Valentin

Valentin's Day Trading Journal

Day 37 - Feb 28, 2020 
14 Tickets
2 Symbols

Break Even

Watchlist

SPY Continuing to drop, broke through 200 and 250 MA yesterday - bearish .

image.thumb.png.d88905942e2e8810a6ab32e49e52a2ec.png

BYND - Short - 1min - VWAP Rejection
BYND was bouncing around, wasn’t looking to play it as it was choppy, but rejected VWAP on lower buying vol to shorted with stop just above, ended up taking 2x my position so covered quick and then let partial ride for B/E.

Good: Taking partials off quick as I went in oversized
Improvement: Don't need to be cutting at breakeven here, could hold for VWAP - wouldve been a nice trade.

image.thumb.png.55cee3f3b09f244ab7044cb74c58a77e.png

SPCE - Long - 1min and 5min - ABCD
SPCE made a nice move off the ORB, consolidated and slowly came back to VWAP on declining selling volume and bullish doji candles. Ended up getting a perfect fill right at VWAP with tight stop, potential for 5R+. Absolutely embarrassing trade management - ended up covering way too early as I was scared it would go against me and continue lower. And then sold the other half as it got to 2.2R (as a first partial this would have been ok)

Good: Entry was on point, very happy with this defined risk entry and high probability setup.

Improvement: NEED TO HAVE CONFIDENCE IN MY SETUPS. Couldn’t be more upset with my self as I realize I have been doing this over and over again. Would have been a beautiful trade - 25R at top tick.

image.thumb.png.8db4e09c25c4b211fd38f44c9ed28748.png

BYND (Trade #2) - Short - 1min - Failed Pop

Watching it come down and test 85,75 daily level, broke through but bounced at 85. Look to retest and fail on a failed pop play, missed a good entry and ended up chasing the failed pop anticipating the breakdown. Stop just above previous level for 1$ risk. Wasn’t feeling great here, as it held the big bid at 85 and seemed like double bottom, same time as SPY was bouncing.

Improvement: Failed Pops aren't great for me statistically - need to revisit the game plan and adjust my setups to have specific entry / exit criteria. But overall, I would take this play again.

image.thumb.png.7b736d394e7eb0781c69e7ac064d2a93.png

BYND (Trade #3 ) - Short - 1min - Breakdown (Anticipating)

Got stopped out of BYND on spike through daily level, but still felt weak. Thought the big wall of bids at 85 would disappear and this would drop down to next daily target at 83. Tried to short into the breakdown as we were making lower highs on the 1min. Shorted, then mistake covered with stop loss, so resorted and got stopped out above 85.75 level top ticked.

Improvement: This point I was hoping for it to break down, the right play would be to wait for confirmation of breakdown with expectation of a solid follow through. Also need to have better solution for my stop losses, will be looking to forums on how to fix my slow manual entry.

image.thumb.png.5b81783d2dc24cae38fef176fccace03.png

Day 38 - Mar 2, 2020 
14 Tickets
2 Symbols

Break Even

Watchlist

image.png.fcc2eb3ba846c19e6e0c03c404a0ad72.png

image.png.a4e1ca9a93727800e8cd64fc33eeb213.png

TWTR (Trade #1) - Short - 1min - Failed Pop

"In Play" on news of activist investor coming in. Initial bias was Long but rejected hard and had a bearish engulfing, and shooting star on 5 min so I was watching for short entry. Broke VWAP to downside and failed to come back up - entered short with stop above VWAP. Realized I should have waited for better entry so covered half as we dropped into MA. Came right back up and stopped out at VWAP.
Good: Took partials as I realized this was a bad entry.

Improvement: Should be much more patient with this. Better entry would have been right at failed to hold VWAP.

image.thumb.png.8439c55c377abc11941a86fe6fd439b8.png

TWTR (Trade #2) - Short - 1min - ABCD (Reverse)

Got stopped out right above VWAP and instantly came back down. Tried to push back up to VWAP and got rejected hard on high volume. Short 1/2 size thinking to add on confirmation. Came back up to BWAP but didn’t add, ended up taking majority off as it hit D (1/5 let to ride - taken on next cover)

Good: Better entry on this with defined risk, selling volume coming in.

Improvement: Took partial size with idea of scaling in and didn’t scale in as planned - had the opportunity too just didn’t do it. R/R wasn’t great here either. Need to start looking for trades 2R+.

image.thumb.png.61c6d36cf12b39783981ee4c7665633c.png

BYND - Long - 1min - Chasing (VWAP Trend ish?)

BYND 2nd Day Play off earnings. Didn’t really have a great conviction off this, just felt like it was holding VWAP and had a tight consolidation so risk was defined. Kept coming out and testing the breakout of consolidation high but wouldn’t do anything. Ended up taking it on minor pullback thinking we could test HOD, stop just below VWAP. Just about took me out and made a lower low and lower high so I exited as it failed to hold. Ended up getting out too soon as it continued up to my target - but had no reason to be in this.

Improvement: Shouldn’t be in this play, no clear reason to entry and not in my game plan. 

image.thumb.png.5a49dfd5e9cc137f3ce25f8a51e382c7.png

TWTR (Trade #3) - Short - 1min - Failed Pop + Breakdown

Started to sell off a bit and make lows, idea was to short pops and cover on way down. First Failed pop Was a little late which ruined by R/R, took majority off with partial left on. Another failed pop but I added way to late ended up taking a breakdown which was bottom tick with stop just above previous pop. Ended up getting close to my stop and covered for break even as it came back down. Final partial from first short got taken out as just above break even (also had a stop loss error, covered too much as my hotkey placed full order - need to figure a way to adjust this automatically)

Improvement: Need to take higher probability plays, first one was ok but no defined R/R. Second was chasing hard ended up shorting close to LOD which isn't in my game plan.

image.thumb.png.616b0d69c956e0323014b492879863e3.png

Todays Review

Did some homework over the weekend and got KylesHotkeys to work for predefined risk based on stop loss, 1R on each trade, with 5R max stop loss on the day. Tried it on my first trade, went alright. Then when I went to enter my trades after that I thought "this isn't a trade I want to risk 1R on" but still ended up trading. Clear sign that im not trading my best setups, rather im just trading to trade. Looking at everyone else in trade room going "One and Done" is hard for me, as I love the aspect of getting in and out of trades. But as I set up this HotKey I think it will allow me to really focus in and pick only my best setups.

Also realizing that some of my setups are similar to each other with no defined differentiation, giving me the abiltiy to pick and choose which one I thought which is very bad. Need to have clear and defined rules as to which setup is which. Lots of work to do...

What I did poorly: Not taking my setups, not following my game plan

What I need to do: Replay, Replay, Replay...there is lots I want to experiment. 1 and 2 min chart differences In addition to my 5min, taking partials at 1 / 1.5 / 2R (from KylesHotKeys scaling configuration), clearly define my setups as some of them seem to be blurring with one another.

Day 39 - Mar 23 2020 
16 Tickets
3 Symbols

Green Day 

AMD - Long - 1min - VWAP Tend Trade

Watching AMD as thinking overall market could continue its bounce higher. Had a nice bounce off PML on the 5 min chart, ended up taking this long once it bounced and held off VWAP. R/R wasn’t great here - more of a scalp trade. Ended up taking half off on spike to pre market levels, and left my stop on at just below VWAP - stopped me out but stopped out my initial full size so I sold the extra.

Improvement: Need to be taking better R/R setups - this is a 1R - terrible.

1990554898_3.3.2020-AMD.thumb.png.dfec9d6a91561e1b916c0fa2c4b7061f.png

TGT (Trade #1) - Short - 1min  - Breakdown
Overall short biased on revenue miss. Opened weak and couldn’t hold VWAP, missed the initial VWAP rejection. Was watching for the retest to 109 previous day close, with short and stop above VWAP but it rejected the push up and broke down so I shorted on the breakdown for quick scalp on half into pre market level and adjusted stop to break even on other half. Good idea, just didn’t play how I wanted it to play out so scalping.

831697859_3.3.2020-TGT(1).thumb.png.3be7a64b5a1ecebeeebbf3cf99477db6.png

TLRY (Trade #1) - Long - 1min - Breakout Pullback (Chasing)
Watching TLRY with short biased from poor earnings, but caught a bid at the open. Was waiting for potential double top with expectation of it coming back to 13. Got too excited as Fed cut rates saw AMD have a huge spike, for some reason thought we could see this test HOD so got in for a quick scalp. Instantly realized this was an absolutely brutal entry with bad R/R so adjusted my stop and got out.

Improvement: Had the right idea of waiting for double top and noted it in my journal to keep an eye out and target at 13 - emotions got in the way and ended up going long where I should have been shorting. DOUBLE TOP AS EXPECTED!

1001710525_3.3.2020-TLRY(1).thumb.png.130f83222bf4f327b493cad76a682c78.png

TGT (Trade #2) - Short - 1min + 5min - ABCD (Reverse)
TGT came up as market shot up on news that Fed cut rates by 50pts, rally was short lived and started selling off with wicks to the top - bearish. Short TGT  on reverse ABCD with stop just above VWAP (1/2R auto risk hotkey) expectation to add on breakdown, target at previous bounce level. First partial just over 1R with rest to ride.

Good: Good execution, followed game plan of taking partials into the level, and then taking some at profit target.

Improvement: Looking back at it this would have been a perfect play to size up much much more. Negative catalyst, failed rally on fed cut and followed daily levels perfectly - rejection of 110.5

290647494_3.3.2020-TGT(2).thumb.png.b986ca478309f08240ea02c6e3dfd376.png

TLRY (Trade #2) - Long - 1min - VWAP Trend Trade
Waited for this to play out, short biased on negative catalyst just needed a decent entry. Ended up going short on the pop into VWAP expecting this to sell off throughout the day. Had to run to work so left a range order for previous level of Premarket level of 13.15 in front the heavy support at 13. Ended up doing exactly as I though - came up to VWAP a few times (opportunity to add if I was at the screens) and sold off right into my profit target)
Good: Leaving range order while at work allows my idea to play out, without me micro managing the trade

Improvement: Didn’t use my auto risk hotkey - inconsistent sizing which minimized my profits.

1517307231_3.3.2020-TLRY(2).png.3fa4b4e103d6607b902bf92b57b27fee.png

Todays Review

Slowly getting better in thought process and being able to recognize good setups, however still taking poor setup plays. Thinking once I get some more stats in my journal and able to pick apart winners / losers based on specific setups, time of day this will give me probabilities and W/L ratios which I can work from. Eliminating the bottom half, and perfecting the ones I am doing well on.

This new website has made it tough for me to post trades....chrome not letting me sign in and vew forums as a member, and internet explorer not letting me copy and paste. Will edit and add photos once this is figured out. 

What I did poorly: Inconsistent sizing (which is no longer acceptable, as I have hotkeys that legit do this all for me.)

What I need to do: Master hotkeys for Risk management in order to eliminate the variability. Notice a lot of my solid setups arnt sized properly, and a few of my losers end up taking a lot of my profits away due to poor sizing. 

Edited by Valentin
Added pictures - 3.15.2020
  • Like 2

Day 40- Mar 4, 2020 
24 Tickets
4 Symbols

Red Day (Max Loss) 

CCL (Trade #1) - Short - 1min - VWAP Rejection (Anticipating)

Weak at open and broke through previous day close, and found support at pre market level 31.4. Bounced up toward VWAP, took it short in anticipation it would reject VWAP and come back down to test 31.4. Quickly moved up and popped through VWAP taking out my stop loss - top tick.

Improvement: Right idea, but terrible execution, didn’t fight for price and got in too early. Got in with 1R risk hot key instead of 1/2R, and misplaced the stop so ended up taking a 1.5R on this.

1387530380_3.4.2020-CCL(1).thumb.PNG.9e093b99147a46a094e10109247ded63.PNG

CCL (Trade #2) - Short - 1 min - VWAP Trend Trade

As soon as my stop loss hit and top ticked, I knew I had the ride idea so re-shorted 1R with stop just above previous candle, expecting this to come back down to test the pre market level at 31.4. Worked right away and ended up taking too many partials - didn’t want to give profits back. Ended up working as planned and took me out for profit target and left a small partial which took me out on next cover.

Good: Using the Dynamic Risk Hotkey is removing the need to calculate shares, left partial on to see my trade play out.

Improvement: Still taking too many partials, need to stop watching my P/L and manage the trade based on price action and taking what the market gives me vs panicking and covering as soon as I'm in the green. 

1939191905_3.4.2020-CCL(2).thumb.PNG.397541ee0a69558a5aaa48c57f9555d4.PNG

CCL (Trade #3)- Short - 1min - Breakdown (Chasing)
Had a short position in CCL and was working in my favor, thinking to short the failed pop as is in my game plan but held off. Instead I acted emotionally and added 1/2R too my short as it broke down. SPY falling and CCL has seen major weakness, thinking we could see some nice continuation. Didn’t go my way and got stopped out.  
Improvement: Have said this over and over, breakdowns aren't my setup - statistically they don’t work for me - yet I still take them.

1534652003_3.4.2020-CCL(3).thumb.PNG.1fd9385595a85a5b7f725cfaf147d5ef.PNG

CCL (Trade #4) - Short - 1min - VWAP Trend Trade

Short biased on CCL - saw It reject VWAP and took it once it had confirmed rejection. R/R was much better here as risk is clearly defined just above VWAP and previosu candle, and target down at LOD +. Overall trend was in my favor.

Good: This is a setup I am comfortable with, took planned partial profits and let the rest ride for profit target + some. This is an A+ setup for me - will be play booking this and duplicating in my game plan.
Improvement: Need to be going over 1R risk on this.

1233752035_3.4.2020-CCL(4).thumb.PNG.5948892289413d1ee0d5449507f66f19.PNG

JWN (Trade #1) - Long - 1min - ABCD (Too Early)

JWN down on earnings, but came out strong off the open - was looking for a potential double top of 33.1 daily level. Rejected right off that level but didn’t seem to want to go down, recovering nicely on the 5 min. Realized we could be seeing an ABCD to the upside. Took 1/2 R long thinking we could break through B and continue up. Ended up taking this too early and getting stopped out on breakdown of VWAP.

Improvement: Negative catalyst and a poor entry on a non-developed setup. Multiple things wrong here - entry at VWAP for a Long on ABCD would have been appropriate - otherwise STAY OUT.

2083449773_3.4.2020-JWN(1).thumb.png.90cf5f0f9ca585a9ec59bffc9574d15e.png

JWN (Trade #2)- Short - 1min - VWAP Rejection

Revenge trading. Saw a big red candle on increasing selling on the 5 min, and shorted as we approached VWAP thinking we might reject here with tight stop above VWAP. Ended up playing right into my previous thought of ABCD.

Improvement: Had an idea, and didn’t follow it. Long biased (too early) then switched  to short biased in a matter 10 minutes. Need to look to market signals rather than hoping it continued down - not a great entry here - overall terrible trades on this name.

1960819350_3.4.2020-JWN(2).thumb.png.874bc95d957fd2bd777314a73ec3d873.png

CPB - Long - 1min - Breakout Pullback

CPB strong earnings and beat estimates. Was braking through Pre market level at 50.76 and then consolidated for a good 15 min holding that level. Went long as looked like it was going to break out with stop just below consolidation. Right idea but got shaken out with my stop loss being bottom tick. Target was next daily level at 52.5 - potential for 8R.
Good: Had the right idea

Improvement: Looking back at it exact same thing happened on the previous spike at 9:50 - algo triggered stop losses and then shot up. Having a mental stop would have prevented this. Mental stop loss would have stopped this (but also would cause lots of slippage and losses on other exits)
734384222_3.4.2020-CPB.thumb.png.8aadd83e50e31a3b30c08d291d6a0286.png

JD (Trade #1) - Long - 1min - Breakout (Scalp)

JD has been in play lately…was watching it in AM as it had nice breakouts making an Elliot wave. Missed the pullback entry and saw this break through major level of 44.07 (high of both previous 2 days). Ended up with a quick scalp as it was holding and breaking out on increasing volume.

Good: Took partials quickly

Improvement: Not in my game plan, so need to be careful.

493215879_3.4.2020-JD(1).thumb.png.25cb54b53994e86c1c5bb9ee13da37c4.png

JD -(Trade #2)  Long - 1min - Breakout Pullback

Bought more JD on the pullback into previous resistance expecting it to hold, and retest HOD. Spy was strong so thought we could see continuation. Ended up going against me and got stopped out.
1051388064_3.4.2020-JD(2).thumb.png.72fb1bbcfe176379bd671b9698f6826d.png

Todays Review

Last couple of days have really made me realize that I have too many vague "Setups" and leaving it up to discretion for which one it looks like that day - this is causing me to trouble in many areas; sizing entries, reviewing the plays end of day, journaling and categorizing, also messing with my stats

Failed Pop / VWAP Trend Trade / VWAP Reversal / ABCD are all distinct setups but I seem to have mixed them together subconsciously.

Taking the rest of the week off in order to go back to my game plan and review, refresh and restart. (Notice this has been in my "need to do" section a few times, but just not getting to it…guess it takes a max loss day to figure that out)

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN POST PICTURES ON THE NEW WEBSITE FORUM?

Previously I signed into BBT through chrome and not a problem with copying and pasting right into the post - now, I cant even get to forums on chrome, can only use dashboard and main site every time I try to get to forums it takes me back to the sign in page....in meantime using explorer to post notes. Would love if it someone could help me with this. Either option of how to paste them in here, or how I can sign in and use forums on chrome.

Will post screenshots as soon as this is figured out.

Edited by Valentin
  • Like 2

Save them to your computer and then click the "click to choose files" link in a new post to load them and then click the little plus sign on each to add them. I hope that makes sense 

• Like 1

Day 43- Mar 9, 2020 
12 Tickets
13 Symbols

Red Day

TWTR - Long - 1min - VWAP Trend Trade (Break and Go)

Up on news of deal being signed with Elliot Management. Broke through VWAP and held above - went long as it confirmed the hold and broke out. Stop just below VWAP with target at Pre-market high. Took partial at the daily level of 32.5 break and then some more as we approached PMH.

Improvement: Taking profits to early, need to hold off until profit - hit target plus some.

479919920_3.9.2020-TWTR(1).thumb.PNG.729661e404d1c4226ed8cd8b689256e9.PNG

MRNA (Trade #1) - Short - 1min - Breakdown

Was watching MRNA premarket thinking potential long, but market was bouncing and money was going out of Coronavirus stocks into Large caps. Saw consolidation and wanted to play the break, missed it. Ended up short the breakdown and got a delay/Lag entry close to the bottom. Overall can't blame the delay as this was absolutely terrible play.

Improvement: Stick to high probability setups rather than chasing. No R/R here - was hoping it would keep dropping without specific profit target.

1605753908_3.9.2020-MRNA(1).thumb.PNG.05a5aed43246a51de68c7efdb2338f30.PNG

CCL - Short - 1min - VWAP Trend Trade (Bounce and Reject Anticipation)

CCL hit hard on Coronavirus. Watching for continuation to downside, came down but held pre market levels, ended up coming up to previous pop so I shorted in anticipation of a bounce and rejection of VWAP. Had the right idea, but poor timing - got squeezed out.
Good: Right idea.

Improvement: Wait for the VWAP to confirm rejection rather than anticipating. Could have easily got the exact same fill just on the backside.

1586326383_3.9.2020-CCL.thumb.PNG.3bff8d64dd6e257a552f893cd488d745.PNG

MRNA (Trade #2) - Long - 1min - VWAP Trend Trade (Break and Go)
MRNA sold off hard in AM, looking like it caught a bottom and was making its way up. Came up and consolidated around VWAP just above Mov Avg. Took it long for stop just below and target at pre market levels. Was completely off, this was a Bounce and Reject off VWAP for all day trend.

Improvement: Jumped in this one a little early, need to wait for confirmation and hold above VWAP.

538318027_3.9.2020-MRNA(2).thumb.PNG.b9c1090b09cee844ba08c1f219d47f6c.PNG

TWTR (Trade #2) - Long - 1min + 5min - Technical Breakout (Ascending Triangle)
TWTR kept pushing up to up pre-market high and previous day close, making an ascending triangle on rising volume.  Took it long with stop just below previous low and target previous day high/daily level. Rejected off previous day close panicked and sold partial. Put on a range order and took off to work.

Good: Using 1 min and 5 min to confirm - seems much stronger.

Improvement: Took profits too early, should be waiting for the daily levels. This has to be outlined in risk management / profit taking rules.

796502485_3.9.2020-TWTR(2).thumb.PNG.e8439fdc8c0489e77fd7c1125cc803c8.PNG

Todays Review

Working on my GamePlan setups and rules right now, noticing a lot I need to work on - defined shares have been automated, need to automate my profit target that way I'm not tempted to take profits early.

What I did well: using multiple time frame to confirm, has worked out well.
Need to do: CONFIRMATION, wait for the trade to confirm and be an A+ setup, lower win rate but much better R/R.

Edited by Valentin
  • Like 1

Day 44 - Mar 10, 2020 
9 Tickets
1 Symbol

Green Day

Watchlist

Index Catalyst Big Picture
SPY   SPY held above 274, major daily support.  Be cautious - seems like all pops are getting sold, it just cant catch a bid. Trump comes out with potential payroll tax cut, but coronavirus cases growing 

Stock Support Resistance ATR Notes Bias Setup Trading Plan
DKS 35 40, 41 1.75 Beat earnings, sales and increases dividends. Up 10% premarket Long    
SFIX 14.4, 13.4 16, 17 1.6 Earnings beat but revenue and guiding down. 28.3%      Watch short covering, nice higher high higher low in pre market. 
CCL 23.35, 22.85, 21.5 25.2, 26.2 2.44 Trying to bounce here, but don’t think it will close gap.  Short   Trade the VWAP trend if weak from open - watch for this
to fade back down to yesterdays close 21.5

CCL (Trade #1) - Short - 1min - VWAP Bounce and Reject

CCL sold off hard, made double bottom and came up to test VWAP. Failed to hold, broke under and then failed pop back through VWAP - short 1/2 R as it rejected, with target at LOD / yesterdays close. Ended up squeezing through VWAP, top ticked and broke down.

Good: Stuck to my plan
18167294_CCL(1)-3_10_2020.thumb.PNG.a38980dbcf6c5e33a422e76ef3ddb524.PNG

CCL (Trade #2) - Short - 1min - VWAP Bounce and Reject

As soon as I got stopped out it came right back down confirming my theory. Ended up getting in right after it broke down through previous consolidation. Tried to push higher but kept getting rejected by MovAvg so scaled in to full size. Held right under the MA's and broke down - covered partial too soon. Started coming up and ended up with a panic cover - no reason to cover here.

Good: Let my theory play out even though I got stopped out the first time.

Improvement: Could have gotten a better fill on starter. No reason to be taking profits here - got shaken out too soon rather than letting profits ride.

1961951089_CCL(2)-3_10_2020.thumb.PNG.ce632ae3378f0c8fa264d1dac3c62a10.PNG

CCL (Trade #3) - Short - 1min - Momentum Breakdown

CCL had a failed pop and was breaking down on rising vol - ended up getting a late fill, was looking for entry as soon as a panic covered. Had to take off for work so set a range order and let it play out.
Good: Left a Range order and let it play out.

249930810_CCL(3)-3_10_2020.thumb.PNG.50d6bf9e9e770ec38bcb5322ddc99916.PNG

Todays Review

Didn't like a whole lot in pre market and once market opened so sat on my hands until something I liked came up - happy with this. In past I would have over traded. Noticing my journaling and forced habits coming into play here.

What I did well: Wait for my setups to come into play

What I did poorly: Taking profits off too soon (automate this - weekend task)
Need to do: Thinking of recording myself, with commentary as it will give me a better idea of entry and I can verbally walk though my checklist, same thing with taking profits - name reason for profit taking. (read this in The Daily Trading Coach 101), need to do a better job of getting out there in community and providing feedback, getting into forums and so on...will be my main goal for rest of the month.

Sorry for shitty pictures - new process not as smooth as older one. Will find a fix shortly.

• Like 1

Day 45 - Mar 11, 2020 
12 Tickets
4 Symbols

Red Day

Watchlist

SPY  Coronavirus Rejecting off 288 level thish acted as support from previous support. Down 3% in pre-market. Could see continuation down to 274 level.

CCL 22.1, 21.5, 20.5 23.35, 24.5 2.55 Coronavirus still main concern. Potential downside Short   Trade the VWAP trend if weak from open - watch for this to fade back down to yesterdays close 20.5
TDOC 151, 145.5 156.9 10 Video software for medical industry - coronavirus push to get patients online Long   Gapping through ATH - play momentum breakout
CLDR 8.26, 7.8 8.6   Earnings beat, lots of room to run Long   8.4 Major daily level, watch how it trades off here. Look to go long once it pop up abd breaks 8.6, long on the retest ABOVE VWAP
AMD 43.72, 43 43.72,      Short Descendgin Triangle SPY weak - if SPY breaks this could be a nicemomentum trade

CLDR - Short - 1min - Technical Breakout (Potential ABCD)

Earnings beat and gapped up. Pre market was trading in a range of 8.26 and 8.6 with 8.4 being a daily inflection point. Plan was for it to break out of 8.6 then come back to test. Broke out and Came back down to quickly and too far almost hitting  VWAP. Realized this could be ABCD on the 1 min. Bounced right back up and broke through previous 2 candles close/open so I went long on the breakout. Quickly went against me and I got stopped out.

Improvement: Didn’t follow my game plan, got too excited and FOMO. Need to be more patient on these especially first 10mins in these market conditions.
1860802124_3_11.2020-CLDR.thumb.PNG.ea0d336f655e7a087d9c46671b2f0867.PNG

AAL -  Short - 1min - Anticipating Breakdown (Lvl 2 - Wall of bids)

Choppy at the open, but finally broke down through VWAP and held. Tried to push back up through VWAP and MA's but kept getting rejected. Was waiting for a Pop into VWAP to short, but saw a big bid at 15.80 and thought we would break through. Took 1/2 R with anticipation to take another 1/2 on break of 15.8. Noticed wall of bids stepping up to 15.85 - bullish sign but got caught in the charts and ended up shorting on shooting star as it failed to hold above VWAP.   Came back down on small volume and used this as opportunity to get out for half. Got stopped out on the rest.

Improvement: Watched recording after - wall of bids were pushing up strong, by 5c increments. 15.8, 15.85, 15.9 making clear support and higher lows. Need to watch out for this - could have avoided the add, and cut losses earlier.
992478359_3_11.2020-AAL.thumb.PNG.c39d5cff61c05063cf5684def7c4fe26.PNG

AMD - Long - 1min - Breakout
Was thinking short as it looked weak in pre market. But opened strong with SPY. Took a long as it broke and held daily level of 44.88 and held higher highs and higher lows. SPY was holding VWAP thinking it would test and break HOD to give overall market some strength. Chased this entry, could have gotten on a pullback.
676112669_3_11.2020-AMD.thumb.PNG.a405d0769b3ab6b0e2b2e2a1a44b741d.PNG

CCL - Short -1min - Breakdown (Lvl 2 - Wall of bids breaking)
CCL in play as coronavirus fear is killing travel and cruise line industry, and coming off a fresh downgrade yesterday. Shot up in the morning showring some strength, but quickly lost gains and broke VWAP to downside. Held the MA and showed a big wall of bids at 22.5, so entered short expecting it to break stop just above previous pop. Ended up rejecting MA above and coming back breaking the 22.5 wall added more. Had to go to work so put on a Range Order.

Good: Using Charts with Lvl2
Improvement: In my watchlist - mentioned it could come down to 20.5 level (yesterday's low) and it did exactly that, need to have some patience and stick to game plan. If I wasn’t at work - lots of opportunity to add. 5min was showing weakness.

508902004_3_11.2020-CCL.thumb.PNG.3472474ef27cad12b7e7c8563e4f3f86.PNG

Todays Review
Noticing I am looking at trades and entering with Risk in mind, but don't have a specific target sometimes. This provides flexibility of me taking profits whenever. Terrible habit.

Last couple times I have left my range order and took off to work - trades have went as planned.

What I did well:
What I did poorly: Saw exit sign on AAL from Lvl 2 bidders stepping up but didn't take it, instead shorted more. Also trading breakouts which im not the best at - could be getting much better entries

Need to do: Get a mic and record audio in addition to my video. This will allow me to track my exact emotion / thoughts when entering and exiting a trade, and will speed the process of journaling and note talking after wards - seems to be taking to long. Would be nice to bang out my notes quickly and have more time for tape review and forums plus more.

3.10.2020 - Watchlist.PNG

• Like 1

Day 46 - Mar 12, 2020 
7Tickets
2 Symbols

Red Day

Watchlist:

SPY  Coronavirus Panic SPY down 7% close to circuit breaker.  Trump announces no flights from Europe to US. Gatherings continue to close - NBA suspended season, panic is growing.

BA 158.65 175, 180 16.64 Downgrade, Using all of its outstanding loan of 13.6 Bn - financial troubles. Could see much worse news ahead Short   If spy weak, short momentum and failed pops
INO 9.85, 9.4, 8.75 11, 11.5 2.28 Coronavirus vaccine play - Gates Foundation funds 5M grant for vaccines.  Long    

CCL - Short - 1min - Technical Breakdown + VWAP Break and Go Scale in(Lvl 2 Big wall of bidders breaking)
Saw a huge bid at 18, as soon as it broke I took it. Waiting for a pop to add. Market broke down right after halt and then showed strength coming up to high of day - CCL showed relative weakness, just over VWAP and broke down again. Scaled in another short, full size as it broke VWAP for a trend trade. Didn’t do much, consolidated and kept breaking down as it made a higher high. Got stopped out as it squeezed through VWAP and tested HOD.

Good: Followed game plan - I am ok with this loss.

Improvement: Go back to see what I missed in recording. Haven't made strict rules on trading after a halt - will look into it.

434483137_3_12.2020-CCL.thumb.PNG.2a45d4fe929751315f9088198b95d22b.PNG

NCLH - Short - 1min - VWAP Bounce and Reject
Cruise lines pm secondary watchlist (all month), announced no cruises for 60 days - short biased. Broke down after market halted, then saw the other ones have some decent strength on the bounce following SPY, but NCLH was weak. Got rejected by MA on every pop, hovering under VWAP. Took it as a VWAP bounce and reject play, break of VWAP as stop with premarket low as target. Came down to 10.50 and found a large wall of bids, took half off in case it held - ate away at the large bid slowly and dropped down to my profit targe for final covert.
Good: Like my entry, defined risk, MA and VWAP as resistance and chose a relative weak stock to market and industry.

Improvement: Could have went larger size here, as it confirmed and kept getting rejected by MA

1326187644_3_12.2020-NCLH.thumb.PNG.41a6818ac59351335b45750ede72e335.PNG

Todays Review
Wasn't going to trade as trade halt made it a bit choppy. But ended up getting in on 2 cruiseline plays. Overall I am ok with how the day went, followed my rules and stuck to my game plan. Could have avoided the first CCL trade which would have put me in the green but it is what it is.

What I did well: Followed game plan. Had strong conviction on NCLH (Weak relative to industry and market, rejecting MA, Lvl 2 bid was getting eaten away, defined risk, terrible news)
What I did poorly: Could have added more size on a setup that's worked for me.

Need to do: Mic, Game plan for specific events (circuit breaker and halt), need to do much more research on Lvl 2 - very powerful, but I am not utilizing it effectively yet

• Like 1

Day 47 - Mar 13, 2020 
9 Tickets
2 Symbols

Green Day

Watchlist:

1174259336_3_13.2020-Watchlist.thumb.PNG.b9abf4b8e9e3decc007964a4c80fb9bd.PNG

WORK (Trade #1) - Short - 1min - Technical Breakdown
WORK coming off weak earnings, and SPY selling off. Took it as soon as the wall of bids at 18.9 got eaten away.
Target at premarket levels and stop just above VWAP- took it off as we got into daily support level. Will see how it reacts off of it.

Good: Had good convergence on entry - weak market, and Lvl2 confirmation

Improvement: Poor R/R = 1

1105634470_3_13.2020-WORK(1).thumb.PNG.90386037ff4d9188b518a281d36e31ac.PNG

WORK (Trade #2) - Long - 1min - Double Bottom
Looked like it was rounding out - watching the premarket level, held and bounced thorough - took it on the double bottom confirmation with stop just below, and target at VWAP + 19.3 previous support.  All other stocks have made the rebound, thinking WORK might follow. Covered partial into 1R in case we reject, and took another partial into VWAP - held the rest for continuation VWAP trend trade. Came back up to VWAP and rejected - took it all of once we made 1 min low after rejection.

Good: Nice patience on the entry and using daily level as confirmation

1585724121_3_13.2020-WORK(2).thumb.PNG.0f8da927eca61374416e57f2ee3eb0ac.PNG

OXY - Long - 1min - VWAP Break and Go (Also Ascending Triangle)

OXY on secondary watchlist as Carl Icahn loading up on shares. Big drop on open, was waiting for potential double bottom. Came up to VWAP and made higher highs and lows, took it as VWAP trend trade with anticipation of Ascending triangle breaking. Looked like a big seller at 13.9. Consolidated back but held VWAP then spiked up - took partial off (too early) but ended up playing in my favor as I got top tick. Sellers kept stepping down on lvl2. Left the rest to ride for stop loss, adjusted my stop it confirmed lower high and looked weak going into the VWAP.

Improvement: No exit strategy here, was lucky. Working on my exit plan right now.

1776061315_3_13.2020-OXY.thumb.PNG.7ccdf7838ea19005b7564d02e973a577.PNG

Todays Review
Liked my entries, however trade management is still lacking a full exit strategy.

What I did well: Followed game plan. Good entries, with confirmation
What I did poorly: Exit strategy.

Need to do: Game plan - exit strategies. Mic for recording live video/audio - better review.

• Like 1

Day 48 - Mar 16, 2020 
6 Tickets
2 Symbols

Green Day

Watchlist:

223935906_3_16.2020-Watchlist.thumb.png.db4f25c604b888a2d6ef6f59fceaedd2.png

NCLH - Long - 1min - VWAP Bounce and Reject (Sector Strength)

Initially had short bias looking for a double top, however sector caught some strength and potential bounce as SPY was pushing up. NCLH rejected off pre market high then came back into VWAP - rook ir long as a VWAP trend trade as soon as I saw RCL and CCL pop - expecting it to follow. Tight stop with target up at pre market highs levels. Went in my favor right away and took partial off on spike up (too early) and another partial into previous day close - planned, leaving 1/3 on for 11.55 previous support . Looked like it rejected off that previous day high and made a lower high - panic sold - no reason.

Good: Took what the market gave me, didn’t keep my bias.

Improvement: Need to let my winners ride, this is one of my main problems. Take my partial at 1 - 1.5R , take partial at T1 and then let the rest ride until reason to exit.

121965117_3_16.2020-NCLH.thumb.png.f044c5a6df3fd67cd62050270bbe142b.png

BA - Short - 1min - VWAP Break and Go

Continuation of bad news for BA, short biased waiting for a potential entry with SPY sell off as confirmation. Broke down off the open, came up and couldn’t hold VWAP. Missed the entry and noticed it on the 3rd time it touched 137.5 - potential descending triangle. Looking for short but didn’t like SPY strength. Broke through and then came back down to VWAP, bounced over, then broke and held under - took a short as it confirmed breakdown of VWAP and broke down (poor execution - didn’t fight for price). From there was just chopping up and down - didn’t like it so covered for breakeven.

Good: Didn’t like action so just took it off

Improvement: Was choppy, 5 min wicks could have been a sign to stay out.
378919177_3_16.2020-BA.thumb.png.2bd84e6b6e2f2d602c9a791c4361e26b.png

Todays Review
Once again cutting my winners short, panicked and sold my final partial as it started to come back to my entry point - should have held. NO REASON TO EXIT = DO NOT EXIT. This is one of the main parts of my trading that is holding back my P/L curve.

What I did well: Followed game plan. Good entries, with confirmation
What I did poorly: Trade management and exit strategy.

Need to do: Game plan - exit strategies. Mic for recording live video/audio - better review.

• Like 2

Day 49 - Mar 17, 2020 
8 Tickets
1 Symbol

Green Day

*saving space for post - will post when I get a little free time*

Day 50 - Mar 18, 2020 
31 Tickets
4 Symbols

Green Day

Watchlist:

2094968921_3_18.2020-Watchlist.thumb.jpg.e9c8d61a9abcc2b9b4901f6dfe63b573.jpg

BA – Short – 1min – VWAP Bounce and Reject

BA pre market dropped to 99 and bounced. Big push up got rejected off premarket level high of 105.75 and right back down - engulfing on the 1. Trying to push up to VWAP but getting stuffed. Broker through the 99 level and bounced off, bullish signal. Instead I went short thinking it would bounce, then fall through as we had VWAP and MA on the resistance above. Stopped out at MA above VWAP (Top Tick) Anticipating too much on this one, and too choppy for a clean play.
Improvement: Too early, need to wait for confirmation - especially this early, and with this much volatility.
684976293_3_18.2020-BA.thumb.png.1dcad4a4fe3b23bc33e1a72f52378b47.png

RCL (Trade #1) –Short -  1min – Breakdown

RCL looking weak as overall sector is hurting. Bounce and held 24.65 with a big bid on lvl2. Took  a short position as soon as it broke down, stop of previous high. Went in my favor, but ended up taking of 1/3 too early. Took partial at my profit target and lt the rest ride, Bounced up and rejected MA - adjusted stop to break of previous high in anticipation of breakout. Poor trade management here - trading P/L and ended up getting out at breakeven.

Good: Like the entry point, although could have gotten a better fill right at MA this was nice and defined risk.

Improvement: Don’t trade P/L - trade the plan, and the price action. Taking profits off to early.

2026675410_3_18.2020-RCL(1).thumb.png.ba78b266e6d74e4538e7e79b05767623.png

RCL (Trade #2)- Short - 1min - VWAP Bounce and Reject (Failed Pop add)

Got stopped out into VWAP (poor trade management) and watched it reject VWAP - sign for short entry. Came down and broke minor trend - was looking to short at earlier, but hotkey error so I got a rough fill. Took a bounce and retested MA's but got rejected and made lower high - shorted as it broke down from failed pop. Took 1st partial WAY too soon - psychologically happy to be back in the green after being down - poor trade and emotional management.  Took 1/3 off at my target and let the rest ride until felt like over extended and at 3R.

Good: Took partials at my target and let the winner ride.

Improvement: poor trade and emotional management. 
467002006_3_18.2020-RCL(2).thumb.png.335e85bdd6d53de8c13cfd456170fab4.png

RCL (Trade #3) - Short - 1min - Failed Pop

Sector was really week, continuing to drop. Took RCL on a failed pop after covering on the drop. Re-asses and was still weak not much buying power, reconfirmed short bias with a much more defined risk. Took 1/3 off at previous level incase of a bounce, 1/3 off at profit target round level at 22, and let the rest ride until I broke consolidation and new high on 5.

Good: Good job exiting previous trade, re-asses and confirming which a much better defined risk. Good work with partials, although I could have taken that cover at 21 for 7R.
2127697704_3_18.2020-RCL(3).thumb.png.26048a415b4a02d4b682be7c4d9cd5ff.png

AMD - Short - 1min - VWAP Break and Go

AMD Breaking down with SPY - making lower lows and lower highs. Wanted to see it reject VWAP but it was getting stuffed by the MA so I went short as we rejected previous day support - little anticipation and FOMO getting in too early. Ended up getting stopped out as it did the usual VWAP re-test.
 2119690943_3_18.2020-AMD(1).thumb.png.635db58e752f65c8213af4eb12664ae8.png

AMD - Short - 1min - VWAP Break and Go (Scalp)

After getting stopped out I waited for confirmation or VWAP rejection - and shorted as it kept rejection 41.1 and closed under VWAP with tight stop just above previous high wick. Took partial off at pervious level thinking we might hold. Partial panic cover as it bounced. And left final 1/3 to same level test but didn’t like that it held so many times so I took off the rest (was looking to keep a partial to ride, but double clicked hotkey)

Improvement: Hotkey error on entry as well as exit - poor execution.
1344924217_3_18.2020-AMD(2).thumb.png.c6cf22fbc3dfe4be42a54130345bc372.png

NCLH (Trade #1)  - Short - 1min - Technical Breakdown

Cruise lines are weak, down 20-30%. Was watching CCL and RCL and both broke through lows, NCLH was just setting up to, had a big bid at 7.65. Shorted into the break, buyer stepped down to 7.5. Ended up going my way and took 1/3 off into 1.5R. Was doing to let it right, but CCL and RCL looked like they were double bottoming so I took another 1/3 off. Got halted, opened up and pushed to 7.7 right at me entry. Came down, then right back up - place a limit order toward low of the candle stick and covered as the candle closed - rule of covering into the halt and re-asses is a good idea.

Good: Taking partials at decent levels. Covering as it opened from the halt - although I would have gotten a better fill, I like this risk management rule.

Improvement: Should have realized SPY levels for the circuit breaker.
1319806992_3_18.2020-NCLH(1).thumb.png.04a59e0729c52b54161c64b1d4eaa185.png

NCLH (Trade #2) - Short - 1min - Failed Pop

Came up and rejected MA as well as previous consolidation level. Made a lower high so I went short thinking we would continue into the LOD on the overall weakness. Thought we would rejected and go right as it broke, didn’t like how it kept holding so I covered 1/3 0 ended up coming down close to previous low and taking off - covered on stop low into break of previous high.
438972238_3_18.2020-NCLH(2).thumb.png.e8214375f9e8a523853ce0f6da625703.png

Todays Review
Better job letting my winners ride today, however, I did feel like I was over trading. 31 tickets is quite a bit. AMD and BA trades were avoidable - BA was way to choppy no need to be in there. 

Overall happy with the day, but need to work on trade/emotional management.

What I did well: Entries were better, so were partials and letting winners ride - this should pay off in trending markets.
What I did poorly: Emotional management, was watching PnL and trading around that.

Need to do: Find a more effective way to go through my trades - not leaving time for anything else. Put a full weekend into redoing my game plan. Been saying this far too long, just need to do it. 

• Like 1

Day 51 - Mar 19, 2020 
25 Tickets (overtrading)
4 Symbols

Break Even

Watchlist: No watchlist - slept in and got to screens at 6:30

UBER - Long- 1min - Momentum Breakout (ABCD Setup) $1risk

UBER squeezed off the open, heard it called out in chatroom. Missed the ORB which isn't really my play. Took it on the Momentum breakout out of the ABCD. Stop just below previous low. Not a great setup here as I chased the entry  but had lots of momentum. Adjusted stops every time it made a higher low as I didn’t like my entry. Took half off into 19.25 which I saw on daily, and finally at round number

Good: Trailing stops along the way, taking partials at levels.

Improvement: Wasn’t happy wintry, could have had a more defined risk here.

1792027054_3_19.2020-UBER.thumb.png.03e88fe8b602c556d0e7d74c77e20743.png

RCL (Trade #1) - Short - 1min - VWAP Break and Go

Cruise lines weak again, NCLH and CCL were above VWAP looking to break, took RCL as it was already under, and had a defined risk with previous day close and VWAP as stop. Took profits early as SPY was popping and NCLH / CCL were both holding VWAP - not a good sign. Covered another partial as we got to previous bounce leve. Left the rest for original stop breat of VWAP and red to green.
Improvement: Too much adjusting stops and targets - need to get rid of this.
360898000_3_19.2020-RCL(1).thumb.png.cd9e9f0945ab7d18a5d22a03f8d513d8.png

RCL (Trade #2) - Short - 1min - VWAP Break and Go (Anticipation)

Shorted RCL as it approached VWAP and previous day close, strong support level so should have realized I need confirmation on this. Took it too early and got stopped out right above previous high - stop loss got top tick.

Good: Right Idea

Improvement: Poor execution, could have played out much different if I waited for another pop and took it with much tighter stop, or could have waited for breakdown confirmation close below VWAP.

1503167830_3_19.2020-RCL(2).thumb.png.d0fb33383d9d1d3fee79df6333b0828f.png

NCLH - Short - 1min - Failed Pop
NCLH took it at top of channel expecting it to reject and retest VWAP just like RCL. Spy also breaking down through VWAP should see some movement here.

Improvement: This is not in my game plan - shorting top of the channel? That’s a perfect setup for a breakout like it did before…..also above VWAP and shorting into MA - very poorly played. Should not be taking this trade.
504492324_3_19.2020-NCLH.thumb.png.bae1b920684b8b0283c71622d49cac18.png

AMD (Trade #1)  - Long - 1min - Technical Breakout (Momentum)
AMY and SPY pushing and looking to break HOD. Took AMD half size as it broke out on rising volume, for a momentum play looking to add more on any pullbacks. Pulled back but didn’t have the confidence to add and SPY rejected, looking weak. Made its way up to previous high holding above MA - sold partial in case we reject again. Ended up holding and ran into a big bid at 41.5 - short into it thinking we could break and push to 41.9 target, added for full size - sold partial on momentum, breakout and more as we came up to re-test. Left partial ride and got stopped out at MA.

Good: Had the right call on momentum breakout

Improvement: Need to have a better plan for momentum, should be taking profits right away, leaving 1/4 - 1/2 position to ride. 
1793541757_3_19.2020-AMD(1).thumb.png.313768144c80dfd035ef245ed38af37b.png

AMD (Trade #2) - Short - 1min + 5min - Failed Pop

Got stopped out on my final partial, and saw the bearish engulfing on the 5min thinking we could see a retracement into MA and potentially VWAP with stop just above previous high and MA's acting as resistance. Took partial at previous low level and another partial at MA. Left a final one to run and got took it off around same spot as my 2nd partial.

Good: This was a good entry with defined risk, confirmation with MA as well as rising selling volume.

Improvement: Need to be using my risk sizing hotkey - could have turned out to be a nice winner if I sized properly.

267496206_3_19.2020-AMD(2).thumb.png.9fe12a5202f57fbd7de77e1a7ad15900.png

AMD (Trade #3) - Short - 1min - Failed Pop (Scalp into the close)

Overtrading at this point, but watched SPY and AMD sell off into the close - was pretty choked I covered my final partial position right before the drop so wanted to take a little more out of the market. Droped and held below VWAP so I shorted for a quick scalp on the pop. Sold off into previous level and into close.

Improvement: Only reason I played this was to try and get P/L to breakeven - this is overtrading, in the long run will not benefit my account.
742637208_3_19.2020-AMD(3).thumb.png.5e875c7a5e41893f5cd0b3a47af24cb2.png

Todays Review
Coronavirus quarantine = overtrading. Not used to working from home, watch markets here and there and getting FOMO cases. Not happy with my discipline and ability to control. Thinking of turning screens off.

Starting to see progress in ability to recognize why I am making an entry/exit and if it matches my criteria (which is vague right now) - but it is only  happening around 50% of the time, other time I have FOMO, chasing, position sizing problems, over trading.....

What I did well: Noticed a couple of A+ setups
What I did poorly: Position sizing

Need to do: Automation? or look at different journal entries. Have 1.5 weeks of SIM left - need to get this process much smoother in order to make more time and learn strategies and tools. Really want to dive deep into  LVL 2 - would love to hear any suggestion on what has helped them.

• Like 2

Day 52 - Mar 20, 2020 
43 Tickets (major overtrading)
6 Symbols

Loss

Watchlist:

126840601_3_20_2020-Watchlist.thumb.png.8d6ecf0e346fc0017e689fa29ce3d23a.png

UBER (Trade #1) - Long-  1min - ABCD

UBER coming off strong day and upgraded this morning. Strong off open as expected - started to come back down into VWAP - long as it came down and formed ABCD pattern, a little early but didn’t want to miss the move in case it spiked up like yesterday. Stopped out on break and hold of VWAP/ MA.
Improvement: Didn't use my risk hotkeys = no defined risk, no defined target in mind.
1455268422_3_20_2020-UBER(1).thumb.png.4446e19bdbc8dc45a636ec0f3594a08e.png

CCL - Short - VWAP Bounce and Reject (Anticipation)

Watching CCL as it bounces up toward VWAP anticipating the rejection and trend downwards. Sector - RCL and NCLH approach previous day close - should have waited to see how they act. Although both close to low of day, and acting weak. Covered partial into previous level, then took some more off as we moved up and broke through 1min consolidation. Covered final as we broke VWAP, held and bounced higher.

Good: Taking partials at planned levels. Happy with the entry

Improvement: Adjusted my stop
945194309_3_20_2020-CCL.thumb.png.c6a9aab07e9145a0fb993ddb4119a89e.png

UBER (Trade #2) - Long - 1 and 5min - Reversal

Saw UBER come down to the 22 level just like I planned in pre-market. Watched it break through 22 and quickly come back up closing right at that level.  Took it long on a reversal off support into VWAP, sold partial as we spiked into resistance of some MA's (too early) and the rest into Profit target at VWAP.

Good: Had the right idea, playing pre market levels.

Improvement: Need to follow my risk size hotkey - they are there for a reason. Took inconsistent position (too small)
1514611637_3_20_2020-UBER(2).thumb.png.222a99c799b474e92ab2615fd151362d.png

ZM (Trade #1) - Long - 1min - Technical Breakout

Poor play here, saw ZM making ATH and wanted to play momentum - ended up buying the top with too much size. SPY was bouncing toward VWAP - not a good entry here. Can tell it was losing strength looking back at it - double red candle on 1. dying volume on 5,  , lower high on 1 .

Improvement: Use my risk control hotkeys - they are there for a reason

2015956336_3_20_2020-ZM(1).thumb.png.8df1e8f65084a0fd46b01db72a2e1f58.png

***Forced Break - 10min***

Noticed I wasn't trading my setups, not using risk controls and being emotional so I stepped away from platform, recorded my executions and took a breather.

ZM (Trade #2) - Long - 1min and 5min - ABCD
ZM looked like it carved out the  C in ABCD pattern. Took it long thinking we would bounce and continue higher. SPY not going my way so didn’t have full conviction - took 1/2 size with idea to add on confirmation. Went against me, into VWAP which would have been a much better place to add. Ended up adjusting my stop loss in order not to get stopped out….sold all as it broke the uptrend.

Improvement: Need to have more patience on the ABCD Entry, getting in to early and adjusting stops in order not to get stopped out.

2000948821_3_20_2020-ZM(2).thumb.png.6fb522caf823b1f1666f8ff9a95f7f13.png

RCL - Long - 1min - Break and Go (sector play)
CCL (called out in chat) and NCLH both broke through VWAP and ripping up. Saw RCL was just hovering around VWAP, took it as a long on VWAP Break and Go up to HOD.  Tight risk right under consolidation. Adjusted risk a little higher as NCLH and CCL rejected and started retracing. Took partials on spike in resistance at 23.7. Sold the next partial too early should have waited and taken it at my profit target at HOD with leaving final partial to run.

Good: Had the right idea, nice sector play watching others move and this one to follow.

Improvement: Need to let my winners ride, took 2nd partial way to quick - should have been a nice runner.

1644222099_3_20_2020-RCL.thumb.png.350725c9fbc35576c3a4d394cd42aa14.png

UBER (Trade #3) - Long - 1min - VWAP Break and Go (Scale in on confirmation)

UBER looked like double/triple bottom off that 22 level and came back up above VWAP on increasing volume. Took 1/2 size long above VWAP for a break and go into HOD level. SPY coming up to HOD as well - thinking we can break. Scaled in as we dropped back to VWAP and held. Took partials too quick again, for 1/4, then another at profit target, another on spike into HOD and left the rest ride until it broke trend.

Good: Nice scale in on confirmation of hold.

Improvement: Need to let winners ride, rather than taking off to early. Or take a smaller - 1/4 at 1-1.5R, 1/2 at target and leave the rest to ride. Could have added more size after I Sold first partial and had entry on the breakout pullback.

1587892608_3_20_2020-UBER(3).thumb.png.f20ba46f995dcbfb1c613b3318c3ae96.png

AMD - Short - 1min - Breakdown / VWAP Break and Go (Anticipating)

SPY broke Red to Green, tanking on volume - think this will break through VWAP and go. This was terrible short, coming into VWAP and daily level - should have realized this and skipped this trade. This is a clear uptrend, bouncing off VWAP.

Improvement: Didn’t use risk hotkey, held a bias on this and shorted due to SPY falling, no reason to entry - was anticipating with hope it would break.
169079394_3_20_2020-AMD.thumb.png.56131bfe22b272dda5bb1a35151fb54a.png

UBER (Trade #4) - Long - 1min - Technical Breakout (Anticipating - Ascending Triangle Breakout)

Wasn't thinking clearly here - 2nd bad play in a row. Thought process was it was holding higher lows after breaking down through VWAP and holding the daily level at 22, completley missed the bear pennant forming. Went against the trend of MA's and VWAP and was instantly wrong. Instead of admitting I was wrong and taking the loss, I adjusted my stop and took a bigger loss than necessary.

Improvement - don’t adjust stops, if you are wrong you are wrong get out and move on. Not thinking clearly, many signs to stay out. Overtrading looking to make something out of nothing.
1109704545_3_20_2020-UBER(4).thumb.png.aa831c7e1fa31da53950d7def412d2c7.png

UBER (Trade #5) - Short - 1min - Technical Breakdown

Got stopped out of UBER on my long, and thought this was a short as it broke through the daily level and instead of holding and pushing higher it came back and broke again - change of character and selling volume coming in. Got in the drop with plan to add on confirmation - added on the failed pop. Went my way and took profits too early again. Ended up riding out the failed pop and noticed it kept getting rejected by MA and could close above, another big break. Goal was to ride it out until reason to exit. Rejected off MA once again, and shorted as we approached a wall of bidders at 21.1 broke and covered into major level at 20.75 and rest to ride. Manual stop - after spiked up hard and came back down - didn’t like it so got out.

Good: Converging signals - 22 level couldn’t hold, selling volume coming in, rejecting MA, lower lows and lower highs.

Improvement: Need to have more conviction in my winners, rather than taking them off to early - really killing my profitability.
1120610518_3_20_2020-UBER(5).thumb.png.01c178dfb317c65b44c542214314d486.png

UBER (Trade #6) - Long - 1min and 5min - Double Bottom (Reversal)
Level at 20.75 held and made a double bottom. Had a good catalyst and SPY pushing red to green - idea was to buy the reversal and take profits into VWAP. Ended up getting in a little late but still had room to run. Set a mental stop, broke through on 1 min and bounced right back - thought market was testing sellers and stopping out longs before ripping higher. Didn’t have much strength thought. Stopped out on physical stop right at that level from previous drop.

Improvement: Clear overtrading, long, short, long short on UBER….not in the right mindset, 5min was bearish, rejection of multiple MA's and top heavy wicks - should not be entering here.
547157726_3_20_2020-UBER(6).thumb.png.8f1a30fe2f70ff964fb849692ecb455b.png

CRWD - Short - 1min and 5min - Failed Pop (Double Top)

Took the afternoon off as I noticed I was over trading with way to many tickets. Took a look at end of day to see where markets were, SPY turning down, major weakness. CRWD was making lower highs thinking we will reject and move to 47.6 for 3R. Good entry, but trade management was brutal - covered too much accidently so then ended up shorting double size as SPY was dumping, and I was trying to make money back and close the day in the green.
Big buyer at 93, 92, 91, 90 huge wall just wont disappear - bullish signal. Ended up getting stopped out at previous level, and adjusting partial hoping it would come back down.

Good: Right Idea at first, should have taken profits for half, and got stopped out on half for a green trade.
Improvement: Ended up overtrading as I was watching P/L, took too much size and then adjusted stop wider hoping we would come back

815921284_3_20_2020-CRWD.thumb.png.85aa3fc2079731fb82ca2470897aba99.png

Todays Review:

Major overtrading, long, short, long short - losing track of the bigger picture and just chasing action.

NEED TO FOLLOW RISK RULES - taking winner on smaller positions, losers on larger positions - this is brutal. Noticed I was on edge so I stepped away - will add this to my rules. 

What I did well : Stepped away from trading and took a 10 min break to gather thoughts, and see what I was doing wrong (very happy with this decision)

What I did poorly: Position sizing, not taking my hotkey which auto calculates shares based on risk. This was a major flaw I had before the hotkey - taking big losses on trades that aren't A+ setups. 

Need to do: Going back to the drawing board, full review and update of my playbook. Incorporating 1 goal for the week. Next weeks goal = every single trade taken is Risk Hotkey.

• Like 1