Restretch

Das Replay & Bad Habits

Started day trading and learned a lot of bad habits counter trending Andrew and all of the other good mods in the room for some reason.  Who knows why except in real life I tend to go against the grain so to speak.  Anyway, I have spent the last two years undoing them and let me tell you what that is a pain in the butt.  Recently Das gave us the replay feature and with journaling/recording trading days I have been able to better identify the good and the bad.  Obviously the replay lets us go in and replay the previous day or week but I believe the best part is you can speed it up.   For instance,  I have been playing the whole previous week of given stocks and I discovered a few things such as time frame entries based on pre-market action,  how time and sales slows down and speeds up around breakouts, and lots other things.  Most importantly I don't have to spend hours correcting my bad habits because I just speed forward and see how my entries workout.  Otherwise back test them quickly and stick them in the journal.

• Like 2

If I have an exceptionally funky day I will use the replay feature and trade a stock in real time with no time acceleration.  

This is because my poor entries are usually born out of impatience.  I think this is true for a lot of people.  

Edited by Bailey Nevener
Incoherent