banjo597

Trading Sim or DAS Replay

Ok so i have been looking into practicing previous stocks and was informed that TradingSim was pretty well into practicing. But now i heard that DAS Replay is coming and since i'm already using DAS, it would be great into practicing in the weekend to get that trading finetuned. Now my question is should i wait for DAS Replay to be fully available first or should i get TradingSim for the year. I'm currently using CMEG DAS version so i can't use the Replay currently available. but i'm also afraid of waiting for it to come out and not being 100% ready with Level 2 and be waiting on updates to have it ready, where as tradingsim is pretty much ready to practice and i could wait til next year for DAS to be optimized. What is the current progress with the one on BBT?

On 1/31/2020 at 5:47 PM, banjo597 said:

Ok so i have been looking into practicing previous stocks and was informed that TradingSim was pretty well into practicing. But now i heard that DAS Replay is coming and since i'm already using DAS, it would be great into practicing in the weekend to get that trading finetuned. Now my question is should i wait for DAS Replay to be fully available first or should i get TradingSim for the year. I'm currently using CMEG DAS version so i can't use the Replay currently available. but i'm also afraid of waiting for it to come out and not being 100% ready with Level 2 and be waiting on updates to have it ready, where as tradingsim is pretty much ready to practice and i could wait til next year for DAS to be optimized. What is the current progress with the one on BBT?

@banjo597 My broker is also CMEG and I noticed (of course right after spending $300 on BBT simulator) that my DAS Trader provided by CMEG "Traders Elite Pro ETFA" now has Replay feature. My version is 5.5.0.3.

Ive just started my 14 day free trail with DAS (version 5.5.2.3) and cant find the replay function.  Does the 14 day free trial not have it?

Does the discounted 3 month DAS SIM I paid for thru BBT (but have not yet activated) have it?

Or do I need CMEG as a broker to get it?

Is it advisable that I get the replay feature if I am just starting out on Sim?

Matt

Edited by mlestina

1 hour ago, mlestina said:

Ive just started my 14 day free trail with DAS (version 5.5.2.3) and cant find the replay function.  Does the 14 day free trial not have it?

Does the discounted 3 month DAS SIM I paid for thru BBT (but have not yet activated) have it?

Or do I need CMEG as a broker to get it?

Is it advisable that I get the replay feature if I am just starting out on Sim?

Matt

Matt, the replay feature is a $15/mn add-on to the base DAS Trader demo subscription. You can email DAS trader support and they can add it to your subscription. During the work week they did it for me within a couple hours.

Jason,

Thanks.

I have another question regarding Replay.

I was just watching Peter's July 9, 2020 video entitled "From the Beginning: Setting Up a Trading Plan", and at about 26:55 into the video, he says:

"Leverage our Replay Practice that we've got, it is something that we recently set up.  The Replay Practice you can find in our [i.e. BBT's] Education Center, and it gives you sample trades you can take. The team has done a great job to set this up and give you a suggestion of great trades that you can take.  These trades will leverage different types of trading strategies to make them work. It is a good way to figure out if a given strategy is feeling comfortable to you because we sort of set up these practice sessions if you will. "

I tried looking for these in BBT's Education center but I couldn't locate them.  Could someone please tell me where I can find them?

Or is it better to ask Peter directly?  Or must I have the 3 month Sim subscription first to access them? 

Matt

As an update, I think I got this question answered by the on line customer support Chat.  Essentially, they said that the thing Peter was referring to on his 7/9/20 video at 27 minutes was at https://bearbulltraders.com/simulator/ where, under the banner "Weekly Practice" several trades are described.  Also, the following link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O85A_qpqaj0  is where this DAS replay feature is described by BBT.  Apparently, there are no videos of replays from BBT posted on BBT website or elsewhere, it is just the descriptions of trades under the Simulator BBT page.

I hooked up with Peter in the Chatroom Mon Oct 12 afternoon and he said, "I actually meant the Weekly practice. I don't think there were any videos, just trade suggestions."

I think this clarifies this.

Matt

Edited by mlestina

8 hours ago, mlestina said:

As an update, I think I got this question answered by the on line customer support Chat.  Essentially, they said that the thing Peter was referring to on his 7/9/20 video at 27 minutes was at https://bearbulltraders.com/simulator/ where, under the banner "Weekly Practice" several trades are described.  Also, the following link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O85A_qpqaj0  is where this DAS replay feature is described by BBT.  Apparently, there are no videos of replays from BBT posted on BBT website or elsewhere, it is just the descriptions of trades under the Simulator BBT page.

I hooked up with Peter in the Chatroom Mon Oct 12 afternoon and he said, "I actually meant the Weekly practice. I don't think there were any videos, just trade suggestions."

I think this clarifies this.

Matt

Yes, the Weekly Practice here: https://bearbulltraders.com/simulator/