Valentin

Valentin's Day Trading Journal

21 hours ago, gtichauer said:

Tks for ur reply.....I know what u mean and I also use it, my main question was how it's calculated in DAS (I do not use it yet). Is the Actual Vol / Avg Daily Vol ? Is it some kind of comparable Volume ? like Act Vol / Avg Vol AT THAT TIME OF DAY ? 

I follow the first one one diff platforms. So if stock opens with 75% it would mean it already made (75% of it's Avg DAILY Vol) but the REAL RVOL I believe would be comparing to the same time of day....but this is kind of hardest to find on other platforms.

Tks dude....and great trading and journal.

Thanks bro!

I would imagine it is Act Vol / Avg Vol at that relative time of day. As there are times where stocks start at 500% for example, and come down to 400% or even lower - so it must be relative to time of day. 

Still testing with different RVOLs and how it impacts the stocks trading, but have defintley noticed the ones with extrmeely high RVOL to be most volatile and provide the biggest runners = try to hold longer.....but still in the works. Would love more feedback if you have any stats!

1 hour ago, Luis Servin said:

Where are your awesome journal entries?

On the way!! will be up shortly 🙂

Day 122 - Jul 7 , 2020 
14 Tickets
3 Symbols 
Green Day

Personal: Was scattered didn’t know what I wanted to play. Lots looking good but didn’t have great confidence.

Goals for the day: Playbook 100%

Watch list: Very scattered as you can see.....need to pinpoint a bit better..also ened to do a SPY and full market scan of overall conditions.

image.thumb.png.8989a6b709d763328b142532abd5289d.png

image.thumb.png.4de12cd09be1c6339f65a5a510fccabd.png

Trades

UBER - Long - Ascending Triangle (Lvl 2 - Offer lifting)

HUGE offer at 33, kept getting hit over and over, took it as it finally lifted. Partial into PDH. Looking for continuation here. SPY continuing UP and UBER is dropping. Otherwise I would be buying at the 33 retest.

Good: Good job noticing levl 2 and the big volume breaking through

Improvement: Stop was a little too wide, should be under previous pivot low - allowing to adjust stop to breakeven once 1.5R hit.

image.png.01c8b2081b0f3f1fd958ec454c811d0c.pngimage.png.f9da496579b448cc9118302943f762c2.png

ENDP - Short - ABCD Reverse

Had a big sell off but still extended to the long side. Tried to come up back to VWAP butgot rejected by PML at 4 even and threw a few shooting star dojis on the 5. Wanted to wait for VWAP but made a lower high and took it short as it was looking to breakdown.

Good: Using PML as a level

Improvement: Panic covered way too much…stop, breathe, think about why your covering - no reason to be covering. Also could have used a tighter stop - but using the level works as well.

Note: Did not follow my entry criteria - did not wait for VWAP

image.png.467864fb13e18cf9d53d2bc774c75fe4.pngimage.png.4ad736a709d3b2188adce23a04da6307.png

INO - Long - Ascending Triangle

Took INO long as we were hitting PMH over and over, finally broke and caught it as the Bids stepped above 22.6. Had a nice VWAP break, retest and hold on low volume - should be adding but it didn’t come down all the way to 22.6 so I didn’t take I - also wanted a little more consolidation, but think the quick wick and up is even better?…... Think this thing can run to HOD.  Took some off Infront of HUGE offers at 22.91 (1500lots and 22.94 1500 lots). 2nd cover was off the shooting star reversal (ok) and then took more off thinking it’s a triple top as 23 is a big resistance (not great) then took some more off on upper wicks close to HOD…and then again as it looked like it ran out of steam…..then it ran up to 7.4R max….

Good: Using PMH as a level, Lvl 2 and volume validation

Improvement: No need to panic, let it play out…if it works great, if not oh well….statistics have shown the edge. 
image.png.847cbdd77da1564080cb045b8be2569b.pngimage.png.9f1b11ef7b62b1b6c142bdd2c834fbb4.png

Trade Ideas

9:30 - WKHS - Wanted to short 15.50 breakdown. (No entry - not in game plan, 1R winner/breakeven)

9:40 - SQ ABCD into VWAP on lower volume pullback - didn’t like the indecision doiji though. Would prefer a slower consolidation. (Winner ~6.2R)

9:45 - WKHS 15.50 broke down, wait for a retest and short on the retest and failed (no Entry, but right idea)

9:47 - D ABCD at 72.5 stop below 72 - not liking the upper wicks… (Winner ~4.2R)

10:05 - INO descending triangle but not clean enough. Want a little more consolidation here 22.14 entry, 22.63 stop (1.4R move = Breakeven / Loser)

10:07 - NIO wait for a pop and reject 10.95 (No entry)

10:26 - NVAX minor descedning triangle. Wasn’t 3 touch, but nice break at 96.5 entry (No Entry - stop too wide)

10:29 - NIO ABCD off VWAP - didn’t like the major reversal volume on the 1 min and 5min, potential bottoming. (Loser)

11:28 - ENDP - Desecnding triangle, but too much support to the downside I think - broke down, could have entered at 3.77 but lots of support PDH is right there. Had a big bottoming vol and tail and then touched breakdown point to the penny….( Winner ~3R)

13:50 - NIO, thinking this has topped. 13.33 stop 13.61 (Not in Playbook, but if played would be Breakeven/minor winner at 1.9R Max)

14:27 - SQ potential Descending triangle - would like to see 126.2 testt 1 or 2 more times, and then come back aove VWAP for a tighter entry. Pivot point is too far for an entry or for a break and retest. Retest at  but volume picked up…and not a clean level. Although it did have a nice double shooting star off 126.34 (No Entry)

Trade Review

Goal 1: Playbook Setups Only = PASS

Goal 2: No Adjusting = PASS

Today seemed like a good day…felt good on my entries, trades were taking at specific levels and I would take every single one of these trades again…but then I look at my trade management, and just think wtf…..

Lately I have been looking into more and more statistics of specific setups, avg. winners, losers, W/L % and so on…and feel like I have really improved. But one thing I cannot get over is sticking to my exit strategy. Partially because I'm still bouncing between exit strategies (1- 30/40/30% at 2/3/4R or at 1.5/2/2.5R). I know it seems low, and I'm still working on it…feedback is welcome.

"Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different outcome". This is legit how I feel. I know what I need to do, just not doing it….once this report card turns to habit I will focus solely on trade management as it has proven to be very hard for me.

Things I did well: Patience on entries, additional validation (Volume, Lvl 2, Levels)

Things I did poorly: Trade management, panic profits……

Daily Report Card

1.Playbook Setups Only (ABCD, VWAP Break N Go, Triangles looking to add 1-2 more) = 3/3 = 100%

2. Placing trades with defined risk, and profit targets (No adjusting) = 3/3 = 100%

Edited by Valentin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Valentin said:

Still testing with different RVOLs and how it impacts the stocks trading, but have defintley noticed the ones with extrmeely high RVOL to be most volatile and provide the biggest runners = try to hold longer.....but still in the works. Would love more feedback if you have any stats!

No specific stats but for sure stay with high RVOLS......volume is the king !!! Good luck.....keep it safe.

Day 123 - Jul 8, 2020 
11 Tickets
2 Symbols 
Green Day

Personal: Super tired in the morning, decided to sleep in a bit (good decision). Came to screens to 6:00 and finished market prep for 6:40 - ready to go, and energized

Goals for the day: Playbook 100%

Watch list:

image.thumb.png.5923d8cce0d489af446c2844675ffd06.png

image.thumb.png.e5df7a729bbc961e6a6d71ada77af89e.png

Trades

WKHS (1) - Long - ABCD / Asymmetrical Triangle

Came back on low vol and looks like holding above VWAP at 17.5 previous high level forming a potential ABCD (and a minor descending triangle right at that level….). Took it long as it spiked up stop below VWAP. Wasn’t watching SPY at all.

Note: Entry 17.73, stop 17.34 = 17.34 0.49c

Improvement: Broke rule didn’t wait for VWAP and ABCD already happened at 9:45 this was forcing trying to make up a pattern, and wasn’t paying attention to SPY at all. Deserved loss.

image.png.faee6c138cda269e5d7ecaf9fbacb415.pngimage.png.55e4e04454299dda0f6ebb4b108cd037.png

WKHS (2) - Short - Descending Triangle (Lvl 2 Bids Decrementing)

Saw the 17 bid decrementing (1000 lots to 600 to 100) and as soon as I clicked to get ahead of it already tanked…could have gotten the 17 but wanted confirmation. Went straight to PDC as expected providing support. Huge slippage - just because I didn’t want to take the trade and trust my gut on Lvl 2…….

Good: Good job noticing opportunity on lvl 2

Improvement: Trust your gut - had playbook setup, volume validation and clear sign on lvl 2 - NEED TO TAKE IT
Note: Entry 16.85, stop 17.22 (adjusted to 17.05 - if it comes back above this now its not worked. Was looking to adjust and take some off into 16.5 big bid. No reason…there is lots of selling and sector is dropping.

image.png.faee6c138cda269e5d7ecaf9fbacb415.pngimage.png.55e4e04454299dda0f6ebb4b108cd037.png

NVAX - Short - Descending Triangle

NVAX sold off all day and found support with hidden buyer around LOD at 98.7, noticed refreshing bid over and over, took it short as soon as the bid dropped, and offer stepped below 98.7 level. Instantly dropped and hit 98. Tried to recover but on weak buying power. Made its way back down to LOD and put in major volume on a hammer, took first partial in case it was bottoming. Took another partial in front of 97 bids and again in front of 96 bids - initial target was 95.6 in front of PDL - should have just left it and waited for that to hit...... . Adjusted stop above 97 and got stopped out on final partial.

Good: Great patience waiting for this and noticing the refreshing bids at 97.

Improvement: Could be adding on the 2nd drop as it failed to pop back up. No need to be taking the 3rd partial (at 97 twice).

image.png.4fb00c9d1663b9ea0b5c0a36601e58f3.pngimage.png.bb74351b4f731eebddbfc2c823f148d5.png

Trade Ideas

9:51 - INO Asymmetrical triangle below VWAP - break above 23.12 (stop 22.79) or below 22.7 (stop 23.12) (Winner ~3.85R)

9:58 - NIO ABCD break above 14.8 entry, 14.39 stop. Target HOD 15.3 +. Didn’t like heavyish selling on the 1min. (1.3R = Breakeven / Loser)

10:05 - NKLA break of asymmetrical triangle break through 50 stop below 48.48 (too wide of a stop) and not a clean triangle. (Loser)

10:25 - NKLA still setting up for Asymmetrical - long only no short above VWAP (No Entry)

10:39 - INO break at 23.9 holding PMH and TFL. Stop would be 23.54 (No Setup = No Entry, Loser)

10:42 - WKHS Asymmetrical triangle, break above 17.55 would be a long. But NIO falling which is sector play (No Entry)

10:44 - NVAX just missed the descending triangle at 101.7 stop 102.55. Current Entry would be 101 (too far though). 10:49 Good entry right at that shooting star break….but didn’t take it, stop above 102.5 (Winner ~4.8R)

11:20 - INO minor descending triangle. Stop 23.26 entry 22.89. Target  (Loser)

12:23 - WKHS minor descending triangle at the 16.65 level but don’t like the nearest pivot -  16.76 stop, 16.62 entry (Winner ~ 4.2R)

12:48 - INO mirror level, descending triangle into 23 don’t like it as its still at a higher low (Loser)

14:35 - NIO at PDC kind of descending triangle but not really….not in my setups 13.16 entry, 13.66 stop (Winner ~2.3R)

15:31 - NKLA saw this too late, but possible entry on a pullback to 53.5 to retest and breakout…Didn’t like the failed breakout on higher vol, and way to late in the day for me to trade it. (Winner ~2R)

Trade Review

Goal 1: Playbook Setups Only = PASS

Goal 2: No Adjusting = PASS

Another day which was decent, but should have been a lot better. 1 winner, 1 loser, 1 breakeven. The loser I didn’t follow the criteria for entry which shouldn’t have been taken. The breakeven was a good trade, but hesitated on the entry and got major slippage and then adjusted stop after 1R level was reached which should have been a 2R (5R if I got in on the initial signal), and the winner which I actually played pretty well other than the trade management.

Feeling much better and much more confident, and although the urge for other setups is there I am doing quite a bit better job by holding off and not taking those trades. I think getting enough sleep has been a GAME CHANGE…now I would rather be 30-45 mins late to premarket prep (and start later) than get there early and be tired with low self control.

Things I did well: Confirmation from Vol and Lvl 2.

Things I did poorly: Waited a little too long - didn’t trust my gut on a perfect setup (WKHS Short). Not take all my setups (out of 12 trade ideas, 5 winners, 5 lowers with potential max of ~12 R)

Daily Report Card

1.Playbook Setups Only (ABCD, VWAP Break N Go, Triangles looking to add 1-2 more) = 3/3 = 100%

2. Placing trades with defined risk, and profit targets (No adjusting) = 3/3 = 100%

• Like 1

Day 124 - Jul 9, 2020 
22 Tickets
4 Symbols 
Green Day

Personal: Got to screens 5:45 after completing morning routine, felt good, on point.

Goals for the day: Report Card 100% (1-2 more weeks until its habit)

Watch list:

image.thumb.png.1214a69402240d082306a755ab36d16e.png

image.thumb.png.db61e291668e799ca55ea3fe2c59bea3.png

Trades

WBA - Short - ABCD

Sold off at the open on high vol, tried to come back up and rejected off VWAP and PML, took it short as it broke back down under VWAP (Better entry would be wait for candle to form and take on 1min low). Target LOD. Covered into LOD - good, but then panic covered and took more off……. Holding the rest for 39 big bid (panicked out another partial), and potential flush to close gap into the 38s. SPY weak as well.  Consoolidated just under 39 and formed a Descending Triangle - took a free roll add on breakdown, covered into drop and then again thinking could be potential bottom.

Good: Great patience waiting for VWAP - wanted to short the dojis but followed game plan and instead of getting stopped out got a nice winner. Also happy with the free roll.

Improvement: Trade Management - exit strategy 

Note: Free Roll add on descending triangle break (10% of shares left)

image.png.3a94ae23e6e607d52d3f154eb7dc536c.pngimage.png.f42b855be6e3579de667315de46f08d1.png

BBBY - Short - Descending Triangle / Asymmetrical Triangle ish

Break of the 8.2 level on volume, took it short but had to lighten position as I didn’t put a great stop in place….adjusted above HUGE offers above 8.38. Fake breakdown dropped and rebounded taking me out.

Improvement: Super high short float - 58% !!!!, knew this going in…profit taking will occur driving the price up on such an extended drop. Should not be in here. Deserved loss

image.png.84ab7aee00951951cf7d2bd71144fe8a.pngimage.png.d01037eb6e81698a940fe45a7cb5b8b0.png

NIO - Ascending Triangle Retest

NIO Broke out a little too quick from ascending triangle for me to get in on it. Pulled back on low vol, and ended up taking as it broke out from wedge on increased volume. Covered into Previous high and again in front of 14 level - lots of size on the ask (1200 lots +). Adjusted stop loss to breakeven, was initially putting it right under .75 level - would have held and then moved up for max of 6R…..

Good: Great patience on the entry, not chasing it and getting in too early. Very happy with that.

Improvement: Need to have a strict rule for adjusting after partials. Right now I have a loose rule and have regret after the trade….if it’s a strict rule backed by stats then I will be much better off.

image.png.f8e01bcf2c16520afe009dc0715b3336.pngimage.png.8777676dc16bfdc7c943f7f34399ecf3.png

NVAX - Short - Descending Triangle

Level has held multiple times, with selling pressure coming in. With descending triangle setting up on daily as well as intraday - idea was This thing could tank to LOD+, ended up playing EXACLTY like yesterdays NVAX Descending triangle. Was actually hesitant getting in due to low RVOL (50%) and price action was very choppy - maybe I micro managed a little too much - looking at it now, looks like a clean drop all the way through….ended up taking profits into 95.5 which has held for last 2 days and is holding back from a gap fill.

Good: Great entry as per plan

Improvement: Big idea was if we drop 95.5 this thing would flush and try to close the gap….got trigger happy and didn’t let my idea play out.  FOLLOW YOUR FKNG GAME PLAN…….
image.png.b013b00b94a816b7e6d8636323d49044.pngimage.png.8bc055e75fdb78ca0d994ed48befaee7.png

Trade Ideas

9:40 - NIO descending triangle. A little to early into the day wasn’t clean enough (Loser)

9:50 - BBBY losing it, 8.2 entry on the loss of that bid, and stop above 8.5ish (No Entry)

10:08 - JD Reverse ABCD - secondary, not sure how it trades….. (Winner 3R)

10:26 - VXRT descending triangle break  saw it at 8.23 right before break, didn’t have conviction. Wait for this to come back up reject VWAP and breakout point and break down again. (Also 3 bar play on the 5min - clean) (Winner ~2.7R)

10:29 - JD setting up for descending triangle  (Great setup, but stop pivot WAY too wide = 1R winner = Breakeven / Loser )

10:40 - NIO looking interesting below VWAP. Potential VWAP Break and Go at PM level. Entry 13.6 break with stop above 13.7- not taking because really extended (Winner ~2.3R)

10:42  - TWTR Asymmetrical triangle break. Stop above VWAP? (Winner ~2.8R)

11:07 - WBA asymmetrical triangle / bear wedge..dont want to enter as its extended and moves sooooooo slow. 11:18 breaking, stop would be above 38.5 as SPY is tanking (1.9R Max = Minor Winner / Breakeven)

11:22 - NIO Unbiased asymmetrical triangle (Potential to be a huge winner, but too hard to say on entry and stop loss, but had the right idea)

11:43 - WBA breaking LOD and major level at 38  target is 37.6 and 36.7 - TONES of selling volume. (No entry - didn’t break 38)

12:20 - NVAX Ascending triangle at VWAP. Cant break it, if it does could see a nice pop (Want to see a break and retest) (Loser)

13:13 - NVAX looks like a clear limit player around 98.6 (No Entry)

14:25 - WBA potential asymmetrical triangle break. Lots of resistance above and selling on the 1min looks hevy (Loser)

14:29 - NVAX longer time frame assymetrical - also LONGER time frame descending. Would like a short on break of triangle and confirming on failed pop. (Winner ~11R)

15:28 - NVAX Retest and rejection entry 95.12 stop 95.65. Not great at end of day, but SPY tanking, and broke MAJOR support, lots of room to run on the downside. (Loser)

Trade Review

Good day today. Felt on point had 3 close to perfect entry's based on my game plan - have been very disciplined and selective lately, love it.

Consistent theme now that I am facing is challenges with partialing. Thinking I just need to Set and Forget…..stats show that a lot of my setups are going above 2R, will be doing some back testing this weekend in order to come up with a plan that is SIMPLE and EASY to follow….this will reduce my micro managing, and at the same time make me more profitable. Then once I am more experienced I can work on discretionary / complex partialsing system.

Things I did well: Patience, entries on point!

Things I did poorly: Zero Patience on the exit - PANIC PARTIALS……..

Daily Report Card

1.Playbook Setups Only (ABCD, VWAP Break N Go, Triangles looking to add 1-2 more) = 4/4 = 100%

2. Placing trades with defined risk, and profit targets (No adjusting) = 4/4 = 100%

14 minutes ago, Valentin said:

Consistent theme now that I am facing is challenges with partialing. Thinking I just need to Set and Forget…..stats show that a lot of my setups are going above 2R, will be doing some back testing this weekend in order to come up with a plan that is SIMPLE and EASY to follow….this will reduce my micro managing, and at the same time make me more profitable. Then once I am more experienced I can work on discretionary / complex partialsing system.

Hey dude.....very nice and clear entries overall. Your micro-managing issue is one most of us have. Is attachment to money. One thing I am working on is to think on getting consistency on smaller targets (2:1 in my case) and create a system to INCREASE my R size as I get consecutive winners, and DECREASE as I get a hit. Grow the account thru size more than biggest Winners. This way you get more aggressive with house money, and make a BIG jump when u have few consecutive wins, while protect yourself when few consecutive losses. You have the data to track it. Also it's true many 2R trades end up going to 10R so I am looking for a simple and systematic way of allowing part of the trade to run, but with HUGE focus on getting / locking in 2R the most. 

I have an excel file I created for this but I can not attached here. Let me know if u want it and an email.

Day 125 - Jul 10, 2020 
6 Tickets
2 Symbols 
Red Day

Personal: Rough night and morning, wasnt going to trade....ended up taking it very slow - didnt have a good "feel" for price action today.

Goals for the day: 

Watch list:

image.thumb.png.3e37b5702c9adb7ded32e344371f3802.png

Trades

BYND - Long - Ascending triangle breakout

BYND setting up for a nice move longer time frame - with spy Moving back up. Breakout happened quick and took it as it broke through that level on large vol - then did a full retracement forming a shooting stat doji so I took half off as planned. Plan was to leave the rest on to 1.5 and 2R, panicked and took another partial at 1.5R as it started to look weak with topping tails. Rest out just below B/E at breakout point.

image.png.2f25a89161779c98495af57011494d73.pngimage.png

SPCE - Long - Asymmetrical Triangle

SPCE tight consolidation at PDC, and VPoC and Apex of triangle. Like my entry on SPCE but a little early, would be better to let it consolidate confirm the hold, and then breakout. Idea here is break of asymmetrical triangle, extreme short float and has been hot lately. Took it as it broke the tight consolidation high above PDC looking for a spike into HOD. SPY not moving in my favour, consolidated above that level and then broke down presenting a nice short out of the triangle.

Good: Had solid validation on vol, and at major level

Improvement: Better to wait for the confirmation hold above the level, and look to get in on 2nd breakout.

image.png.8dec93d53398a80a5b35f56b252690d3.pngimage.png.a5ea30c6d402c039a6c11c8d9674e828.png

Trade Ideas

10:08 - BYND asymmetrical triangle break through VWAP at 134. Not a great stop level. But 15min looking great  (Breakeven / Small winner)

10:10 - WBA Asymmetrical triangle / ABCD stop 39.18 entry 39.35ish (Winner 4.9R)

10:15 - BYND VWAP Break n Go entry 134 again, just don’t like the fake breakout and sell off couple mins before. (Winner 2.5R)

10:17 - VXRT potential descending triangle not sure which level I would take it at….7.9 break? 8.05 stop? Too wide. And 32% RVOL….. (Winner ~2R)

10:20 - NKLA Ascending triangle saw it way to late…but a retest could work at 53.5 or maybe VWAP (currently at 54.2) (No Entry)

10:23 - WKHS asymmetrical triangle, no bias. Break below VWAP for short, break above PDC for long. 10:26 looking like a long here. Lots of size on offer at 16, watch that level. 10:37 WKHS fake breakout out long side and collected stops - thinking this will breakdown. Not a clean setup, would like to see it break down, rest VWAP./ Low vol so easier to manipulate (Break Even / Loser)

10:49 - NKLA looks like it wants to pop on low vol pullback entry would be 54.3ish, stop below 54 (No Entry)

10:51 - SPCE VWAP BnG, perfect setup, entry would be 18.86 but I missed it, noted it in chat…just didn’t take it. Stop 18.77 (Winner ~2.4R)

11:25 - WBA break of 39.9 would be the aggressive entry - not super clean and lots of resistance above. Stop 39.69? (No Entry)

11:31 - NIO Descending triangle 14.7, thinking of waiting for a retest tho. Stop 14.91 too much support below, PDH, PDC and ditn drop far enough for retest to count (Right idea but Loser)

11:36 - BYND potential descending triangle, not super clean but right at VWAP could see a nice drop (No Entry)

12:10 - WBA clear seller at 39.9 limit player (Not sure what I was looking for here, short against this level would have worked - but no entry)

13:01 - SQ - Thor called, but I like this as a descending triangle. Not super clean, could be nice if 125 level breaks (No Entry)

13:50 - NIO - Minor descending triangle at mirror level 14.75 - waiting to see if it breaks after a fake breakdown (No Entry - held the level)

15:50 - NIO Ascending triangle 15 break (Loser)

Trade Review

Wasn’t going to trade today, rough night and morning. After doing research wanted to just watch the markets and how they were behaving.

Didn’t feel like the setups I trade had much follow through and was going to hold off. Ended up getting into 2 trades, which I was happy with. Entry could have been better on both, but that’s in hindsight. Overall happy with my decision through trading day even though it didn’t go as planned.

Things I did well: Patience

Things I did poorly: Chased a bit on entry, but both were breakouts so it happens.

Daily Report Card

1.Playbook Setups Only (ABCD, VWAP Break N Go, Triangles looking to add 1-2 more) = 2/2 = 100%

2. Placing trades with defined risk, and profit targets (No adjusting) = 2/2 = 100%

Edited by Valentin

Hi Valentin,

I found that you often discover important news catalyst, which even not mentioned in Carlo's pre-market show.

What is your pre-market routine to acheive this?

Ken

On 7/9/2020 at 8:25 PM, gtichauer said:

Hey dude.....very nice and clear entries overall. Your micro-managing issue is one most of us have. Is attachment to money. One thing I am working on is to think on getting consistency on smaller targets (2:1 in my case) and create a system to INCREASE my R size as I get consecutive winners, and DECREASE as I get a hit. Grow the account thru size more than biggest Winners. This way you get more aggressive with house money, and make a BIG jump when u have few consecutive wins, while protect yourself when few consecutive losses. You have the data to track it. Also it's true many 2R trades end up going to 10R so I am looking for a simple and systematic way of allowing part of the trade to run, but with HUGE focus on getting / locking in 2R the most. 

I have an excel file I created for this but I can not attached here. Let me know if u want it and an email.

Hey man, that would be awesome I would love to see what you have and would be more than happy to share mine as well....although my stuff is ALL over the place haha.... (email: [email protected]). 

I have ran my own backtest based on my past 2.5 months and have played around with different exit strategies. Turns out almost ANY Consistent strategy would have done better than my real results so defintley shaking some things up on my Trade Management side. I like the idea of consistency on smaller targets, and although not a very sexy R/R plan - my stats show with my historic trades a 1/2/3R partial system would have done quite well. Not the best, but will definitley be a big boost. Idea here is similar to yours, will be looking for more consistency and leaving a 10/20% on until an exit signal such as major topping / bottoming vol or major daily level and so on......from there probably re-visit once I am a little more experienced and my Win/Rate or (Potential) R/R increases. 

18 hours ago, Kendrick C. said:

Hi Valentin,

I found that you often discover important news catalyst, which even not mentioned in Carlo's pre-market show.

What is your pre-market routine to acheive this?

Ken

Hey Ken - I usually just browse through a few headlines to see if there is any MAJOR news to see whats "In Play". I like CNBC because it has a pretty concise outline every morning which ends up being a 5min read (Google: "CNBC stocks making the biggest moves premarket") although marketwatch, seeking alpha, bloomberg could work as well. From there I go to FINVIZ (highly recommend it) which is great for additional news, scans, charts and has all the stats I look at in order to get an idea of the stock in play.

• Like 1

Day 125 - Jul 10, 2020 
15 Tickets
3 Symbols 
Green Day

Personal: Morning routine completed, well rested and feeling good, ready for the week.

Goals for the day: Adjust and focus on new exit strategy, 100% on New Report Card

Watch list:

image.thumb.png.ce79032089d06ebe29b35f87a12bf0f6.png

image.thumb.png.671d9afacc5f2f6374ac78f79227fbf2.png

Trades

WKHS - Short - Descending Triangle (Too wide of a stop)

WKHS forming a triangle right at PDH with selling pressure coming in. Only thing I don't like is SPY pushing up and EV sector is strong but took it short as selling escalated. Had the drop, got my planned partial at 1R, then fake breakdown hammer on volume - should have gotten out. Adjusted to stop just above high pivot - as planned-ish (supposed to move to B/E) and ended up getting stopped out,.

Good: Volume and major level validation - happy with that.

Improvement: Stop too wide - did not follow my rule of 1min Pivot point - would have been a 2.3R ( 2 partials and a W vs being a break even trade)

image.png.4acb62a4ebccd9d9ea2b801fd8aad107.pngimage.png.940f6c346cfc8c7cd467152214d837a6.png

NIO (1) - Long - VWAP Break N Go (Sub: Ascending Triangle) (Lvl 2 - Offers lifted)

NIO came up to VWAP  and consolidated there for a bit with big offers at 15.95 and 16 - broke through on high volume took it long as the 15.95 offer lifted expecting a pop to HOD for a squeeze as it has a decent short float and has been running lately. TSLA and EV's are hot and breaking out but SPY is a little weak.

image.png.615405dbea06f4e0020cfb94260a4b23.pngimage.png.4e400224cfa32d64f4a3460daf687334.png

NIO (2) - Short - Descending Triangle (Lvl 2: Huge Bid Dropping)

Missed the 15.72 breakdown at PDH, but looking weak, took it as it broke down through triangle and was trying to break through HUG BID at 15.5 (Premature entry in anticipation) Stop was too wide. Went in my favor but only got 1R partial due to wide stop and then stopped out on the rest.

Good: A little late on the entry, but took a trade that has shown to be highly profitable.

Improvement: Engulfing on above average volume could be sign to exit and re-asses.
image.png.56f91df381db826bf506fff028b1b11d.pngimage.png.b237c1bee6a1b67c16a8b20bf4ca63e3.png

NETE - Short - Descending Triangle (-1 Poor Trade Management - panic profits)

Selling off hard, forming a few bases for base of the triangle. Broke through LOD but stop was too wide, waited and took it on the second break allowing for much tighter stop. Was extended to downside, but Idea was for it to close the gap. Action was a little slow, but worked out perfectly - only mishap was my poor trade management.

Good: Good patience on waiting for a retest / better entry.

Improvement: Poor trade management - felt really choppy and indecisive. Looking back at int now was very clean downward trend.

image.png.83c66b98b257d8ee7e3c707d9f202d60.pngimage.png.a721f0d21407a7e5c1370ca170fad364.png

Trade Ideas

9:40 - BNTX Shorty Minor Descending Triangle - wasn’t clean but it was right at PML level. Look for potential ABCD is this drops hard (Loser)

10:11 - WKHS short rejection off breakdown level that level, don’t like it but stats show I should be getting in here. (Loser)

10:14 - BNTX setting up for asymmetrical triangle (Winner ~7.5R)

10:21 - NIO descending triangle, but held the big bids at 15.55 and 15.5 - if it drops then go in (No Entry)

10:30 - BNTX ascending triangle, fake breakdown, break of 80…huge rip instantly - right idea, no conviction (Hindsight - this is a perfect fake breakdown and then retest) (Winner ~5R)

10:35 - NETE descending triangle. (1.09R = Breakeven)

11:32 - NIO VWAP Break n Go out of asymmetrical triangle, 15.8 drop entry with 15.95 stop (Right Idea, but Loser)

11:55 - VXRT asymmetrical triangle (Brenden called it out in chatroom) liked the setup, but R/R didn’t seem great 1R to HOD. 10.25ish entry 9.98 stop? (Winner ~12R)

12:24 - NETE starting to breakout - not sure the play here (No Entry)

12:33 - NIO minor descending at 15.72, just missed the entry, will take it once it comes back up and retests. (Winner ~11.4R)

13:57 - NIO descending triangle breaking down LOD, way too much support the downside. Didn’t take it. (Winner ~5.4R)

14:02 - BNTX is looking like ascending but would like to see closer to the APEX consolidation for a 82 breakout (Loser)

Trade Review

Goal 1: Hotkey Limit Orders (Entry, Profit, Stop): FAIL

Made a few changes over the weekend. Back tested a few exit strategies and stats are mind blowing. Almost ANY consistent trade management system would have out performed my current one as I was panic partialing all over the place. So implementing a 1/2/3R (not the best I know, but this will let me build up more stats and re-asses at a later date). Idea here a lot of my trades are hitting 1-1 and then stopping me out, so this will at least allow me to break even / cover costs while I master my entries and free roll adds.

With this - I am implementing a New Daily Report Card - Hotkey Auto Calc for all my executions (Entry, Stop loss, Profits). Today 3/4 stocks hit 1R and then stopped me out, the last one went 2R and figures that’s the one I ended up adjusting on…Failed  for that.

Overall was a good trading day, just didn’t have the greatest follow through, plus took a little bit too much of a wide stop which could have allowed me to

Things I did well: Followed game plan, playing major levels

Things I did poorly: Trade Management on NETE, stops were too wide (WKHS)

Daily Report Card

1. Hotkey Limit Orders (Auto Calc Entry, Profit, Stop and Adjust only in front of Major Level, and on Major Reversal Candle) = 3/4 = 75%

Edited by Valentin
  • Like 1

Day 127 - Jul 14, 2020 
22 Tickets
3 Symbols 
Red Day

Personal: 

Goals for the day: Adjust and focus on new exit strategy, 100% on New Report Card

Watch list:
image.thumb.png.d6d155b9a9a4823f4567627f214188f4.png
image.thumb.png.8d1a7f4f061c2c8b0c7d0140aecf9b96.png

Trades

INO (1) - Long - ABCD (Did not follow my game plan, Deserved loss)

Was watching INO break out and then pull in on low volume, with bottom wicks - took it long off the big bid at 27.6 which held a few times. Wanted it  to come down to 27.4 VWAP and previous day level but didn’t get the pull back that far as 27.6 bid held (600 lots). Broke through and stopped me out.

Improvement: Didn’t follow my game plan - If I waited for proper entry, I wouldn’t have taken the trade. Deserved loss.

image.png.1b4d632edd20f5b9340f2ea81985ecb1.pngimage.png.518904cd6535abceb8421595c5671b80.png

WFC (1) - Short - ABCD Reverse (A Setup)

Major sell off and tried to push at the open - started to move back up to VWAP and looked like rejected with indecision candles, saw it hammer through the bids at 23.7 and took it as it broke down throuhg PML and also major daily level. Tight stop, but not enough confirmation. Saw the big red volume at 9:41 and thought we would see continued selling after rejection. SPY made recovery to green - and looks like WFC getting bought back up. Needed to be more patient. 5min showing strength. SPY getting hammered but WFC holding. Don't like this - should be exiting on this anomaly.

Good: Happy with this entry, selling confirmed, waited off VWAP and PML and Daily level.
image.png.eb119e661d220f0e46a5f408d0666d5e.pngimage.png.a65682dd19166af3cbbc92c68009337b.png

Morining session not great. No patience, jumping in at times where I KNOW i am not profitable at. Have 2 trades left will be looking for my bread and butter setups - triangles. 

INO (2) - Short - Descending Triangle (A+ Setup)

Took INO short as it was breaking down at major level, LOD and PDC with selling pressure.  Big bid at 25.5. Got my 1R limit partial and then consolidated at LOD. Don’t like it and want to take some off to lock in profits…but there is no need as we still look weak and buyers keep getting stuffed. Selling pressure is still there even tho SPY Is bouncing back. Got out on break of uptrend, rest out for Breakeven, SPU turning and clear bottom and hold at 24.64 level

Good: Good entry, happy with the setup. Major level, weakness on the tape, selling pressure.

image.png.1b4d632edd20f5b9340f2ea81985ecb1.pngimage.png.518904cd6535abceb8421595c5671b80.png

WFC (2) - Long - Asymmetrical Triangle

Took it long on the INITIAL spike through triangle - absolute rookie move, didn’t take look at Lvl 2, 5min chart, volume wasn’t anywhere near breakout vol……seemed like it was just a test to see if there was any buying power. Took half off as we came back down, fake breakout and the rest off below 23.8 - brutal trade.

Improvement: No patience, this was weak, 5 min didn’t even breakout and volume is around avg. With such an extended stop, you can expect a big move up, but volume HAS to confirm.

image.png.24a3283347846416a1cfd0e240886c06.pngimage.png.14d44fa9e23f239bb84edccd9d7ad9bc.png

INO (3) - Short - Asymmetrical Triangle Break (Poor Execution, -1 Poor Trade management )

INO was putting in consolidation around PML and PDC, forming a triangle and looking weak. Took it on a delayed entry (way too late) as it broke down, the right entry would have been break of 25.45, stop is WAY too wide. 25.91 - risking above the huge offers (couple thousand lots between 25.88 - 26).

Improvement: Terrible executions - Figure out your RR and do a calc before just jumping in. This is brutal. Triangle has broken down, if it comes back up above previous pivot then technical setup is no longer valid - FOLLOW GAME PLAN.

Trading Plan Entry: 24.45 break of previous pivot low (2/3 candle out of triangle) with a stop above previous pivot high at 25.71). IF played properly, would have had 1R and 2R hit, and then stopped out on the final partial ending up in a winning trade.

image.png.9943c83db8c6938179ebecb8f8cc025c.pngimage.png.6c9b5381ba178f36b9270492b8434d6c.png

MRNA - Long - Asymmetrical Triangle (Secondary Watchlist)

MRNA on secondary watch, but came across it as it was pushing up to the apex and matched up on all time frames. Good sized offer sitting at 75, ended up trying to time it but caught it late as it hit that level and broke out on major volume. Fakebfreakout on next candle, held thinking this thing could rip to HOD. Pennies away from my first partial, but rejected and broke down hard stopping me out.

Improvement: Hindsight - Lots of topping tails signaling a reversal, on heavy selling pressure. Should have taken partial off.

image.png.03fc67a6686d0d2f063dbb7797a1724f.pngimage.png.93a72b6cc285131b3bfe918d305dda08.png

INO (4) - Short - Descending Triangle (Did not follow my game plan, Deserved loss)
INO looking short - was biased here with selling coming in heavy on selling side, and upper wicks on lower highs being formed. Initially was a descending triangle, and tried to take it near resistance, but then turned into a falling wedge (bullish) with HUGE bids at 25.5 and 25.48, dropped and then shot up. This will probably rally now. In hindsight clear limit player dropping and reclaiming bid showing sign of strength…..

Improvement: Not in game plan to start shorting at top - freestyling….also was ignoring the fact that it turned into a falling wedge potential to spike up. (3rd pic = hindsight pic)
image.png.1576471fef5cfcfa6fed15847aacda47.pngimage.png.f84aaaf6b7ffa14783366d49e4e527ab.pngimage.png.addf79d609c5d9f02b50e92f7a5f17e8.png

Trade Ideas

9:34 - NIO potential ABCD short but don’t like the wick on 5 min. 9:35 - this is better ABCD but 5min and 2 min are not weak at all (Loser)

9:34 - WFC break of 23.67, descending ish, also a big bid that broke (Loser)

9:50 - WFC - this would be the entry if it breaks consolidation after confirming rejection off VWAP. Entry 23.6 break stop 23.8 (Loser)

10:03 - NIO looking like potentials Asymmetrical triangle below VWAP could squeeze with the bottoming tails. Above 13.2 pop but not an A+ setup. (No Entry)

10:12 - NIO was looking for a short, out of this asymmetrical. Everything setup nicely confirming the failed bounce 12.75 break for entry, 12.93 stop. (Loser)

10:33 - UAL looking like ascending triangle, all buying on the 5 min. Would like to see little more consolidation right above 32 (Loser)

10:57 - BNTX I like it for a 5/15 min Reverse ABCD but would be better if it was right aty VWAP (Loser)

11:00 JPM setting up for descending triangle 11:04 JPM broke but waiting to see a retest of 98 level - consolidated a bit tand then broke at 11:11 was looking to take it but didn’t like the slow consolidation - seems like its not moving today..although that was the descending I NEED TO TAKE (1.9R = Small Winner / Breakeven)

11:04 - WFC popped outside of 24 should be a long but no conviction. Maybe on retest (Loser)

11:15 - JPM Failed pop right at PDC risking the pivot high around 97.7 (No Entry - Not in gameplan)

11:18 - INO setting up for ascending breakout from mirror level 25.77 below VWAP though - don’t want to takel ong below VWAP - also 15min looks super bearish WAY too much offers to upside. 500 at 25.90, 500 at 25.94 200 lots at .99 (this should have been a short entry - right on the failed breakout shooting star ) (No Entry - Not in Gameplan)

11:24 - NVAX Ascending triangle throug 106 could squeece (Just over 1.2R - Breakeven)

11:32 - INO late on the short, but if it comes back up to 25.76 and rejected short risking VWAP at 26 want it to get up to VWAP and reject for confirmation  (Winner ~3R)

Trade Review

Goal 1: Hotkey Limit Orders (Entry, Profit, Stop): 5/7 = 71%

Rough day today, but upon review it was manageable. 2 trades were great setups and I would take them anytime. 2 Trades I did not follow game plan and got deserved loss. 1 of the trades shuold have been a winner, but poor execution. Change from the last 2 weeks as I have had quite a bit more trades and felt a little more "On Edge" today….

Also have double my R per trade (2x) with same max loss, so what used to be a max loss took considerably more trades. Its part of the game, know my mistakes and today I just was not patient and disciplined enough. Learning from these.

Noticed I was trading more today, even after the fact that i pointed out I wasnt on my game. Maybe thats a sign to take a breather, and shut screens down for the day or atleast a few hours. Also my trade ideas were terrible: 13 Ideas, 1 winner, 7 losers.....

Things I did well: 

Things I did poorly:  No patience on entry, R/R calc before trade, Early and Late entries (no confidence)

Daily Report Card

1. Hotkey Limit Orders (Auto Calc Entry, Profit, Stop and Adjust only in front of Major Level, and on Major Reversal Candle) = 5/7 = 71%

Day 128 - Jul 16, 2020 
19 Tickets
3 Symbols 
Red Day

Personal: Coming off a day off, excited to trade and start fresh. Rested up and ready to go.

Goals for the day:  Follow the game plan.

Watch list:
image.png.7f855631624ae00012ad841d2014a6f0.pngimage.thumb.png.ffff758185d53a2331cc2b046fd921ae.png

Trades

DELL - Long - Asymmetrical Triangle (B Setup) (Did not follow game plan)

DELL Strong opening drive, came back to VWAP and consolidated forming Asymmetrical and ABCD. Took it long as it broke out - not great should be getting a better fill on this as its breaking beginning of candle. 5 min looking bearish with upper wicks. Didn’t like the price action, way too slow - and not willing to risk of a poor setup so took some off and then again for no reason (Adjusting stop)

Improvement: Look for this to be more defined, this wasnt that clean....needed a bit more consoildatoin, also 5 min looks very weak. 

Trade Management: F - Micro management, would have hit R1 for first partial and then breakeven.

image.png.75ff1684b7cfc611f5567bc3b5967031.pngimage.png.9253045d0dfc3ba3532143a191e196bd.png

NCLH (1) - Descending Triangle (Did not follow game plan)

NCLH Rejected VWAP and made a strong push to LOD - short on the breakdown of descending triangle. Wanted cover half on the hammer with large vol showing a reversal - but didn’t want to micro manage - left it on after huge consolidation, and then MICRO MANAGED…adjut to break back above and to stop even -my stop would have held and I would have had an all day runner for 3+R.

Trade Management: F - MICRO MANAGE Held off adjusting at the beginning, even though that was the only valid reason to adjust. Ended up covering on a minor pullback and missed whole move

10:30 thinking NCLH going to squeeze all the shorts here.
image.png.06346b199a352c3c0e121623a1e929ee.pngimage.png.d4183b0c002be81557b42cb9796b5041.png

NIO - Short - Descending Triangle (Did not follow game plan)

Saw this as it bounced and rejected off PDL on VWAP Break N Go. Ended up waiting for the breakdown 12.67 HUGE bid at 12.5 (1700lots). Classic retest of breakdown zone on low vol. But seems like lots of support with 200MA on the 1 right there . Change of character, held the 200MA and now buying coming in while spy is falling. Ended up taking a partial Infront of 12.5 bid and then stopped out above VWAP

Improvement: Need to be more aware of major support into PMH and MA's.

image.png.e15d5de524478a6295bf00cedcf181ab.pngimage.png.a5834ea441c93abe4d682aed57c08acf.png

NCLH (2) - Short - Asymmetrical / Descending Triangle (A Setup) (Did not follow game plan)

Watching Lvl 2 huge battle around 16.26 and 16.27. the tell here was 16.26 quickly took ALL the offers and tried to squeeze, was a fake breakout with LOTS of volume, then offers quickly stepped down. Thinking this is an attempt and fail breakout knocking out tight stops and then sellers won. Had the entry at 16.25 but slippage on the way down to a QUICK drop down to 16.21 where 1500 Lots came out of nowhere…ended up taking 1R partial, then panicking on the 2nd partial (Huge Vol, fake breakdown). Next partial was as planned into 2R (followed by a hotkey error trying to place Limit Order) Then got stopped out. No reason for choosing this level - game plan says breakeven..
Good: Good validation with LVL 2 - bids step up to squeeze and knock out weak hands then drop.

Trade management: 2nd Partial = Panic, 4rd Partial (Hotkey at 2R accidently) And adjust stop. 
Note: Looks like its controller by algos - insane size on both sides

image.png.d9746447ee11265b0f10dea767b9ecd8.pngimage.png.32628f06100bf4a227c977ad228ddf8d.png

NCLH (3) - Short - Descending triangle (B Setup) (Did not follow game plan)

Wasn't watching charts at all was distracted but saw NCLH dropping to a semi-descending triangle, got trigger happy thinking this thinking will shoot down and close the gap. Shorted LOD break and then quickly got bought back up. Stop loss, and then dropped and filled the gap.

Good: Right Idea

Improvement: Terrible execution, didn’t even plan for this, was a random reaction as soon as I flipped to this chart….just brutal trading

Trade management: F Adjusted stop, broke rule.
image.png.2045f3ff75852d979de4227780e8cfaf.pngimage.png.dec87d50264c9004b50045834c643d27.png

Trade Ideas

9:08 - NCLH Descending triangle in premarket, not in game plan but it worked out. Now look to short the pop to 16.8 and reject (No Entry - didn’t get up there in pre market)

9:34 - NCLH break through 16.5 ish, would like to see a Descending triangle holding 16.5 and consolidate for a little bit. Saw lvl 2 at 16.5 LOTS of selling into that, had a chance for entry. But too extended, nothing to risk off . Would like to see it come up to 16.8 for ABCD and then re-crack 16.5 (No entry until next chance at 9:40)

9:40 NCLH hit that 16.8 and reversal candle, but not taking - don’t have confidence on the sell off vol, potential bottom and huge squeeze candle. (Winner ~4R)

9:51 - TWTR asymmetrical entry at 34.9, or TWTR Ascending triangle at 9:54  (Loser x2)

10:34 - MS potential Ascending triangle near HOD and PMH break of 52.7ish (Small Winner 1.6R, Breakeven)

12:08 - INO asymmetrical triangle (Not clear - didn’t breakout for another 1.5 hours)

12:09 - DELL descending towards 58.78 hidden limit player?  (No Entry - pattern broken)

13:08 - NIO ascending triangle (1.25R - Breakeven)

13:38 - VXRT descending ish triangle but not really. Could be a swing short. (No Entry, didn’t breakdown)

14:24 - VXRT hurring top of descending trendline. Would like to see it slowly grind down to 15.2 break (No Entry, didn’t breakdown)

14:25- AAL looking like a potential descending, getting a little late in the day for the big gap close and not super clean (Small winner 1.6R = Breakeven)

14:25 - TWTR asymmetrical triangle, short…but above VWAP done like that….igniting volume was there though 35.25 at the moment…stop 35.34? (Winner ~2.7R)

15:27 - DELL Descending triangle, this is much more defined than the NCLH one….(No Entry)

15:44 - NCLH 15.95 short descending mirror leve, no entry end of day and already got stopped on it right before l (Winner ~3.5R)

Trade Review

Goal 1: Hotkey Limit Orders (Entry, Profit, Stop): FAIL

One of my worst trading days of late…. (GP wise : Around Breakeven). But process wise, broke a rule in EVERY trade. Either adjusted stops or premature partial both of which I have been pretty good at lately.

Following game plan : 4.4 R

Actual Trading: -0.2 R

Similar story over and over, harp on my self about the same things and just cant seem to stop the micro managing. Planning to take a break from charts more, otherwise I get caught up in the action and play it tick by tick, killing my profitability, statistics and big picture idea.

Things I did well: Entries, Lvl 2 Validation

Things I did poorly:  Trade Management, Micro Managing, Panic Partials, Following plan

Daily Report Card

1. Hotkey Limit Orders (Auto Calc Entry, Profit, Stop and Adjust only in front of Major Level, and on Major Reversal Candle) = 1/5 = 0.2 20%  WTF………

Day 129 - Jul 17, 2020 
13 Tickets
1 Symbols 
Green Day

Personal: Rested up, morning routine completed. Felt good

Goals for the day: Ace Report Card

image.thumb.png.1a20221170eca0eaac2313e0017566a8.pngimage.thumb.png.f0e2d037dbbcaccbe16ea493815beab2.png

RVOL at open:
NIO: 350%
SPCE: 340%
NCLH: 480%
NVAX: 140%

Trades

NIO (1) - Short - ABCD

NIO slow grind back up to VWAP threw in a indecision candle as it rejected of VWAP and PML - perfect level. Wanted to wait for confirmation of the break. Ended up making a lower high, short into the breakdown. Stop above that level.  R1 is 11.47, but adjusted in front of HUGE big at 11.50 (showing 1500Lots but was more like 5000Lots). Continued down on my favor and sol doff hard at LOD. Covered as planned - and then took some more off as it made a hammer on massive volume - potential bottom. Continued down and I took some more off at Support holding it from closing the gap, leaving on a final 10% to see if we would close.

Good: Good validation with levels and volume, Very happy with my patience.
image.png.5819cdec845afb18a9af7076bdf79c8b.pngimage.png.64484cf7140e120a81b75785ad2eafc4.png

NIO (2) - Short - Asymmetrical Triangle (LVL 2 confirmation, Chasing)

Late on entry of asymmetrical triangle, but saw 11 HUGE bids decrementing with velocity, and took it just as we were about to break. Got the instant drop, but green hammer with large vol right after….ended up taking half off as planned. Next partial toward LOD, on big vol spike. Then adjusted and got stopped out above 10.7 level thinking we would hold. Then again into LOD, leaving final for the drop to below 10. Stopped out at breakeven.

Good: Trusting playbook and taking the setup

Improvement: Got in way to late on this - need to be seeing this progress and take a bit earlier on break of asymmetrical and then break of minor descending.

Note: Was a little hesitant getting in…had a lot of fake breaks and took forever…should see a LARGE resolution . 13:44 - Descending triangle setting up, should be putting the risk back on here that I took off into 10.9 break

image.png.ea21ade144149aa5d6093567026f79a2.pngimage.png.4d64db5de0cf2d9c505493cef121e527.png

Trade Ideas

9:30 - DELL break through bottom, looking to close GAP. 9:36 - DELL back through that level but would rather see a STRONG drop and then  come back reject that level (1.2R = Breakeven)

9:32 - SPCE 23 on break of Premarket level. Stop 22.39? (stopped out by 1 penny, then ran 2.8R = Loser)

9:37 - NIO a little late on the ABCD would be entering 11.9 risk 12.11 - volume validation (Winner ~6.8R)

9:42 - NCLH ABCD - didn’t take it because lots of support to downside, and SPY looking like it bounced (Loser)

9:42 - NIO 5min orb? Would like to see it consolidate for a while and then break for a Descending (No Entry)

9:45 - NIO 11.50 HUGE bid was decrementing. Dropped and back up. (Loser)

9:51 - SPCE Asymmetrical triangle break on Vol - 23.2 entry 22,79, was looking for break of PMH…didn’t have confidence too small of a consolidation. Look for a huge pop and then come back to test PMH (1.2 R - Breakeven)

9:54 - DELL short 58.4ish, break and close gap (1.48 R = Breakeven)

10:01 - DELL breakdown look to close the gap - would like to see it come back and retest that level as it wasn’t a clear setup for me. 58.25 entry, stop 58.56. Missed a big picture idea because I wanted a setup. Wait for a 3 bar play, this could be nice.(1.4R = Breakeven)

10:09 - NIO setting up for Descending Triangle (Winner ~3.7R)

10:16 - SPCE coming off VWAP 23.4 breakout off PMH (Winner ~2.4R)

10:40 - SPCE asymmetrical triangle, looking like a great setup, but has been rejected last couple of times. (Winner ~2.5R)

11:06 - NIO Failed pop - breaking down thinking will retest LOD. Entry 11 stop 11.21 (Loser)

11:18 - SPCE retest Breakout point entry would be 23.8 on the flag breakout (Winner ~3.3R)

11:22 NVAX  breakout from asymmetrical. 139.1 Entry, 137.08 stop…wide….. (Winner ~2.5R)

11:23 - MRNA setting up for Ascending triangle break, would like to see bit more consolidation into APEX. Breaking out on 2nd touch - need to see 3+ for a clean triangle. Stop 86.82, entry 88.32 (Winner ~4.6R)

12:31 - MRNA ascending triangle at 90, (2000 k lots ) (Winner ~3.5R)

12:48 - NIO continuing consolidation super tight. Would need to see a strong volume to ignite the move and breakout. Break above 11.2 I would get long , would like to see a quick rip to take stops out and then flush through 11 .05 for short . 12:52 looked like it was breaking out,  but most recent tops have made a different triangle…still holding on. (Loser)

13:12 - NIO about to dump, volume came in - fake breakup now going to tank. Need a little spike back into 11.1 and short that risking 11.21 (Trade Taken)

15:15 - NIO looks like a short now….had the top doji, but end of day and not clean setup at all. Not in my setups but it is a mirror level. (Loser)

15:19 - SPCE looking like a potential descending triangle at 23.6 VWAP - but gets bought up every time (No Entry)

15:31 - NIO turning, fake breakout on vol, watching for this to come all the way back down. (~1.9R = Small Winner / Breakeven)

Trade Review

Goal 1: Playbook Setups Only = PASS

Happy with my trading today, was very selective rather than just jumping into every trade that came my way and worked out great. Was watching same stock quite closely and had a better feel for it after seeing price action and lvl 2 battles

Things I did well: Patience, Not adjusting Stops, Validation through Lvl 2 and volume.

Things I did poorly: 

Daily Report Card
1. Auto Calc Entry, Profit, Stop (Adjust only in front of Major Level, and on Major Reversal Candle) = 2/2 = 100%

• Like 1

Excellent trading on $NIO Friday, great entries, great partials.

It gave a great rising devil entry right at the open, I didn't notice until after it made it's move. I was long biased expecting more of a squeeze at the open, but when it's downtrending like that in the premarket i think that's a good indication it's going to continue. 

Edited by Christopher Patterson

23 hours ago, Christopher Patterson said:

Excellent trading on $NIO Friday, great entries, great partials.

It gave a great rising devil entry right at the open, I didn't notice until after it made it's move. I was long biased expecting more of a squeeze at the open, but when it's downtrending like that in the premarket i think that's a good indication it's going to continue. 

Thanks Chris! Rare day for me trading one symbol and sticking with it. But have traded it couple of times lately and does offer some nice opportunity. 

That Rising Devil was beautiful, if it didn't have that engulfing candle it would have been picture perfect. Coming back into VWAP on decreasing volume and then rejecting nicely. I try to pass on the first 5-10 minutes, I feel like I get to trigger happy and just go nuts with the volatilty haha......need to practice the opening drive as there is some great moves thats forsure!