Aiman

Most frequently used hotkeys

3 hours ago, peterB said:

@Trader_Jack your hotkey contains only the cancel+partial. you perhaps want to add the new stop loss order to your hotkey which is impossible because the hotkey script does not know your current stop. therefore, after you partial with your hotkey you will need to click to the chart where you want to set your (new or old) stop loss and use this hotkey

CXL ALLSYMB;Route=Stop;Share=Pos;StopPrice=Price;StopType=MARKET;TIF=DAY+;Send=Reverse;

you can use the same hotkey for Long and Short positions.

Thank you, thats really helpful 🙂 (I am quite new to all this) 

i am new at this and i apologize if this is a silly question. but i am trying to use the 1% risk  buy hot key and it is not sending the stop to the orders que: here is what i copy and pasted. am I missing something?

This is a hotkey to get into a position and send an automatic stop loss with 1% risk per trade(Long position)

DefShare=BP*0.97;Share=DefShare*0.25*Price*0.01;Price=Ask-Price+0;S Share=Share/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare; SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;R OUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=400;

thank you for the help!

-jerod 

Can you have a hotkey that creates a stop-in order above the last candle hi and a stop loss under the last candle low ? Shares = Risk unit ($ amount eg $100) / Range of the last candle  (risk)?

For the range order script below (eg Long with 2:1 range order), how would I alter them so that if the first profit target is hit, only 1/2 position is sold (so that I can then continue partialing). But if Stop Loss is hit, full position is sold.

Also, if the first profit target is hit, could a stop loss for the remaining position be set at break even?

CXL ALLSYMB;StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare=20/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;Price=Ask-StopPrice*2+Ask;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:RANGE LowPrice:StopPrice HighPrice:Price ACT:SELL QTY:POS TIF:DAY+

I've tried altering the bolded red text above to read "POS*0.5" but that affects both sides of the range. I want the profit target to be set at half and the stop loss at the full position size.

Thanks for the response @peterB. New to DAS and am trying to learn how to create the scripts themselves. In TOS, I was able to alter bracketed OCO orders with different share values and I was hoping to re-create that. 

I'm trying to create a DAS hotkey to use during after hours trading, specifically Ed's earnings play. Since the price can move so quickly, I'd like to create a script to buy (or sell short) a set number of shares (eg 100) and then create profit targets at 50% position at $1 profit, 25% position at $2 profit, and 25% position at $5 profit. Can someone help me create this? Everything I've seen involves range orders, and that's not really what I want since stops don't work in after hours (from my understanding). Thanks!

UPDATE: I think I was able to work it out on my own (worked in DAS linked to TD):

For Buying 60 shares with profit targets at half at +$1, quarter at +$2, and final quarter at +3

CXL ALLSYMB; Route=LIMIT;Price=ASK+0.05;Share=60;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;TriggerOrder=RT:LIMIT PX:AvgCost2+1 ACT:SELL QTY:POS*0.5 TIF:DAY+;TriggerOrder=RT:LIMIT PX:AvgCost2+2 ACT:SELL QTY:POS*0.25 TIF:DAY+;TriggerOrder=RT:LIMIT PX:AvgCost2+3 ACT:SELL QTY:POS*0.25 TIF:DAY+

And for Shorting 60 shares with profit targets at half at-$1, quarter at -$2, and final quarter at -$3

CXL ALLSYMB; Route=LIMIT;Price=Bid-0.05;Share=60;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;TriggerOrder=RT:LIMIT PX:AvgCost2-1 ACT:BUY QTY:POS*0.5 TIF:DAY+;TriggerOrder=RT:LIMIT PX:AvgCost2-2 ACT:BUY QTY:POS*0.25 TIF:DAY+;TriggerOrder=RT:LIMIT PX:AvgCost2-3 ACT:BUY QTY:POS*0.25 TIF:DAY+

Edited by NTrader2021

On 1/17/2020 at 3:25 PM, Aiman said:

Hello everyone! Me and the team usually get a lot of e-mails asking for the hotkeys we're using or for some simple hotkeys; Therefore, we created a list of the most frequently used/asked for hotkeys. This is just a beta and short version, and we will keep adding to it depending on your request. This list will be worked on not only by us moderators, but by you as well if you wish! Please share in the comments some of the hotkeys you use a lot which aren't in the list and we will definitely update it, you can also ask for any hotkey you think you miss, and if any member replies with it in the comment it'll be also added to the list

https://bearbulltraders.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/DAS-Video-Series-Hotkey-Scripts.pdf

The hotkeys have been tested in DAS trader DEMO account and DAS/IB, still make sure to test them in simulator before trying them live!

Thanks all.

Hello all. Sorry for the Necro post, but can someone answer a (probably) silly question?

A few days ago in the BBT Chat during market hours, one of the moderators told a member (I believe it was James) that using Kyles Dynamically Calculated Shares hotkey. I got the script and tested it out. It works how I understand it to work, but then while reviewing some of the dastrader pro setup videos, I re-watched the 1:2 Risk Reward hotkey video. This seemed to be more inline with what I originally imagined doing when I first read Andrew's book. So I searched for the Hotkey and found this thread.

This thread mentions a third script, Equalized Risk Per Trade Script, but I am unsure if it is essentially the same thing as the dynamically calculated shares hotkey?

If its not too much trouble, can someone explain in layman terms what the difference is between the three scripts? For example, does the Dynamic script not set an actual stop loss? That kind of thing.

I like the idea of using a fixed dollar amount so I get use to risking that much, especially when I go live, but I am still getting use to hotkeys and which I like best.

Thanks very much. I hope everyone has a good Memorial Day weekend.

On 5/29/2022 at 10:13 AM, peterB said:

you understand it correctly

dynamically calculated shares hotkey does not set the stop (its for mental stops) while equalized risk per trade does (hard stops)

then the third one is with attached profit taking script (hard stop with OCO profit/stop loss orders)

there is a 4th one which is equalized risk per trade with future entry (that one cannot have the profit taker attached)

Thank you very much Peter. I thought that I responded yesterday, but apparently it didn't go through. I appreciate your explanation and your help!

On 5/7/2020 at 10:51 PM, Justin said:

Hey @miktil

Totally possible! These hotkeys will sell 50%, update your stop loss to the new amount of shares, but not move it.

Long:

CXL ALLSYMB;Route=LIMIT;Share=Pos*0.5;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=StopPrice;Share=Pos-share;TIF=DAY+;SELL=SEND

Short:

CXL ALLSYMB;Route=LIMIT;Share=Pos*0.5;Price=Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=StopPrice;Share=Pos+share;TIF=DAY+;BUY=SEND

Hey Justin,

Is there any hotkey script that can do the same regardless if you are short or long, meaning, if I get long will sell 50%, and if I am short will buy 50% - this to reduce the number of hotkeys and not have separate one for long and short, not sure it is possible 🙂

On 1/17/2020 at 6:25 PM, Aiman said:

Hello everyone! Me and the team usually get a lot of e-mails asking for the hotkeys we're using or for some simple hotkeys; Therefore, we created a list of the most frequently used/asked for hotkeys. This is just a beta and short version, and we will keep adding to it depending on your request. This list will be worked on not only by us moderators, but by you as well if you wish! Please share in the comments some of the hotkeys you use a lot which aren't in the list and we will definitely update it, you can also ask for any hotkey you think you miss, and if any member replies with it in the comment it'll be also added to the list

https://bearbulltraders.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/DAS-Video-Series-Hotkey-Scripts.pdf

The hotkeys have been tested in DAS trader DEMO account and DAS/IB, still make sure to test them in simulator before trying them live!

Thanks all.

Hello, Aiman, could you direct me to the txt file please.

On 5/6/2020 at 7:10 AM, Justin said:

Hey Girish,

It's a + for short positions and a - for long positions.

Long - Cover Half - Stop loss to break even:
CXL ALLSYMB;Route=LIMIT;Share=Pos*0.5;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=AvgCost;Share=Pos-share;TIF=GTC;SELL=SEND

Short - Cover Half - Stop loss to break even:
CXL ALLSYMB;Route=LIMIT;Share=Pos*0.5;Price=Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=AvgCost;Share=Pos+share;TIF=GTC;BUY=SEND

Hey Justin,

For some reason this hotkey isn't working for me, or rather, it's working not as intended. It cover the correct percentag of the short and moves my stop loss to break even, but once the stop loss is hit it reverses my position to long. Any idea what could be causing this? pasted the script i'm using below. thanks!

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=BID -0.05;Price=Round2;Share=Pos*.25;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=AvgCost;Share=Pos-share;TIF=GTC;SELL=SEND