Brendon

Big B's Trading Workout

Hi BBT,

Some of you were curious about my workout routine during the SF meetup a month ago, so I thought I would share. How healthy your life outside trading will inventively affect life in the trading room. At the very least, discipline, structure, pain, and patience can transfer back and forth. I work out for 2 hours every other day, unless my day job grinds me to take an extra day off. I did not list abdominals, as I simply do a variety of hanging sit-ups, windshield wipers, and leg raises a few times a week.  

Also listed are my supplements (I buy raw supplements off Amazon and mix, it's cheaper and healthier to make your own). 

BigBWorkout3.0pic.jpg

Edited by Brendon
  • Like 2

Hey, sorry for the late response, I am still recovering from PRK eye surgery, it did stop me from trading but not from working on my gainz.

So if you were a beginner, keep your workout shorter, probably no more than an hour each session otherwise you may injure yourself, mostly in your joints by gaining the flexibility and stamina for longer more intense workouts. Over working out will slow your progress and fatigue your nervous system. Do about 4 exercises per session, 2 per body part, and 2 body parts a day. One compound movement and 1 isolation, example would be like a barbell bench press, then a dumbbell bench press or a barbell curl and the a concentration curl, and you're done for the day. Then for the full body lifts like deads or squats, just have that as your workout day, it should take you an hour to do say 5 sets of those with warm ups. 

DO NOT bother with a personal trainer lol, they will take your money but you will learn best by your own trial and error on what your body tells you and your own research, like youtube, t-nation, etc. 

Kind of like trading, trade with a community and learn from them, but trade on your own, no hand holding. 

• Like 1