Aiman

Most frequently used hotkeys

Hello everyone! Me and the team usually get a lot of e-mails asking for the hotkeys we're using or for some simple hotkeys; Therefore, we created a list of the most frequently used/asked for hotkeys. This is just a beta and short version, and we will keep adding to it depending on your request. This list will be worked on not only by us moderators, but by you as well if you wish! Please share in the comments some of the hotkeys you use a lot which aren't in the list and we will definitely update it, you can also ask for any hotkey you think you miss, and if any member replies with it in the comment it'll be also added to the list

https://bearbulltraders.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/DAS-Video-Series-Hotkey-Scripts.pdf

The hotkeys have been tested in DAS trader DEMO account and DAS/IB, still make sure to test them in simulator before trying them live!

Thanks all.

Edited by Aiman
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, peterB said:

hi Aiman, you need to set the security settings on the file share. It is not accessible 🙂

Thank you! Done!

Hi @Aiman Almansoori, I'm using your hotkey:

This is a hotkey to get into a position and send  an automatic stop loss with 1% risk per trade(Long position):

DefShare=BP*0.97;Share=DefShare*0.25*Price*0.01;Price=Ask-Price+0;SShare=Share/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=400;

However it doesn't add stop loss order. Am I doing something wrong? This issue is on a 14 days trial DAS demo account. Any help would be appreciated!

20-02-05 12-32-33.png

@Aiman Almansoori @Norm @Andrew Aziz @Robert H

Is there any difference between using the “LIMIT” and the “SMRTL” route with IB?
Aiman’s Google Doc and the BBT forum seems to have no logic behind using one vs. the other. 

So far, I've found the following hotkeys using each of the routes:

LIMIT Route
- Go long or short and set stop loss with fixed % risk
- Selling partial or full positions
- Covering partial or full positions

SMRTL Route
- Go long or short and set stop loss with fixed $ risk
- Go long a # of shares based on % of BP

The ones with "LIMIT" are working but is there any benefit to using "SMRTL" instead on those?

Thank you

Kykle K created some hotkey scripts for marking the levels on the chart with different colored horizontal lines. I use this instead of manually editing the horizontal line configuration each time you want a different line style. It works in the newest version of Das.

Green:
ConfigTrendLine HorzLine DashLine:00bf00:2; HorizontalLine;

Orange:
ConfigTrendLine HorzLine DashLine:ff860d:2; HorizontalLine;

Pink:
ConfigTrendLine HorzLine DashLine:ff0080:2; HorizontalLine;

Red:
ConfigTrendLine HorzLine DashLine:ff3737:2; HorizontalLine;

Black:
ConfigTrendLine HorzLine DotLine:000000:1; 

Blue Dashed Line:

ConfigTrendLine HorzLine DashLine:0000FF; HorizontalLine;

Blue Solid Line with Width of 2:

ConfigTrendLine HorzLine Line:0000FF:2; HorizontalLine;

Edited by JD
  • Like 6

On 1/18/2020 at 8:25 AM, Aiman Almansoori said:

Hello everyone! 

Me and the team usually get a lot of e-mails asking for the hotkeys we're using or for some simple hotkeys; Therefore, we created a list of the most frequently used/asked for hotkeys. This is just a beta and short version, and we will keep adding to it depending on your request. This list will be worked on not only by us moderators, but by you as well if you wish! Please share in the comments some of the hotkeys you use a lot which aren't in the list and we will definitely update it, you can also ask for any hotkey you think you miss, and if any member replies with it in the comment it'll be also added to the list! 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zLMOpPymZfydidPuu_e0HXjvMjHCUbUoaWgVWab5DO8/edit?usp=sharing

The hotkeys have been tested in DAS trader DEMO account and DAS/IB, still make sure to test them in simulator before trying them live!

Thanks all.

Hi @Aiman Almansoori @KyleK29,

I'm trying to tweak one of the hotkeys you have included in the link above for a stop limit long order, limit long order both including stop limit stoploss orders.

Some parts of the hotkey code is a bit confusing for me so would need your help and hotkey experience to make this work.

If you have some time to spare, I would be grateful and appreciate if you can help me with this.

The main concern is using limit bids/ask instead of marketable limit orders and market stops.

The first hotkey is a "long entry on limit bid" hotkey, what I need it to do is:

1. enter long position on limit bid+0.01 - on dynamic size at a risk of $20 per trade, based on the stops clicked on the chart.

2. once the long position is complete, trigger a stop limit order when price retraces back to the entry price (average cost of my shares in the long position), posting a sell stop limit order to the markets at the price I clicked on the chart.

Below is the hotkey code I tweaked (not sure if properly done):

StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare=20/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=Bid+0.01;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=100;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:LIMIT PX:StopPrice ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:AvgCost QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

I think the dynamic entry part should be correct. I'm just not too sure if the trigger order codes are correct. Specifically the "stoptype:limit" or "route=limit" part. Can you help me with this please?

The second hotkey is a bit more confusing.

This is a long entry on STOP limit hotkey, what I need it to do is to:

1. enter long position on stop limit ask+0.01 - on dynamic size at a risk of $20 per trade

2. once the long position is complete, trigger a stop limit order when price retraces back to the entry price (average cost of my shares in the long position), posting my stop limit order to the markets at the price i clicked on the chart.

below is the second hotkey code:

StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare=20/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=STOP;Price=ASK+0.01;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=100;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:LIMIT PX:StopPrice ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:AvgCost QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

For this the trigger order issue is the same as the first hotkey, I'm not too sure about the stop limit order and how that might work, do I need to add a "px:stopprice" to the dynamic long position part of the hotkey code?

Many thanks guys!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peterB said:

this would immediately close your position so you need to wait a bit if the price action moves in your direction or against right from the entry. Then it is easily possible to update the stop loss to break even.

though i do not know exactly why you need this behavior on your trades i do not recomend you to do it so because you would need only the 100% correct entries when the price goes only in your direction and not against nor sideways which is nearly impossible. there is always some spread...

Thanks for this Peter.

I was thinking of setting an entry on breakout trades. e.g. price now 10.00, set stop limit entry on 10.01, price goes to 10.01 trigger entry order go long on 10.02, price goes to 10.03 retraces to 10.02 sends trigger order for stop limit order on 9.98. the variables can be adjusted for a larger stoploss distance from entry tho.

I've been testing this hotkey which is an extension of the "Dynamically Calculate Shares on %Risk or $Risk" hotkey. It allows you to send a Stop Market order with a trigger stop loss order attached to it so that you only get into the trade with your desired risk when the price reaches your entry point (be wary of slippage). It requires two hotkey combo to execute sadly: 

1) Set entry price on chart
2) Press "Switch" hotkey
3) Set stop loss  price on chart
4) Press "Long" or "Short" hotkey to send order

Switch:

ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Limit;StopPrice=Price;

Long:

DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=StopPrice-Price+0.00;SShare=10/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;Price=StopPrice-Price+0.00;ROUTE=Stop;StopType=Market;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:Price QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Short

DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Price-StopPrice+0.00;SShare=10/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;Price=StopPrice+Price+0.00;ROUTE=Stop;StopType=Market;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:Price QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

On 1/18/2020 at 8:25 AM, Aiman Almansoori said:

Hello everyone! 

Me and the team usually get a lot of e-mails asking for the hotkeys we're using or for some simple hotkeys; Therefore, we created a list of the most frequently used/asked for hotkeys. This is just a beta and short version, and we will keep adding to it depending on your request. This list will be worked on not only by us moderators, but by you as well if you wish! Please share in the comments some of the hotkeys you use a lot which aren't in the list and we will definitely update it, you can also ask for any hotkey you think you miss, and if any member replies with it in the comment it'll be also added to the list! 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zLMOpPymZfydidPuu_e0HXjvMjHCUbUoaWgVWab5DO8/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks all.

Here is a screenshot from the doc. Just wanted to confirm if the sign should be "minus" at the red arrow

image.png.1dc8a728560df30b8dec6d81dac97c98.png

1 hour ago, Girish Kumar said:

Here is a screenshot from the doc. Just wanted to confirm if the sign should be "minus" at the red arrow

image.png.1dc8a728560df30b8dec6d81dac97c98.png

Hey Girish,

It's a + for short positions and a - for long positions.

Long - Cover Half - Stop loss to break even:
CXL ALLSYMB;Route=LIMIT;Share=Pos*0.5;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=AvgCost;Share=Pos-share;TIF=GTC;SELL=SEND

Short - Cover Half - Stop loss to break even:
CXL ALLSYMB;Route=LIMIT;Share=Pos*0.5;Price=Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=AvgCost;Share=Pos+share;TIF=GTC;BUY=SEND

• Like 1

Hey guys. I am using kyle’s dynamic hot key and would like a hot key that will allow me to partial and keep the share size of my position consistent with my stop but NOT move the stop to break even. Can you share the script for that for both long and short positions?  Thank you 

Hey @miktil

Totally possible! These hotkeys will sell 50%, update your stop loss to the new amount of shares, but not move it.

Long:

CXL ALLSYMB;Route=LIMIT;Share=Pos*0.5;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=StopPrice;Share=Pos-share;TIF=DAY+;SELL=SEND

Short:

CXL ALLSYMB;Route=LIMIT;Share=Pos*0.5;Price=Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=StopPrice;Share=Pos+share;TIF=DAY+;BUY=SEND

• Thanks 1

Hey guys is it possible to do two different range hotkeys :

1. it sells 20% -1R and +2R

2. it sells 80% -1R and +3R

forboth long and short 

idea is that i buy with hotkey and then hit nr.1 and then hotkey and nr.2  and thats it no more decisions...is it possible?