you want me to go over, please post here. I have a list going.

For this presentation there will be a new version of the hotkeys / configuration rolling out, so even if you're familiar you may want to check it out. I've also discussed with DAS on some modifications, but I'm not sure what the timeline is on those.

Edited by KyleK29
  • Like 3

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

Hey Kyle, I look forward to the new version! Sounds exciting. I think what would be most helpful to members would be:

--Examples of you customizing the hotkeys (a few common ones) live in excel, entering them in DAS with the proper montage setting, then how to use them. Also converting Andrew's hotkeys from the classes using your settings. 

Most of which you have gone over before, but it's always best hearing the teacher again.

Thanks! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KyleK29 said:

Any other hotkeys / DAS features you want me to go over, please post here. I have a list going.

How about one for shorting a stock on SSR? 

13 minutes ago, peterB said:

shorting on ssr is just replacing the price of bid to ask in the hotkey syntax

Okay, so if I'm using Kyle's hotkey, and my script is currently:  

StopPrice=Price+0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Price-Bid+0.00;SShare=100/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0.05 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

I would change the bolded part to Price=Ask?

This is fantastic Kyle... your keys have been a great "safety net" for me as I transitioned live a month ago. 

So, I am wondering what is the best/quickest way to alter (or do I need to cancel the stop initially set) the stop if I partial out to match the current shares held. At this point, I just cancel the stop and go manual. I dont want to be surprised by getting filled in an unintended direction.

I would also like to see how well it works to use your keys with the new DAS feature that lets us move the stop by dragging it in the chart and what that does to your risk.

On a few occasions, it seems the keys do not work in the premarket - I have had the stock blow past the stops (both long, short ,live and sim)... is this some random glitch anyone has noticed or me being a newbie and not fully understanding slippage and fills?

Last question... which is better for speed: hot buttons or hot keys?

Thanks, Shelly

Thanks Kyle, a DAS feature that I would like, is pre market hi/lo study. I have found a study on this forum for TOS but not DAS.

hi/lo of day doesn’t work because it moves throughout the day.

If you don’t have a mountain to climb, find one.

12 hours ago, hailchaser2 said:

Thanks Kyle, a DAS feature that I would like, is pre market hi/lo study. I have found a study on this forum for TOS but not DAS.

hi/lo of day doesn’t work because it moves throughout the day.

This is one I can answer.  You can add the pre-market high/low as price levels on your charts.  Just right-click on a chart, click Study Config, then select PriceMarker.  The dropdown menu has options for both PreMkt High and PreMkt Low.  I think older versions of DAS didn't have this, but the current one does.  Make sure your DAS version is up to date.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, evan said:

Okay, so if I'm using Kyle's hotkey, and my script is currently:  

StopPrice=Price+0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Price-Bid+0.00;SShare=100/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0.05 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

I would change the bolded part to Price=Ask?

@evan @peterB There is actually the option for short SSR built right into Kyle's hotkey file. It's just in a drop down on the Hot Keys tab.

ShortSSR.png.bec6fe3aee68ccfd84b35ec5982cbbe1.png

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Brendon said:

Hey Kyle, I look forward to the new version! Sounds exciting. I think what would be most helpful to members would be:

--Examples of you customizing the hotkeys (a few common ones) live in excel, entering them in DAS with the proper montage setting, then how to use them. Also converting Andrew's hotkeys from the classes using your settings. 

Most of which you have gone over before, but it's always best hearing the teacher again.

Thanks! 

Gotta agree with Brendon here. I think it should focus on examples and implementation. I don't think many people in the community will be interested or even understand the Math and the Breakdown of the hotkey itself...

I am interested in attending the success webinar. Is there a registration link? 

Kyle, thx for your hotkeys! I have just started using them today in simulation and will practice in replay mode this weekend to get familiar with the executions. 

Would it be possible to go over how to create a long limit order .20c above the stop-price (double click-to-trade on the chart) which dynamically calculates the shares based on $ risk. 

I am using the following command as a template:

Long with $20 risk per trade:

StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare=20/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;

Kyle,

Is there a way to automatically draw a line on a chart at your expected stop price? I saw on another post that you use such lines for reference when you are trading. 

Do you draw the lines manually?

Thanks

Rahul

Hi Kyle, I messaged you this a looong time ago and it could require a lot more scripting, but would be a great feature.

This feature would allow you to have multiple scale out pending orders with 1 stop order at a fixed price (average cost, b/e, or another price figure).

After a scale out, your stop order, which would of been sent to the market with Kyle's Keys, would again resend to the market depending on your current position size...so after 1 scale out your number of shares for your stop order would recalc and resend to market and after 2 scale outs, etc. 

Say you are long 300 shares @ $10 and want to scale out 100 shares at $10.30, 100 shares at $10.60, and the last 100 shares at $11.00 but want your stop to be at say be at b/e $10. 

And the stock hits your first two targets $10.30 and $10.60 but then failed and went back down to hit your STOP at $10. 

My question: is it possible to have the pending STOP orders calc your current position size, which is now 100 shares, not the original 300 shares? (Cancel and resend to the market after you're 'in the money stops' are triggered)

Not really related to Kyle's Keys, but could be a new project if it would be practical

4 hours ago, FT81 said:

Kyle,

Is there a way to automatically draw a line on a chart at your expected stop price? I saw on another post that you use such lines for reference when you are trading. 

Do you draw the lines manually?

Thanks

Rahul

If you enter a hard stop into the market, DAS automatically draws a horizontal line at that price level.  If you prefer to have "mental stops", you can draw the lines manually:  Right click within a chart, hover over "Trend Lines", click "HorizontalLine", then click the level on the chart where you'd like to place the line.  Alternatively, you can use the toolbar at the top of your chart: Click the dropdown arrow next to the pencil icon, then select "HorizontalLine" in the dropdown menu.  

Edited by evan