Robert H

How to Duplicate a Montage, Chart or Other Window

This is a very common question, so hopefully this post can be a good reference. There is a new hotkey command called DuplicateWindow which lets you 'clone' an existing Montage, Time/Sales, or Chart window. All settings like hotkey buttons, colors, fonts, etc. will be copied over.

How to:

-Go to menu Setup > Hot key

-Add New Item

-Enter a Name and Hot Key. In the Script Field, enter DuplicateWindow

-Press Commit

DuplicateWindow

Now you can simply select the window you wish to duplicate, then press the hotkey (CTRL+D in the above example). And voila, attack of the clones!

Clones

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Perfect, I read this right after spending half an hour creating 4 Montage windows and manually adding all the hotkeys and changing LVL 2 shading haha

• Haha 1

Found another way! This makes it easy to do if you would like to open the same montage in a different tab. Right click on the header of the Montage and click SAVE AS DEFAULT. Open a montage in a new tab, right click the header again and click LOAD DEFAULT. You will have loaded the montage from your original tab then you can duplicate as much as you want. This also works with charts!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

What am I doing wrong? The steps couldn't be simpler, but I can't get this to work. I've tried using several different hotkeys as well as CtrlD. Is there another setting I need to enable? Thanks.

Greg, which version of DAS are you on? Go to Help > About.

I think the DuplicateWindow feature was only added as of 5.2.0.15. You can update to the latest version by going to Tools > Auto Upgrade.

Make sure to backup your settings via Tools > Backup Settings.

Robert, that did the trick! I didn't know about auto upgrade. Thanks so much!

On 8/9/2018 at 4:14 PM, nostalgiaguru said:

I've been wanting to copy my complete layout from my default tab to a second tab.  Sounds like this should do the trick.

Were you able to duplicate an entire tab in one go? I tried and failed. I can only duplicate individual windows. I am also interested in whether or not it is possible to display tabs individually on separate monitors. Anyone know if that is possible? 

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:33 PM, Wildfire said:

Were you able to duplicate an entire tab in one go? I tried and failed. I can only duplicate individual windows. I am also interested in whether or not it is possible to display tabs individually on separate monitors. Anyone know if that is possible? 

You can't, DAS confirmed it's impossible to duplicate tabs as of now.

Let's hope they will add this feature in the future...