Aiman

Most frequently used hotkeys

Hi,

I notice the hotkeys mentioned in this forum for entering a trade are with a percentage of Buying power, or risk-oriented.

Is it also possible to create a hotkey for , let's say a $ 5,000 position? Example: I want to buy ROKu for max. $5,000. The hotkey divides $ 5,000 by the last price and rounds it down. $ 5,000 / $ 126.66 = 39.48. Pressing the hotkey will send an order for 39 shares. 

Or is this 'not done' and should I start getting used to work with risk-oriented size?

Thanks for your help.

1 hour ago, Peter de Beir said:

Hi,

I notice the hotkeys mentioned in this forum for entering a trade are with a percentage of Buying power, or risk-oriented.

Is it also possible to create a hotkey for , let's say a $ 5,000 position? Example: I want to buy ROKu for max. $5,000. The hotkey divides $ 5,000 by the last price and rounds it down. $ 5,000 / $ 126.66 = 39.48. Pressing the hotkey will send an order for 39 shares. 

Or is this 'not done' and should I start getting used to work with risk-oriented size?

Thanks for your help.

Well you should always enter a trade with a position that is appropriate to your equity.

It doesn't really matter if the hotkey doesn't do the risk %, buying power, and stop loss calculations for you. If you know you can afford that many shares, can handle a mental stop loss if it goes against you, and you wont blow up your account.... then go for it.

But.... As a new trader and you have this amazing tool that can help you with all calculations, proper risk management, and helps protect your account from blow ups.... Sounds like a good thing to use to me 🙂

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Justin said:

Well you should always enter a trade with a position that is appropriate to your equity.

It doesn't really matter if the hotkey doesn't do the risk %, buying power, and stop loss calculations for you. If you know you can afford that many shares, can handle a mental stop loss if it goes against you, and you wont blow up your account.... then go for it.

But.... As a new trader and you have this amazing tool that can help you with all calculations, proper risk management, and helps protect your account from blow ups.... Sounds like a good thing to use to me 🙂

Thanks for your comment, Justin.

Yes,  I'd like to use this tool. But, as we say in the Netherlands: I can't see the forest, because of all the trees.

There is so much information! I know there is a succes webinar from Kyle about this tool, so I'll watch that one of these days.

My question for now is:

What is the script to buy a position worth $ 5.000? 

Is that something like:

ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Ask;Share=5000/Price;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send

I will try this tomorrow (in SIM of course 😉 )

Hello,

I am currently using kyle's hot key for $20 risk for long and short.

Long - StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare=20/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.05 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+

Short - StopPrice=Price+0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Price-Bid+0.00;SShare=20/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0.05 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+

I have 2 questions -

1)

1.   If i want to sell 50% (long), is it best to use,  ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Bid-0.10 ;Share=Pos*0.5;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send
  2.  For short 50% cover, is it best to use, ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Ask+0.10;Share=Pos*.5;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send

2) If i want to add my position (during pull back) but don't want to move my stop position ( in case of short and long), is it possible in hot keys? For example, i have $20 risk but i have added another entry and my risk becomes $40, i tried in SIM today it didn't work, can anyone help me out.

I saw, the above script that Justin mentioned, can you please give me a easy example to understand it better, sorry i am newbie and learning new things day by day.

@Justin shared,

Long:

CXL ALLSYMB;Route=LIMIT;Share=Pos*0.5;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=StopPrice;Share=Pos-share;TIF=DAY+;SELL=SEND

Short:

CXL ALLSYMB;Route=LIMIT;Share=Pos*0.5;Price=Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=StopPrice;Share=Pos+share;TIF=DAY+;BUY=SEND

On 5/10/2020 at 6:34 AM, Peter de Beir said:

My question for now is:

What is the script to buy a position worth $ 5.000? 

Is that something like:

I will try this tomorrow (in SIM of course 😉 )

Hey Peter, sorry I missed this. Although I'm guessing by now you've got everything figured out?

On 6/1/2020 at 7:33 PM, Ranajit Chatterjee said:

1)

1.   If i want to sell 50% (long), is it best to use,  ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Bid-0.10 ;Share=Pos*0.5;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send
  2.  For short 50% cover, is it best to use, ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Ask+0.10;Share=Pos*.5;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send

Hey Ranaji, these would indeed sell 50% of your long or short position. The only issue is, that if you have a stop loss set, it wont update it. So if you're long 120 shares, use your hotkey to partial 50%, you'll now have 60 shares remaining, but your stop loss will still say 120. And if the stock reverses and hits it, you'll be put into a short position 60 shares.

That is why I suggested the hotkeys you posted at the bottom of your message. The CXL ALLSYMB at the beginning of the hotkey will cancel any stop loss you have set, sell 50% of your position, and then reset a new stop loss (at break even) with the correct amount of remaining shares.

On 6/1/2020 at 7:33 PM, Ranajit Chatterjee said:

2) If i want to add my position (during pull back) but don't want to move my stop position

Can I ask why you don't want to move your stop position? If you add to your position your new average price is higher. So if the stock goes back to your original stop loss position you will be in the negative.

Edited by Justin
  • Like 1

It looks like it happened to me as you have been mentioned for Issue 1). I will try it and let you know. Thanks for your help.

i understand Number 2) also, i was thinking differently and it was all wrong.

Thanks @Justin

SO i'm trying to use the scripts provided for a stop at 20 dollar loss on long position hot key

StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare=20/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.05 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+

But is not working. I'm suing the Das Pro 3 month simulator. Is there anything that I need to do different to get it to work. Also not sure if it makes a difference but I'm trying it on replay since I'm working night shift right now. Haven't tried on live trading yet.  It gives me an error saying "error: cant get valid price"

Any help will be really appreciated thanks. 

11 hours ago, jero20 said:

SO i'm trying to use the scripts provided for a stop at 20 dollar loss on long position hot key

StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare=20/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.05 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+

But is not working. I'm suing the Das Pro 3 month simulator. Is there anything that I need to do different to get it to work. Also not sure if it makes a difference but I'm trying it on replay since I'm working night shift right now. Haven't tried on live trading yet.  It gives me an error saying "error: cant get valid price"

Any help will be really appreciated thanks. 

Hey,

A couple things. First, with this script, before you hit the hotkey, you need to click on the chart where you want your stop loss to be. That might be why it's not getting a valid price.

Second you'll want to change your Route to "Limit" while in sim.

StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare=20/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.05 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+

Just as a general suggestion for those posting scripts in this thread, I recommend posting a link to the original thread you got your hotkey from ... a lot of these hotkeys have special instructions and won't work for all users (especially the ones I create, which are mainly Firm dependent). It'll save a lot of new users some headache trying to figure out a problem that may have already been answered. 

Plus, you're more likely to get help with a hotkey if you post the question in the related threads to them.

• Like 2

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

Hi,

This forum is great!  I really like the calculated loss hot key and have created buttons for the montage. 

Quick question: If I were long a position, is there a formula that would allow one to set a stop limit by double clicking the chart (like for the calculated loss hotkey) for the total amount of shares that are long and then hitting the hot key?

Ex: I buy 100 Shares of AAPL.  To create stop loss for the 100 shares, I double click the price on the chart and then hit the hotkey to create the stop limit?  

Hello,

For some reason, the auto SL order never works for me. Could anyone help? Below is the script of the hotkey

StopPrice=Price-0.01;DefShare=BP*1;Price=Ask-Price+0;SShare=50/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.3 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Thanks

On 2/5/2020 at 1:40 PM, Brothers said:

Hi @Aiman Almansoori, I'm using your hotkey:

This is a hotkey to get into a position and send  an automatic stop loss with 1% risk per trade(Long position):

DefShare=BP*0.97;Share=DefShare*0.25*Price*0.01;Price=Ask-Price+0;SShare=Share/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=400;

However it doesn't add stop loss order. Am I doing something wrong? This issue is on a 14 days trial DAS demo account. Any help would be appreciated!

20-02-05 12-32-33.png

Hello Everyone...I seem to have the same problem above...I've looked through the forum and couldn't find the answer. the Hotkey I'm using doesn't stop the loss and I keep bleeding after hitting the Stop Loss value I configured. Can someone please help?

Hello

Does somebody knows answer I am using this new hotkey what sells 25% and then automatically puts stop loss breakeven rest of the shares, it works first time perfectly, 

but second time if I want to use it again, then  montage is already changed to stop order and then its not selling again but creating some other order? if I change route back to smart limit its working again...

Script is here:

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=BID-0.05;Price=Round2;Share=Pos*.25;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=AvgCost;Share=Pos-share;TIF=GTC;SELL=SEND

Hi All, Is there a hotkey that can buy X amount in $ + set a % for max loss? Like 2% or something ?

Looking for only a LNG hotkey. This is what I have so far....taken from above. 

DefShare=BP*0.97;Share=DefShare*0.25*Price*0.01;Price=Ask-Price+0;SShare=Share/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=400;

Hi guys 

I'm using the sell 'fraction' of your order without moving stop loss to break even hot key with it set to 1/2 partial on one key and 1/4 on another key

In both when I make the order it removes my original stop loss (removes it altogether) 

Having to then manually create a new stop order is really annoying in the middle of the trade 

Does anyone know what is happening? Here are the scripts i'm using

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=BID-0.05;Price=Round2;Share=Pos*.5;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=BID-0.02;Price=Round2;Share=Pos*.25;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send

The move stop to break even partial scripts work fine btw, i'm just having trouble with the partials that don't move stop loss

Thank you!

Edited by Trader_Jack